shape
carat
color
clarity

Comment on Whiteflash policies

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

caligirl08

Rough_Rock
My bf recently purchased a diamond from WF, which I was happy about because I suggested that he purchase it from them. I emailed them about a diamond I was interested in and Lesley was extremely responsive and very helpful! I felt very comfortable about working with them (especially with their upgrade policy since you all have warned me about PS shrinkage..ha!)

I gave my bf input as to which diamond I preferred, but he said he didn''t want me to see it in person before he proposed. However, I accidentally discovered my ring since we live together. It''s a gorgeous diamond but I decided I wanted a little thinner band so I asked my mom if I could try a few of her rings on for comparison. She mentioned to me that she had a diamond ring that she''s been keeping in the bank that she wanted to give me to have as an engagement ring.

It was a few days past the return policy (and in all fairness, I did not contact WF about the diamond, only about exchanging the band), but I would''ve liked the option of considering my mom''s ring since she is terminally ill. Chances are that I would have kept the WF ring since my bf purchased it for me, but it would put my mind at ease to at least know there was an option there...

I''m a little disappointed by the return policy, now learning that almost every other vendor out there has a 30 day policy. Is anyone else a little disappointed by this as well? I understand not wanting people to take advantage of more lenient policies and having customers sit on a diamond, but in reality, unexpected things can sometimes arise that one cannot plan for.

As a side note, I have referred several people to Whiteflash- and will continue to do so- as I think they are great to work with. I just wish the return policy had been a little bit longer so I could have at least been at peace with knowing I had a choice in the matter. Thanks for hearing me out!

arthureld

Rough_Rock
I am a noob here and am sorry to hear of your disappointment.
Since I am about to make a purchase, I have been checking different venders policies.
I found out today that Winfield's has a 60 day return policy.

What is PS shrinkage?

I hope Whiteflash sees this thread and trys to somehow make you feel better.
An engagement ring needs to have a positive experience attached to it.
Good luck

marchswallowbird

Brilliant_Rock
LOL, Arthur, PS refers to PriceScope. Shrinkage is also referred to here as DSS -- diamond shrinkage syndrome. This is what happens to some people after they purchase their dlamond...after they''ve had it awhile, their stone begins to look small to them (shrinkage) and they begin dreaming about bigger stones.

Re: the Whiteflash policy, yeah, I wish they had at least a 30-day return policy. or at least 20. 10 seems quite short, especially if you want to reserve your final decision for after the stone has been set.

arthureld

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the clearafication marchswallowbird.
It seems like PS shrinkage most often would be covered by the upgrade policy.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Did you explain the situation to WF? Perhaps they would take it back for your circumstances.

smithy617

Rough_Rock
give them a call

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
caligirl08:

We sympathize with your situation. Explanation - We set our return policy at 10 days as many of the stones we sell are from outside vendors and the vendors require notification of a final sale within a period of about 2 weeks from when we receive the diamond in house. Once the 10 days inspection period has expired and we have confirmed the sale with the vendor, we do not return the stone. The diamond is always eligible for our buy back or upgrade policies if it has been approved at time of purchase.

In addition, we have recently instituted a policy whereby if a "virtual" diamond is purchased and a custom setting is ordered, we are now sending the stone out first for approval prior to starting the setting. This is because custom work usually takes a minimum of 3 weeks to complete.

We are flexible with our return policy when we sell our in house inventory. We are prepared to extend the policy up to 30 days in cases where customers require the extra time, but only for in house diamonds.

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

angeline

Ideal_Rock
I just wanted to note that it says very clearly on the invoice from WF the exact time and date the inspection period expires.

I do hear your disappointment though caligirl. I hope it all works out for you.

lovegem

Shiny_Rock
Sorry for hijacking your thread, caligirl.

Lesley, can you tell me a bit about your upgrade policy? I looked up your website, but didn''t see anything that said how much money or % of the original stone would be required to do the upgrade.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results