shape
carat
color
clarity

NYC Proposal for NYC residents

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

azbuyer

Shiny_Rock
We live in NYC and so we go to nice restaurants quite often. That said, I dont think just a nice night out would be special enough. I''ve been struggling with this and was hoping any other NYC residents had any thoughts. I just would not know the first place to go after dinner and I dont think I want to do it in a crowded restaurant. Anyone else agree that a crowded restaurant may not be the best idea? Central Park, and other landmarks I think is a bit touristy and if I didnt live here then it may be a different story.

I was thinking about a weekend away (Nantucket, Montauk, etc.) and maybe organizing a boat cruise or some other romantic dinner / night out.

If I were to stay in NYC (sometimes getting away for weekend is tough and might be obvious) I also thought about renting a room at a nice hotel for the night - neither of us have ever stayed in a hotel since we live here but even that seems kind of blah to me because of the logistics involved (change of clothes, etc.).

If anyone (especially NYC residents) has ideas or suggestions, they would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If you do decide to go with the hotel idea, may I recommend the Hudson? Their bar/lounge area is one of the best combinations of cozy and classy that I''ve ever seen: I''d imagine the rooms to be of a similar caliber. The logistics don''t seem that daunting to me - swipe a dress from her closet the morning of, tuck it in a carry-on, and stash it at the hotel beforehand - but I see your point. Thinking about NYC proposals that are non-touristy, and not knowing your history, or if you have any special places in the city ... do you have roof access, by any chance? In my experience, even if you don''t, many supers will grant it for a night for a good cause (or, failing that, a nice gratuity). Setting up a nice dinner in sight of the skyline seems like a quintessentially NY proposal to me ... and highly preferable to a crowded restaurant.

fingerscrossed

Rough_Rock
Is there any particular special spot for the two of you (e.g., first kiss, etc.)? That would work.

You mention that you go to nice restaurants, so what about a picnic in the park? There are plenty of places in Central Park you could do this and be out of the crowds.

What about the conservatory garden in Central Park at 105 and Fifth Avenue? It is spectacular. Here is a link to a photo: http://www.centralparknyc.org/site/PageServer?pagename=virtualpark_northend_conservatorygarden

Does she have a favorite scene from a movie set in NY? You could use that location.

Maybe the steps of the Met at night (when the crowds are away)? Have you ever been to Bemelman''s Bar at the Carlyle Hotel on 76 and Madison? It is very old NY. There is a piano player and the drinks are incredible. You could go there, then suggest a stroll and propose on the steps. Or you could propose first then go celebrate at the Carlyle.

smooleys

Rough_Rock
I have to agree with the central park conservancy idea. I''m thinking of doing that myself and although I''m from NJ, I don''t think it would be a "touristy" thing to do if you live in the city. It really does seem breathtaking if it''s a nice day.

Just my two cents.

Let us know what you decided.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results