shape
carat
color
clarity

Cabo or Caladesi???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

crpediem

Rough_Rock
Hello PSers!

Well after finally finishing the ring hunt for my gf of 2 years (ring thread here) I'm in a bit of a dilemma about the proposal situation.

We have a 5 day all-inclusive vacation package lined up in Cabo San Lucas at the end of the month (aug 28-sept1)... seems like the logical place to pop the question, no? Well I'm kinda thinking about doing it beforehand due to the following:

1. It's killing me to wait till then :-p
2. I'm worried about the logistics of getting the ring to another country under the radar (i.e. getting searched in customs)
3. I'm worried about the ring not fitting her and then having to leave it in the hotel room where it could possibly get stolen.
4. Perhaps it's a bit cliche that a proposal would happen on a trip like this.
5. She's going back to her hometown on a trip the weekend before the Cabo trip to visit her family and best friends - seems like the kind of event a girl might want to show off her ring for???

Given these things I'm thinking this Saturday would be the day to do it.
We live in the Tampa area I was thinking of doing it on Caladesi Island - the number #1 rated beach in America (even over Hawaii) and is only accessible by ferry or private boat. It would be easy to convince her to go given the fact that we haven't been and it's such a highly rated beach and is very much secluded. A mid-day or afternoon proposal i think would really make the ring look impressive (due to excellent lighting conditions). I think this would give her the opportunity to get it sized if needed and be able to wear it to show family and friends she wouldn't see for several months otherwise. On top of that I think it would be totally unexpected.
So what do yall think? Cabo or Caladesi?

So that's the location part, then there's being romantic or trying to be funny/cute.

I was thinking that maybe I'd fake her out with a candy ring first. Talk about a how much I've been wanting to propose but with all the recent home improvement costs and gas prices this was the best I could do.... - then "realize" it's grape flavored (which she hates) and chuck it to a seagull - then get all serious, how bout this one instead? Bling!

or... :)

Her mom (korean)has been asking me, in her best Kim Jong il voice, "wren ru getta-mahread?, wren ru get dah wring?"
Her mother plays the lottery all the time so I always jokingly reply that I will get her daughter a ring as soon as she wins the lottery. So i was thinking I could tell my gf, in a sad serious voice, that I've got something to confess - that I haven't been entirely straightforward over the last year or two and that I really need to get something off my chest. It's just been killing me... you know I.... I never wanted to lie....pause... pause.... to your mother.... but I couldn't wait for her to win the lottery anymore
3.gif
Then whip out the candy ring... she realizes it's a flavor she hates so then I'm like okay... how bout this flavor?
10.gif

lasscreative

Shiny_Rock
hahhahhaha I like your sense of humour!
At first I was thinking Cabo, but when you said about her going on that trip home to the family.. she would definitely want to show it off. I say the beach one!

Good luck

cdndman

Rough_Rock
I like the idea of Caladesi Island with your second scenario proposal. However, I think this part can only be chosen by you since you know your what your GF likes, either way I think both would be very memorable. The Caladesi Island seems to be a hands down winner though, as you mentioned it would be really nice for her to be able to show her family and friends when she goes to meet them. Plus it should make your cabo san lucas trip less stressful/worry free for you.....

Either way good luck!

gracioso

Rough_Rock
cabo is great, what about st thomas?

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2008 11:23:33 AM
Author: gracioso
cabo is great, what about st thomas?
???? The trip is already planned. Maybe reading the post would help him out alot more.

OP: I like the Caladesi idea more and she will be so excited that she can go home and show off the bling. Are you going to travel home with her to annouce the news together?!?

Best of luck with everything, and let us know how it goes!!

For the sake of the seagull, please don't chuck that rock hard candy too hard!!
2.gif

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/12/2008 6:47:37 PM
Author:crpediem
Hello PSers!

Well after finally finishing the ring hunt for my gf of 2 years (ring thread here) I''m in a bit of a dilemma about the proposal situation.

We have a 5 day all-inclusive vacation package lined up in Cabo San Lucas at the end of the month (aug 28-sept1)... seems like the logical place to pop the question, no? Well I''m kinda thinking about doing it beforehand due to the following:

1. It''s killing me to wait till then :-p
2. I''m worried about the logistics of getting the ring to another country under the radar (i.e. getting searched in customs)
3. I''m worried about the ring not fitting her and then having to leave it in the hotel room where it could possibly get stolen.
4. Perhaps it''s a bit cliche that a proposal would happen on a trip like this.
5. She''s going back to her hometown on a trip the weekend before the Cabo trip to visit her family and best friends - seems like the kind of event a girl might want to show off her ring for???

Given these things I''m thinking this Saturday would be the day to do it.
We live in the Tampa area I was thinking of doing it on Caladesi Island - the number #1 rated beach in America (even over Hawaii) and is only accessible by ferry or private boat. It would be easy to convince her to go given the fact that we haven''t been and it''s such a highly rated beach and is very much secluded. A mid-day or afternoon proposal i think would really make the ring look impressive (due to excellent lighting conditions). I think this would give her the opportunity to get it sized if needed and be able to wear it to show family and friends she wouldn''t see for several months otherwise. On top of that I think it would be totally unexpected.
So what do yall think? Cabo or Caladesi?

So that''s the location part, then there''s being romantic or trying to be funny/cute.

I was thinking that maybe I''d fake her out with a candy ring first. Talk about a how much I''ve been wanting to propose but with all the recent home improvement costs and gas prices this was the best I could do.... - then ''realize'' it''s grape flavored (which she hates) and chuck it to a seagull - then get all serious, how bout this one instead? Bling!

or... :)

Her mom (korean)has been asking me, in her best Kim Jong il voice, ''wren ru getta-mahread?, wren ru get dah wring?''
Her mother plays the lottery all the time so I always jokingly reply that I will get her daughter a ring as soon as she wins the lottery. So i was thinking I could tell my gf, in a sad serious voice, that I''ve got something to confess - that I haven''t been entirely straightforward over the last year or two and that I really need to get something off my chest. It''s just been killing me... you know I.... I never wanted to lie....pause... pause.... to your mother.... but I couldn''t wait for her to win the lottery anymore
3.gif
Then whip out the candy ring... she realizes it''s a flavor she hates so then I''m like okay... how bout this flavor?
10.gif

I agree with the bold up there....this way if there are issues with the ring, you can address them accordingly without being out of the country. Such a cute idea....I honestly hate grape-flavored candy too so maybe that''s why I found it to be an awesome idea.....

Besides, if you propose before it will set the stage for an even better, more positive trip to Cabo... :D.

Best of luck and let us know how it goes (with lots of pics of course!!!!)

vita*dolce

Brilliant_Rock
do whatever you feel more excited about! it seems like you want to do it sooner than later so follow your heart. personally, i''d love to have it in time to show my friends and family!! though i wouldn''t worry about having to leave it in the room, places like that usually have safes in the room that you can leave your things in and bring the key with you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results