shape
carat
color
clarity

throught I''d introduce myself

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

purelily

Shiny_Rock
Hi! I've been lurking for awhile. I posted about questions about floral rings a couple of weeks ago. Since I was procrastinating from studying for my bar exam ( which I should not be doing) I decided to say hey! :)

My bf and I recently starting talking about getting engaged. We've only been together 5 months now. So, I'm not quite sure what he's really thinking, but I knew after the first month he was the right one. My family loves him and my brother thinks he's the best guy ever. For those who think its possibly a rush... I dont know. I think I'm one of those people who believes that when you know you know. He is the same way.

He told me we may be engaged at the end of this year, but he wants me to meet his family first. So, he's taking me to meet them in a couple of months. I'm not seriously thinking we are going to be engaged until our 1 year ( he is very traditional), but I just wanted to start checking out rings (with his blessing ;-) ). Honestly, I would wait forever for him. He's my best friend and favorite confidant. We tried an experiment of living together for two months and its been going really well. I will be going home soon though after the summer. He told one of his closest friends that we are thinking about getting married, but that since I am not sure where my job situation is yet ( I still need to pass my bar) he is not sure what he should do. his friend said if you wait for everything to align it'll never happen. do it when it feels right. Then, he told me he was talking to his friend about it.

This past weekend i asked him if i could check out rings with him. He said no, the guy is supposed to make the decision about the ring, but I can send him pictures of my jewelry taste ( I wear no jewelry). He said he will take it into consideration. :-p

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome!

Congrats on finishing law school, and good luck on the bar!

Some people date 5 years and marry, some dates 5 months and marry, and who knows why one lasts over the other. If you''re both sure, then you''re both sure. Congratulations on finding the person you want to spend your life with! Just make sure before you get engaged that you''ve at least had a couple of arguments under your belt. You learn so much from those!
2.gif

Hopefully your stay here is short and sweet!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
HI!
35.gif

I think it's sweet that he wants to pick the ring. I was getting myself pretty worked up about what I liked and didn't like, and ultimately, I guess I do want my BF's stamp of approval on it, and I like the idea of him making the final decision, (though I would LOVE if his choice was my clear favorite). I love the idea of being surprised! Congrats to you and your BF for talking about these things, what an exciting time. When men are excited about getting married, it really shows, and it is such a beautiful thing!

Also, look into pre-marital counseling after you get engaged. I think everyone should do it! I have been with my boyfriend nearly 5 years, and we will be going before we tie the knot!
2.gif

Welcome welcome welcome!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
A BIG Welcome!
35.gif

And another congrats on finishing law school--that''s a very big accomplishment!
36.gif

Good luck with studying and don''t let us distract you too, too much!
9.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Welcome!
35.gif
Hope you stay is a short one!

Izzy03

Brilliant_Rock
Let me try to get this link to work, I saw this picture and thought about you.

http://www.usmagazine.com/stars_hot_engagement_rings_122107?slideshow_id=455&o=7

purelily

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the welcome everyone! Thanks for the ring link! Wow that one is gorgeous! :)

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome to PS!
35.gif

Good luck with your bar exam!!!!!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Welcome!

Best of luck with the bar. I''m studying for it right now as well, so I can totally commiserate. When is your exam?

It is hard to not have the ultimate say in the process (heck, I had no say), but send him lots and lots of pictures, and I''m sure he''ll pick a great ring. Even if it''s not exactly what you would''ve picked, you''ll be surprised how much you love it once it''s on your hand. There is nothing quite like knowing that the man you love picked that ring out for you because he wants to be with you forever.

Hope your stay is short and sweet.

luckynumber7

Shiny_Rock
welcome!!! and good luck on the bar exam.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results