shape
carat
color
clarity

it feels so real now...finally have a date set!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
i''ve been through so many emotions of wedding planning since getting
engaged in september. i went from wanting to get married in NJ to appease
my parents wishes (where my parents and family live,) to wanting a destination wedding, to simply wanting to just go to the courthouse and just get it over with.

i experienced SERIOUS sticker shock with i first started looking at places months ago and i was turned off by the idea of having any kind of reception altogether. but after thinking about what *i* really wanted and allowing myself to deal with the reality that weddings just happen to cost a lot of money (along with everything these days) i realized that sometimes you just have to figure out a way to buckle down and get it done.

well, we finally put our deposit down at the chart house in redondo beach here in california.
we will have a simple ceremony on the beach and then a reception for
about 70 people right there at the restaraunt
i even got the date i was dreaming of - our anniversary (july 25, 2009)

suddenly, i started feeling the same excitement i felt the days after i got
engaged....i''m so giddy, but at the same time nervous! :)
everything seems real now, if that makes any sense....like its REALLY
happening!

i look forward to sharing my planning adventures from here on.

anyone else share my date next year? anyone else getting married at the
chart house? (traveling gal, i know you were married there - you were
actually a huge help to me months ago - thank you again!)

thanks for letting me share my excitement!
now back to the sticker shock of photographers and djs. ouch!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats on getting the day that you wanted! Enjoy all your planning!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Congrats, now you can do so much more planning! Setting a date really opens things up. I am glad you got a date that is important to you.
36.gif
36.gif

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
I''m really proud of you for following your own instincts and going the route that makes YOU happy. Not all of us have been able to do that! Congratulations!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I know what it feels like to have all that drama right away just trying to set a date and place and want to elope. It sucks! So congrats on finally booking your venue and your date, it''s very exciting.
36.gif

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on setting the date!

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! I feel like booking the date with vendors makes it more and more official. =)

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is the Chart house a really nice seafood resturant? If it is I work for the company and it''s awesome that your getting married there. They push us all REALLY hard to do EVERYTHING for the guests. EX: open doors, lead them to the restroom, pull out chairs, fold their napkins when they go to the bathroom, etc. We have Chart houses here, but I don''t know if its what your talking about. Landry''s INC owns it, along with a TON of other things. Like Saltgrass steakhouse, Vic and Anthonys, the Rainforest cafe, etc. You have nothing to worry about if it''s the place I''m thinking of. They will do everything perfect and your guests will love it! Congrats!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Aw congratulations on setting the date! I hope to one day get married on my anniversary with ff too, so I can relate and am VERY VERY happy for you that you got the date you were dreaming of.
28.gif

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Aww, I''m so jealous and happy for you at the same time! I can''t begin to talk about how much nightmares I''m going through just to book the venue...Congratulations.
36.gif

hthip

Rough_Rock
DMBFiredancer - Congratulations! I''m jealous as well.

Since you''re in the Redondo Beach Area..... Belle Bridal off of PCH is closing their doors, so everything is 50% off. It''s been going on for about a month so I don''t know what sort of selection they might still have. I was able to get flower girl dresses for cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results