shape
carat
color
clarity

The Plan

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

airs

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

The day is approaching - 8.8.08! She is Chinese and 8 is considered a very lucky number in Chinese culture so me proposing on this day will have special meaning to her. Wikipedia Its been so hard to keep the whole thing a secret (especially last night!) so I thought maybe it would help to tell you guys about it :)

My girlfriend thinks we are going to Oregon for a weekend camping trip this Friday. I asked her to keep the weekend open a few weeks ago and thought I had all my bases covered until she asked if she could bring her dog..small snag..I calmly and quickly replied that we might stay one night in a hotel if it rains or we get tired of camping so it would be best to not bring her dog along this time. Whew.

What she doesn't know is I've been putting a plan together for the last two months. Instead of driving six hours down to Oregon (we live in the Seattle area), I'm going to pick her up and instead of heading South, I'll drive to Lake Union and park the car at which point I'll confess that we aren't going on a camping trip at all. Rather, we are boarding a seaplane in a few minutes time and flying directly to an exclusive resort on Orcas Island (about an hour flighttime). At this point, I'm not sure if she will just think its me splurging on a nice weekend away for the two of us or if she will start to wonder if I'm up to something more.

We will arrive around 5:30pm and get checked into our room, which I expect to take about an hour. I'm going to then suggest that we walk around the resort property and eventually lead her down to the beach, the whole time talking about how special she is to me and how lucky we are to have found each other. From here, I'm thinking I will find a place to sit down (driftwood will be about, hopefully) and from there we'll talk a bit and then I'll get down on one knee, pull the RING from my pocket (not planning on using a box), and ask her to marry me. I'm thinking this will be good, as I'll be at eye-level rather than down at her waist.

Assuming she says yes, the rest of the weekend promises to be a lot of fun. I have dinner reservations for us at the resort for Friday evening (8pm) and a rental car will be dropped off for us the following day so we can explore the island together. Saturday night we have dinner reservations at a different highly recommended restaurant on the island and then Sunday we leave by seaplane at 3pm.

What do you guys think?

sklingem

Brilliant_Rock
Airs - sounds like a wonderful idea. The big change of plan will be suspicious though - so I doubt that it would have the same effect as if you guys went backpacking as planned and you proposed. I am sure that she will be thrilled either way - it may have been nice to combine both ideas (proposing on the first day of backpacking and then going to the resort to celebrate)! Good luck!

airs

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the reply Rob :) I did consider proposing before the trip, but I'm not sure if our schedules will allow for it - she has a work function until 2pm and then a facial until 3:15...the flight is at 4:30. Maybe I could think of something special and fit it in between her facial and the flight..

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
oh goodness. can you please call up my boyf and tell him this WONDERFUL idea???? if it was me, i would be thinking a proposal would happen as well, but honestly i wouldnt care - i''d be to excited. Since the plan ride is an hour, why not propose then?

anyway, the whole idea sounds fantastic.
one thought though - instead of saying you booked a room elsewhere, say you booked a plane down to Oregon! :)

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Hi Airs! Just checking in to see how the proposal went. I spent a weekend in the Orcas in October 2007 and it was BEAUTIFUL! I am sure the proposal was a success. You know we all want the story and pictures. Lots and lots of pictures
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results