shape
carat
color
clarity

Princess VS Emerald Cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
I am new to Pricescope, but have been lurking for awhile now. My boyfriend has been asking questions such as "what size ring are you" and "What cut do you like". I have narrowed my favorites to the princess cut and emerald cut. I have read thoroughly about each, but want/need opinions about each. I think the boyfriend is looking for around a .75 carat center stone. I have bigger fingers (size 6.75) and was curious to which stone would look better. The setting I showed him I liked was a 2.5 mm thick pave diamond cathedral setting.

Thanks for the help!!
1.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
If it isn''t a halo, I''d lean towards princess, even though EC''s are my favorite. It will match the sparkle.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/30/2008 9:41:55 AM
Author:BeachRunner
I am new to Pricescope, but have been lurking for awhile now. My boyfriend has been asking questions such as ''what size ring are you'' and ''What cut do you like''. I have narrowed my favorites to the princess cut and emerald cut. I have read thoroughly about each, but want/need opinions about each. I think the boyfriend is looking for around a .75 carat center stone. I have bigger fingers (size 6.75) and was curious to which stone would look better. The setting I showed him I liked was a 2.5 mm thick pave diamond cathedral setting.

Thanks for the help!!
1.gif
Welcome!

I would suggest trying to look at both shapes in person if you can as they are very different to each other. I love EC''s personally, but if you can check some out yourself, you will get a better feel for which shape is right for you.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
You really need to go check out princess cuts and emerald cuts in person before making this decision. Both shapes sparkle in totally different ways....You really need to be an emerald cut lover to own one....That's why you should really check them out IRL.

Good luck!

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Princess cut: Sharp pointed corners, crushed ice look, a bit trendy.

Emerald cut: Clipped corners, defined steps look, classic.

Totally different, and most people would prefer one or the other, but not both.
1.gif

Shameless

Rough_Rock
Congratulations on your pre=engagement.

My gf thought she liked both... but after trying them on she preferred the emerald cut. She''s a size 7, and has thin long fingers... so it seemed to proportionally suit her better.

Definitely try a bunch on :)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2008 10:47:33 AM
Author: purrfectpear
Princess cut: Sharp pointed corners, crushed ice look, a bit trendy.

Emerald cut: Clipped corners, defined steps look, classic.

Totally different, and most people would prefer one or the other, but not both.
1.gif

I agree. I personally do not like PRs but I have seen some beautiful ones on here. They have completely different looks.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results