shape
carat
color
clarity

We had to say goodbye today

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
iluvcarats - I am so sorry for your loss. We lost our sweet yellow lab Jake a year ago this month. He was 12. I know how much you must miss him. Someone sent me this poem when we lost Jake and I thought it was very touching. Hopefully it will bring you some comfort -

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Poor Jasper - I am so sorry! I can see by the photos what a sweet loving doggy she was and what a strong part of your family. I am really sorry that she is gone.

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry for your loss. I will be thinking of you and your angel Jasper.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
iluvcarats- I am so sorry... labs are the absolute best dogs ever. They are truly family members and it looks like Jasper had a wonderful life in your family. My family''s is boy 11 now and I am dreading the day when the inevitable happens...

sending lots of love to your family and sweet Jasper... from me and my family''s chocolate lab Mario.

IMG_m2657.jpg

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Peace to her dear soul.

Delster

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry iluvcarats. Always remember that you gave Jasper a wonderful home with a loving family. Thinking of you.

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
iluvcarats - my thoughts are with you, your family and Jasper. She was a beautiful dog who lived such great life with you and your family. I''ve been in your shoes before and I know it''s not easy, but focus on all the loving moments and happy times you''ve shared with her. I''m so sorry for you loss...
39.gif
7.gif

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
I am so sorry to hear of your loss iluvcarats. I too have a 13 and 1/2 year old yellow lab called Meg. I thank God every day for letting me keep her a little bit longer, but of course I know the time grows shorter every day. Sadly they are only every on loan to us, but I am sure you gave your girl and wonderful and well loved life; and ultimately you were able to make the decision to end her suffering. My beloved cat was put to sleep a week ago and although my heart is still so sore and I miss her terribly I am so glad that her end was peaceful.

My thoughts and prayers are with you

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
big hugs to you!!! I''m so sorry..

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry to hear about Jasper. Please know that you gave her a long and happy life filled with love and a wonderful home, which is the best any animal can possibly hope for. Jasper and you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers - I know how incredibly painful this is, but you did the right thing to let her go when it was time, and I know she appreciates it.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Thank you very much for all of your sympathy, well wishes, poems and prayers. PS is such a wonderful place, and I am lucky to have found it.
Jasper had a great life, full of love, she died peacefully at home in my arms, and we are comforted that she didn''t suffer.
Again, thanks for all of your kindness.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
iluvcarats, i''m so sorry for your loss. My heart aches for you. Having an 8 year old lab, I know the time will come and can''t bear even thinking about it. Jasper was beautiful and I know she lived a wonderful well loved life.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ILC, I am also so sorry for your loss. I will be keeping you, your family and your sweet Jasper in my thoughts and prayers.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I am sorry for your loss. Losing a loved one is hard. Hang in there. *hugs*

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry for your loss--he was a beautiful boy.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my golden retriever just a few months ago, and I understand what you are going through. Stay strong and know that your beautiful friend had a wonderful life with you and your family!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
It''s wonderful how much joy she brought to you and your family. I''m very sorry for your loss.

matildawong

Shiny_Rock
oh, iluvcarats, i''m so sorry to hear about you and your family''s loss of dear Jasper. I''m thinking of you and sending warm wishes your way. And Jasper''s, too.

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
Goodbye Jasper old girl. Thanks for the many years of companionship you''ve given to Iluvcarats. Hope your new place has lots of biscuits, cats to chase, and fire hydrants.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m really sorry to hear of your loss. It''s so painful to lose a pet.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh sweetie, my heart goes out to you and your family. There''s nothing quite like the pain of losing a pet. Jasper was a beautiful looking girl, bless her heart. Thinking of you all.

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I am so sorry for your loss. And my heart just breaks for you and your family. How fortunate you were to have such a wonderful companion for so many years, but how hard it must be to let her go. Wishing you all well.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
39.gif

I am so sorry iluvcarats. My heart goes out to you and your family...

She was a beautiful pup.

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
omg, I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

I am a huge lab lover and have raised a couple for guide dogs and am now loving my 5yo forever labbie Chloe.

what a gorgeous and regal girl your Jasper was- just beautiful. i hope you find some peace during this difficult time, and think of her running around free in a field chasing bunnies and eating lots of yummy treats.

hang in there-

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Thanks again for all of your kind words and support. I have read over your thoughts a couple of times, and they have all been very comforting to me. Thanks!
35.gif

Dogmom

Shiny_Rock
I''m so sorry to hear of your loss. ((( Jasper ))) ((( iluvcarats )))

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Awww, I''m sorry. She was a beauty! :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results