shape
carat
color
clarity

Fee to try on dresses - Have you seen this story?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/story.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10516427

I was pretty shocked. Can you imagine having to shell out $20 for each dress you wanted to try on? I understand that the stores resent browsers but IMHO the wedding industry is already insanely over inflated price-wise.

29.gif

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
Lame! I don''t know if this would fly in SF or LA (or the US in general)...too much competition!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that''s just crazy. And lame...I would never shop for a dress somewhere that would charge me just to try one on!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
If I lived in NZ and that was the norm I would just fly across to OZ for the weekend.

That is ridiculous

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
that is scandalous!

but it sounds like there is a problem with women trying on dresses for fun when they don''t really have a wedding planned. they should start a superstition that if a woman tries on dresses with no wedding planned that she''ll never get married. I bet that would solve the problem.

IrishBreakfast

Shiny_Rock
WOW. I can understand their frustration but this is not the way to handle it. Surely, they will lose business? I, for one, would not set foot in a shop that was going to charge me to try on dresses.
38.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tried on over 100 dresses. I had no clue what I wanted or what looked good on me. I can''t imagine paying $20/dress. That would have eaten up about 20% of my entire wedding budget! Unbelievable. I understand that no one wants time wasters, but people wanting to try on something is just a part of the business for anyone in retail - clothes, jewellery, handbags.

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
Wow. Absolutely ridiculous. I worked in a bridal shop for a couple years, and can''t even remember "school-girls" coming in to try dresses on for fun. I am still in retail, and the thought of charging someone to just try on the merchandise, or to experience excellent custome service is the most ridiculous thing I have heard in a long time. We would lose our customers so fast, it would make your head spin!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/15/2008 6:21:10 AM
Author: noelwr
that is scandalous!

but it sounds like there is a problem with women trying on dresses for fun when they don''t really have a wedding planned. they should start a superstition that if a woman tries on dresses with no wedding planned that she''ll never get married. I bet that would solve the problem.

There is one ;-)

This is all a load of bull. Even if school girls, and brides with "no grooms" are in there, THEY WILL REMEMBER THE SHOP and the customer service when it becomes "THAT TIME".

I would not give a shop like that a single penny.
29.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results