shape
carat
color
clarity

A few ideas to choose from...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mountainman99

Rough_Rock
So, as I wait for the ER to come, I am now left wondering where the best place to ask her is. So I have a few ideas. We''re both very spiritual and very outdoorsy people, so I''m of course planning on popping the question someplace majestic. The problem is that where we live, Colorado, there are tons of majestic places! Here''s some background:

Before we even started dating, I was showing her around the area because we knew each other from church. We went to go hiking and I took her by this church that''s nestled in the mountains. I had visited a friend in CO before I moved here, and when I saw this church, I said this is where I''m getting married someday. I even took my parents to see it after I moved here, and told them the same thing. They laughed because I had only been living here for 3 months, and I wasn''t even seeing anyone. Well, when I took my girlfriend there, we weren''t dating yet, I was very interested in her, but I wasn''t sure if she felt the same way or not. We just walked around the church and then we went inside. She was so impressed once inside that she said, I''m totally getting married here! It''s the kinda thing that sends chills down your spine, since I had said the same thing on numerous occasions, but never shared that with her. So now, my ideas:

1. There''s a hike up to a short peak from which you see the church and the massive mountain behind the church. To me, there''s something special about overlooking the church in the valley. This is the exact view, but the massive mountain is to the left (West), and out of the picture here: http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/novak/rmnp/picsdir/w156.jpg. It can be seen here though in this picture taken from the road looking West: http://www.stevej46photography.com/files/SaintMaloMtMeekerDenoise800.jpg. More pics here.

2. The other idea I had was actually proposing in the church, which I could make very special, but I think I like the first idea better.

3. The other idea I had was to go to someplace completely different, yet amazing. Someplace like hanging lake, which is well known around here. I think the first post would be more secluded and personal though. See the lake here.

Thanks for your thoughts and advice in advance,
Doug

dockman3

Brilliant_Rock
It sounds like you''re set on the first one, and I have to say that I agree! That view is spectacular and that church is gorgeous too. I don''t think you can go wrong there. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
In all three of your picks you went right back to #1. I think your heart is telling you #1 and because that''s what your heart says that''s what I would go for.

Besides...its beautiful!!

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
i think 1 is the best and seems the most sentimental to you both! :)

mountainman99

Rough_Rock
I guess I was sold on the first option before I knew it, considering that it made its way into all three suggestions! I didn''t even realize I had done that. It looks like we have a winner. OK, back to waiting for the ring:)

wse

Rough_Rock
i wouldnt propose with the view of a church or inside of a church.. its a bit heavy...

mountainman99

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/6/2008 11:41:31 PM
Author: wse
i wouldnt propose with the view of a church or inside of a church.. its a bit heavy...

I have no idea what you meant by heavy, but religion is a huge part of our relationship. Since we both love the outdoors and are in love with the idea of getting married in that specific church, I think she''d find it uplifting rather than heavy.

dockman3

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/8/2008 5:52:24 PM
Author: mountainman99
Date: 7/6/2008 11:41:31 PM

Author: wse

I have no idea what you meant by heavy, but religion is a huge part of our relationship. Since we both love the outdoors and are in love with the idea of getting married in that specific church, I think she''d find it uplifting rather than heavy.

I agree with you. It sounds like that''s what you guys are into and that''s great. I say go for it and let us know how it turns out!

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
I just wanted to say I love that church and I know how hard the decision is, its so lovely here. If you want something romantic afterwards, there are some really nice places to eat at the Stanley hotel afterwards. The best food in the area is the Flagstaff house outside Boulder which has AMAZING food, but costs it. If you want to go somewhere fun afterwards, the Pioneer Inn in Nederland is a kick and less formal than the Stanley or Flagstaff.

If you really want to surpise her, which the church may not, you could head south to the mount of the holy cross to go hiking as well.

ComeFlywMe

Rough_Rock
Any updates on the engagement? Can''t wait to hear!

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
I agree....Any updates?
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results