shape
carat
color
clarity

destination proposals?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TopSecret

Rough_Rock
okay, maybe this isn''t a stellar idea, but I''m just thinking...
27.gif

I should have the ring within a month.

My girlfriend has a week off in roughly a month.

What if I were to just book a flight somewhere, stay for 2-3 days, propose somewhere in that time frame, and fly back home? Has anyone done something like this? If so, where''d you go? More importantly, *how''d* it go?

We''re east-coasters, near DC.

Thanks!

gogosi

Rough_Rock
My FI did that... but he threw a twist in there that completley threw me off track. It was at Christmas and after being together for over 3 years I always expected a ring...lol... So he made me cancel a whole bunch a plans saying that he wants to go away somewhere... So i got all excited thinking this is it... I will get my ring!

So he surprized me with a trip to Vegas... I had never been and always wanted to go so it was great! My big surprize?!? his friend was coming with us... so I was like wow this is really just a trip to get away from the city and nothing special will happen... To top things off when we get there I find out that we got one room with two queen beds ( aparently otherwize it would''ve been double the price since new years awas around the corner) so at this point I was fuming since by now I was convinced that there''s no way he will propose... I was super dissapointed but figured hey... I''m in Vegas! I guess he''ll propose when we get home ... maybe New Years?!? ... on our last night there... he let me plan our dinner he got me a spa package to make up for having his buddy with us... and then after going to see Cirque du Soleil he proposed in front of Bellagio water fountain show... I was so shocked... did not expect it one bit... I was on cloud nine... then he tells me how my parents know since he went over and asked for their permission before we left... i melted we had never talked about that... to top things up when we arrived home he had arranged for all of our close friends to be at our house... they had decorated everything for us it was awsome...

So the destination proposal was fantastic for us!

TopSecret

Rough_Rock
thanks gogosi! sounds great... although the tagalong friend would''ve thrown me off as well.

I''m thinking someplace much less busy than vegas, kinda off to ourselves in the mountains or something.

NuiX

Rough_Rock
you should try looking on luxury link they have great small trips and I usually end up staying at a place much nicer than I could otherwise afford! Even if you don''t find something that suits you, it may help you get some ideas.

stone_seeker

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/19/2008 9:16:47 AM
Author:TopSecret
okay, maybe this isn''t a stellar idea, but I''m just thinking...
27.gif

I should have the ring within a month.

My girlfriend has a week off in roughly a month.

What if I were to just book a flight somewhere, stay for 2-3 days, propose somewhere in that time frame, and fly back home? Has anyone done something like this? If so, where''d you go? More importantly, *how''d* it go?

We''re east-coasters, near DC.

Thanks!
this is a very popular idea. many friends of mine get married on vacations or getaway trips. i''m going up to the cape area (from nyc).

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I think a destination proposal is a fabulous idea! What kind of things do the two of you enjoy?

Are you outdoorsy? Maybe Maine or somewhere in the Smokey Mtns.

Big city people? NYC or Miami.

Into music? Memphis possibly Boston.

Beach people? The Outer banks.

Just trying to toss some ideas around. I just wouldn''t go too far. With a 2-3 day, vacation, I wouldn''t want to spend too much traveling. In my opinion, shorter flights would be better.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results