shape
carat
color
clarity

what would you do with a .91ct RB, D, VVS2??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondnut

Brilliant_Rock
You know when you get into that jewelry recycling mood??? When I'm in one of those right now???
3.gif

I have the above stone that's currently set as a solitaire pendant and I'm thinking of doing something else with it. For some reason, a solitaire pendant just doesn't do anything for me and therefore I rarely wear it (I think I've only worn it twice in the 3 years since I've owned it). So I wanted to see if you may have some ideas on how I can better use the stone. Some ideas I'm toying with are:

1. get a matching stone for a pair of stud earrings

2. make it into a RHR. I do LOVE newringgirl70's etoile replica!!!

3. sit tight and do nothing because a solitaire pendant is a classic piece everyone should own and i'll learn to appreciate it one day

or if you have any other ideas, i'd love it hear them! thank you so much!!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, when I saw the title, my first thought was "bezeled pendant!" So I guess that in my case, the answer would be leave it as-is
2.gif

However, it''s obviously not what you want from the stone! I like my studs smaller, but do you like yours in the bigger range? Because .9ct studs would be pretty striking!

Or hey, what about something like the leverback earrings that Nicole Richie wore during the Diane Sawyer interview? (here''s a video--skip ahead to about 4:30)

nicolerichiesleverbacks.jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hard to capture in a screenshot... not sure if these look just like hers, but this is the kinda thing I think of when I see the vid:

erz10239.jpg

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock
My 1st choice would be to make it into a pendant; 2nd choice a RHR

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry, I''m going to plump for the pendant too!
28.gif

You''re right, every girl should have a diamond solitaire pendant. Perhaps you just have to live with it a bit longer to appreciate it? Perhaps its setting is ''wrong''? Or maybe the necklace its on is somehow ''wrong''?
But
Having said that, earrings are always fun!
27.gif

I liked the lever-back suggestion...
You could always put a solitaire back on your list a couple of years from now!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
pendant!!!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I know where you are coming from as I just turned my rarely worn solitaire pendant into a RHR which I now wear a lot. I vote RHR.
9.gif

2danes

Shiny_Rock
How big are your ears? I think that a .91 would be HUGE for an earring, and the D VVS2 would be totally lost up there! It seems like a waste to me.
I''d totally go with a RHR.
I am LOVING everyone''s "cocktail rings"
If it were up to me, I''d do an art deco look, maybe with a saphire halo?

What a fun project to start dreaming up!

All in all, not a terrible problem to have, lol!

Good luck in whatever you choose.

Annie

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Give it to me!
3.gif
9.gif
2.gif

ETA: get a couple of pears and set into a three stone ring (diamond, or rubies, or sapphires or emeralds or tsavs.....etc....)

cheers--Sharon

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2008 11:32:53 AM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

Give it to me!
3.gif
9.gif
2.gif

ETA: get a couple of pears and set into a three stone ring (diamond, or rubies, or sapphires or emeralds or tsavs.....etc....)

cheers--Sharon
Ditto, I feel you on not wanting a pendant, I wouldn''t ever wear one either, just not a three-stone gal!

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
I would definitely have a RHR done. That way you could look at it all day long.......

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Since you don''t wear the pendant now you probably won''t wear it int he future. It seems like a D is overkill for earrings so I vote for a RHR. How about something with colored side stones? Colored pave halo is nice too if you like Leon''s pink pave halos. Have fun!

alicej

Rough_Rock
Pendant!

I have one that I made using my original ER (.31 RB) and my ten year upgrade (1.04 RB). The smaller one sits on top of the other; very simple setting. I''ve been wearing it for years. I considered splitting them up and doing something else with the diamonds and my whole family objected. Why??? I thought.

Because when they look at me, they always see those diamonds. It''s kind of like a trademark or signature; and I can''t think of a better way to be remembered.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i would vote for a RHR - and if it were me i would be jonesing to set it in a ritani halo or three stone!
27.gif

i do love musey''s leverback idea as well!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock

LGK

Ideal_Rock
For that quality of stone, it deserves to be ogled all day by you. RHR!

Otherwise, I''d do dangly earrings of some sort, I really like the leverback idea...

If you''re not wearing it as a pendant, just reset it and don''t feel guilty about not wearing it. I''m not a solitaire pendant type of girl either- if I had one, it''d gather dust in my jewelry box too.

shortee78

Shiny_Rock
I vote RHR!! It''s such a nice stone to be set as earrings IMHO :)

diamondnut

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone for your suggestions. So many wonderful suggestions...if only I had more than one stone to play with
1.gif

i actually already have a pair of studs that are 1.12 ct tw. they were perfect when i bought them in my 20s and i still think they're a very good size. but being in my 30s now (and quickly approaching 40!!), i feel like i can carry something larger should the opportunity present itself. thus i was considering getting a matching stone for a pair of studs. in which case, i would turn the 1.12 ct pair into lever back earrings with a halo.

but after reading some of your opinions about it sort of being a waste to turn a D VVS2 stone into studs, i am taking pause. perhaps i should get a RHR after all. Well, I won't make any impulsive decisions and think about it carefully. I'll keep everyone posted on the fate of the stone.

And of course, if you have any other suggestions, i'm all ears!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results