shape
carat
color
clarity

help! how about these two stones cut?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

feidudu

Rough_Rock
I have to choose from two ,but I do not know how about their cut of light performance just based on data follows. I do not care color and clarity grade but want a stone which is very brilliance ,sparkles and colorful .The first is J SI1 idea (0)and eye clean and second is f vs1 .Price is almost the same.
I am really appreciate your help~
30.gif

1:
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Table: 57.2%
Crown Angle: 34.0
Crown Height: 14.3%
Girdle: Faceted, 1.1% to 3.5%
Pavilion Angle: 40.8
Pavilion Depth: 43.0%
Star Length: 52%
Lower Girdle Length: 82%
Total Depth: 59.8%
Culet: Pointed
depth is lower than 60% ,and large table ,thin girdle, will they be a problem ?

2:razz:olish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Table: 59.6%
Crown Angle: 33.5
Crown Height: 13.4%
Girdle: Faceted, 1.7% to 3.9%
Pavilion Angle: 40.9
Pavilion Depth: 43.1%
Star Length: 49%
Lower Girdle Length: 79%
Total Depth: 59.8%
Culet: Pointed
I am worried about too large table and small depth which may cause little brilliance and sparkles ?

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Both looks good from the numbers. Table is not large, especially the first stone. Second stone looks like a nice 60/60 from the numbers.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both have potential, make sure the SI is eyeclean to your particular standards and get Idealscope images for each if you can.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know you say you do not care about color and clarity, but have you actually seen an F and a J in person? They are very different looks... to me at least.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto dreamer - those are two very different colours!

And two very different clarities - big jump from SI1 to VS1

And two very different types of stones - can you go look at some 60/60s vs. "tolk" types in person?

suzannea

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hmm- there must be some big size difference in play here- the J/SI1 vs F VS1 is a very big difference price wise.. I have a stone that is close to your second one- I like it it faces up very big and has very nice sparkle. HTH

feidudu

Rough_Rock
Hi ,guys. I can not get the real thing but I go to the local and compare some Fs and Js . they can tell only when they are loose and put together and white paper background . and what is more ,although all of them are idea cut but J is more shinning sometimes I, can not even look into the stone,and color will be ignored .I love this feeling so much ,that is why I post this tip
18.gif

Actually I searched PS and found many pics of J stone .I think J is no problem
36.gif

maybe I should buy both ?god ,that is trouble....
39.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad that you got a chance to look in person, that''s definitely the best way to find out exactly how YOU feel
9.gif

feidudu

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/19/2010 10:30:21 PM
Author: yssie
Glad that you got a chance to look in person, that''s definitely the best way to find out exactly how YOU feel
9.gif
yes, yssie .It is amazing that good cut can hide yellow color .
31.gif
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results