shape
carat
color
clarity

What is this setting style? (eternity band from Electrasol commercial)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Like bezeling, obviously, but the metal outside is SOOOO thin.

Just curious, because I''ve never seen a band quite like it before!

(And yes, I did pause the TV to take a picture
3.gif
)

electrasoldiamondband.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2008 8:49:01 PM
Author:musey
Like bezeling, obviously, but the metal outside is SOOOO thin.

Just curious, because I''ve never seen a band quite like it before!

(And yes, I did pause the TV to take a picture
3.gif
)
oooooh, I have no idea...but I loooooove it!!!! I hope someone chimes in so I can find out too!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Me too!!! It''s so fluid, just looks like it''s carved out of one big diamond!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2008 8:59:42 PM
Author: musey
Me too!!! It''s so fluid, just looks like it''s carved out of one big diamond!
I like that you can''t see any metal from the top view! I wonder if this is more secure than shared prong.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
musey is that from a commercial for something totally NOT diamond related? something like dishwashing soap or something??

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2008 9:30:53 PM
Author: jcrow
musey is that from a commercial for something totally NOT diamond related? something like dishwashing soap or something??

Yup, Electrasol. It gets glasses sparkly clean in the dishwasher!
2.gif

I also loooove that ring. I feel like I have seen it before elsewhere...but not sure where...

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2008 9:33:01 PM
Author: neatfreak

2.gif

I also loooove that ring. I feel like I have seen it before elsewhere...but not sure where...

i thought that was the strangest commercial, like they didn''t connect the dots... diamonds... hum... and dishes? eh?
i mean i get it, it''s they just did it weird.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2008 9:33:01 PM
2.gif
Just like diamonds
3.gif
haha!

Jcrow, I agree, the commercial was strangely done. Good thing they had some eyecandy in it! (It apparently was enough to get this PSer's attention!!)

ETA: Awkward sidenote, this thread is filled with some of the prettiest (IMO) avatars on PS
4.gif
You three ladies have some of my faves...

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
I dont know what it''s called but I know someone in the retail jewelry biz who has that setting as her wband and she said stones are always coming loose in it.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooh, that''s nice! It''s gorgeous! I could be totally making this up, but didn''t Leon Mege do a ring like that for somebody on PS?

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had thought the same thing when I first saw the commercial..."what is the connection here"? Very interesting choice on their part.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
That''s so wierd! Here in Australia, they have an ad for Finish dishwasher balls and they have diamonds in their ads too! Really nice sparkly ones. Whenever those ads are on, my partner turns around and asks me whether they are cut well or not, and whether they would stand up to PSer critique - he is such a smarty pants!
11.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2008 11:09:50 PM
Author: girlie-girl
It''s by a gentleman named Bez Ambar. Here''s a page that talks about him and the design:

http://www.bezambar.com/about

Good call! Unfortunately the bit I have read about his company is that they have bad customer service and many people have had problems with their settings. Anyone know any more???

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, you guys are amazing at tracking things down!!! It looks beautiful on KD, I hope she is wearing it more often!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2008 11:15:10 PM
Date: 7/10/2008 11:09:50 PM
Author: girlie-girl
It's by a gentleman named Bez Ambar. Here's a page that talks about him and the design:

http://www.bezambar.com/about
Good call! Unfortunately the bit I have read about his company is that they have bad customer service and many people have had problems with their settings. Anyone know any more???
Date: 7/10/2008 11:19:30 PM
NOW I remember where I saw this ring!!! KristyDarling has one! Here it is, page three:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-e-ring-diamond-eternity-w-bands.25352/page-3
Oh, you ladies are SUPER-SLEUTHS!! Thanks for finding that!

What an interesting style. Surfgirl, my very first thought was that the thiiiiiiiin edging looked like it couldn't possibly hold all the stones securely, so I'm not surprised your friend had problems with it. Shame, because it's otherwise quite interesting and beautiful!

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
Ha ha ha! Pausing a dishwasher detergent commercial for a picture of a diamond ring -- sounds like something I''d totally do if I could pause my tv AND had a camera better than my cell phone! I''ve seen that commercial and LOVED that eternity ring. Could care less about the soap, though. Hmmph...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results