shape
carat
color
clarity

I accidentally saw my engagement ring.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
I half accidentally half purposely saw my engagement ring....I saw the box in his drawer and had to look....I was like a little kid near christmas time! Anyway....I''m not totally sure that I''m happy with it
7.gif

It''s from Kay jewelers. I''ve never really been into the solitaire thing OR the round cut...it''s a little too plain for me. I don''t know what to do. Should I just be happy with it? I mean I can''t tell him I found it. The wedding band enhancer part was really pretty though! I feel bad but excited at the same time...my feelings are all mixed up! Anyway...I cant get the images to attach correctly but here are the links http://www.kay.com/images/products/1508/150866705_MV_PD.jpg and http://www.kay.com/images/products/0406/040668307_MV_PD.jpg

What do you guys think?

ringless

Shiny_Rock
Oh sweetie... I love solitares so I think it's so simple and beautiful. You can always get a nice wedding band to your liking! I would love to have that ring! You are very lucky!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Where is Kittybean????

She accidentally saw her ring and she didn''t like it either...that was until she put the gorgeous thing on!!!

My suggestion to you would be the same that I gave her...wait until you wear it. If after you wear it, you realize you still dont like it then I would speak up.

Also, sometimes men will get a solitaire to propose with and then change it to the band the girl wants after. Is there a possibility that maybe that''s what he''s doing??

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Assuming you and your SO never went ring shopping together, it looks like he did not want to disappoint you and picked the standby solitaire (which is a classic beauty IMHO) to avoid getting something you absolutely didn''t like. Our SOs are completely clueless sometimes, but if I were you I would try to focus on the love and commitment you have from your SO first and foremost.

Did you know that he had the ring already? If not, and you really, really dislike the ring then maybe you can suggest you go ring shopping together (at Kay''s perhaps) and you can show him some styles you like. Maybe then he can exchange/upgrade/return/whatever the old one and get you one more in line with your tastes. OR you could possibly send/show him some online pictures of styles you like to give him a little hint.

I''m not sure if other PSers would agree, but it''s worth a shot. That way he won''t know you saw the ring he had and you could still get your dream ring.
1.gif
Otherwise, you could be like CookieTyme and talk with him about it after the proposal...but that could affect any exchange policies Kay''s has timewise.

I would totally have been like you looking at the ring! I wouldn''t actively seek it out, but if I opened a drawer and it was staring me in the face I wouldn''t be able to resist.

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
The wedding band enhancer was there too.....which I think is very pretty....I couldn''t resist trying it on once I found it! haha....it does look really nice
9.gif
But I think I''m just feeling horrible because I just HAD to be nosey! Now I''m wondering when it''s going to happen...I know he wants to ask my dad first and his parents invited my parents over for a cookout out this sunday so I''m thinking it''s going to happen soon!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2008 11:02:24 AM
Author: Missy0483
it does look really nice
9.gif
I think your feelings are all mixed up ... and that you won''t *really* know how you feel until much, much later. Enjoy this time of excitement & concentrate on the love that went into picking out such a pretty ring!

There''s simply nothing you can do about it now without causing hurt feelings etc -- especially if he''s gonna propose this weekend! I have a sneaking suspicion that you''re gonna LOVE the ring anyway & all 2nd thoughts or hesitations will melt away after the proposal. So don''t stress. Release control. Get a manicure.
2.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I think it is classic and timeless. I constantly oscillate between a fancy antique style and a simple solitaire. I love the beauty, elegance and simplicity of a solitaire! Yay for you!!!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a very simple and classic look. If you think it''s going to happen soon I''d just wait until you get the ring and see what you think of it. It may be too late now to hint about what you want unless you really don''t like the ring once you get it.

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/30/2008 11:00:55 AM
Author: IndyGirl22
Assuming you and your SO never went ring shopping together, it looks like he did not want to disappoint you and picked the standby solitaire (which is a classic beauty IMHO) to avoid getting something you absolutely didn''t like. Our SOs are completely clueless sometimes, but if I were you I would try to focus on the love and commitment you have from your SO first and foremost.

Did you know that he had the ring already? If not, and you really, really dislike the ring then maybe you can suggest you go ring shopping together (at Kay''s perhaps) and you can show him some styles you like. Maybe then he can exchange/upgrade/return/whatever the old one and get you one more in line with your tastes. OR you could possibly send/show him some online pictures of styles you like to give him a little hint.

I''m not sure if other PSers would agree, but it''s worth a shot. That way he won''t know you saw the ring he had and you could still get your dream ring.
1.gif
Otherwise, you could be like CookieTyme and talk with him about it after the proposal...but that could affect any exchange policies Kay''s has timewise.

I would totally have been like you looking at the ring! I wouldn''t actively seek it out, but if I opened a drawer and it was staring me in the face I wouldn''t be able to resist.
Well I told him I didn''t want a HUGE ring since my fingers are small so I think that''s why he stuck with a simple one. But other than that I only told him I wanted white gold. I think I''ll just stick it out...it looked pretty on my finger!

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
I''m feeling a lot better about the situation....I just had to tell someone! Thanks for reading
1.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2008 11:23:58 AM
I''m feeling a lot better about the situation....I just had to tell someone! Thanks for reading
1.gif
Sweetie, I can totally understand why you were feeling sort of mixed up before--stumbling across an engagement ring before the engagement makes it all about the ring instead of the feelings associated with that moment. It sounds like he really took to heart the things you told him you wanted in a ring and found a lovely way to give you the option of having a more blingy look if that was what you liked. I''m glad you''re feeling better, and it just might be that, by the time he gives you that beautiful ring, your doubts will have melted away and all you''ll see is how much your honey loves you. Cheesy but true, I''ll bet.
2.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2008 11:32:33 AM
Author: gwendolyn

1.gif
Sweetie, I can totally understand why you were feeling sort of mixed up before--stumbling across an engagement ring before the engagement makes it all about the ring instead of the feelings associated with that moment. It sounds like he really took to heart the things you told him you wanted in a ring and found a lovely way to give you the option of having a more blingy look if that was what you liked. I''m glad you''re feeling better, and it just might be that, by the time he gives you that beautiful ring, your doubts will have melted away and all you''ll see is how much your honey loves you. Cheesy but true, I''ll bet.
2.gif
This is so true.

My ring is at home. It has no sentimental value to me right now...it''s just a really beautiful ring that I am dying to wear. After the proposal, I know it''ll be that much more special.

I can''t wait for your engagement. I''ll take the advice of getting a mani soon!!! Remember to posts pics
2.gif

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
1.gif
That''s great! The solitaire is the classic engagement ring so I''m glad you''ve taken a liking to it. I know most ladies grow up with a preconceived notion of what their engagement ring will look like (including me), and when you saw your SO''s choice you were probably a little shocked. Hopefully he will propose soon and we can see some handshots!
1.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Hi Missy! I''m the poster who very recently ran into the same issue (someone linked my original thread above). My quick advice: just wait until it is on your finger after the proposal to say anything. For me, not only did I love the ring a million times more in person than on a printout--that is how I discovered it--but the fact that my amazing fiance actually proposed with it made it extra special. My ring is still not what I would''ve picked out, but it is lovely and sparkly and given with so much love. (Plus, as many PSers have proven, you can always reset it later!)

You are a lucky girl to have someone who loves you and wants to be yours forever. Enjoy that feeling as much as you can.

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/30/2008 7:28:34 PM
Author: kittybean
Hi Missy! I''m the poster who very recently ran into the same issue (someone linked my original thread above). My quick advice: just wait until it is on your finger after the proposal to say anything. For me, not only did I love the ring a million times more in person than on a printout--that is how I discovered it--but the fact that my amazing fiance actually proposed with it made it extra special. My ring is still not what I would''ve picked out, but it is lovely and sparkly and given with so much love. (Plus, as many PSers have proven, you can always reset it later!)

You are a lucky girl to have someone who loves you and wants to be yours forever. Enjoy that feeling as much as you can.
You''re right...it will be so much better when he finally proposes. I tried it on I couldn''t resist, but the more I think about it the more it starts to grow on me even though I can''t see it again until he proposes! Thanks for the advice....I know how lucky I am and I can''t wait for my day!
9.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I think it is beautiful! You will feel different about it when it''s on your hand! It''s sweet that he wants to surprise you!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results