shape
carat
color
clarity

I need some advice.

Rock of Luv

Rough_Rock
Hi

I''ve been a lurker on here for over a year and now I am incredibly close to getting the ring I want for my precious lady. Like many pricescope has opened my eyes in regards to trying to buy diamonds. At first I thought that the mall stores were simply trying to hustle me, but after talking with them it becomes painfully obvious that most simply have no clue what they are talking about. I really want to give her at least a carat but that is more my own mental hangup than anything she doesn''t care.

My goal for this ring is to give my SO a beautiful and unique ring. Now the dilemma. I am buying a Gelin Abaci tension setting this is the only true constant the setting is about 3k of my total 5-6.5k budget.
The diamonds I am looking at are ideally .75-1 carat round VS1-SI1, D-I ideal cut maybe Hearts and Arrows. The smaller i go on stone size the more I want it to perform.

Conversely what I am really leaning toward is a fancy vivid blue diamond from .61-.8 carats SI1. What scares me here is in the tension set, will a good cut and symmetry look uneven in the tension set. I can''t afford the larger man made stone.
7.gif
but it''s beauty and uniqueness will hopefully blow her away.

Please give me some advice to help me along the path of making a beautiful ering.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm confused... a natural fancy blue is going to cost a LOT more than a colourless of the same size - definitely out of budget, I'm afraid.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
can you post a link to the setting? I think tension settings can work with a variety of shapes...

slg47

Ideal_Rock
also are you looking at a lab created blue diamond? i think some people in the MMD forum could help you out

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
If you are leaning towards a colored stone, have you thought about a sapphire or spinel? Colored e-rings are getting very popular.

Rock of Luv

Rough_Rock
ring

This is what i''ll most likely get it is softer more feminine very simple and classy.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/2/2010 9:34:02 PM
Author: CharmyPoo
If you are leaning towards a colored stone, have you thought about a sapphire or spinel? Colored e-rings are getting very popular.

Q - can you tension-set a sapphire or spinel? Are they strong enough, or whatever the proper term is?

Rock of Luv

Rough_Rock
I do believe the MMD will be my best bet, over other precious stones. Is it odd to spend that much on just a setting and buying a smaller less expensive diamond? I figure over the years she will get much larger fancier diamonds, but this e-ring will always hold that special little place in her heart, I think she''ll like its uniqueness.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I love the setting!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
you could always go with blue fluorescence
37.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results