shape
carat
color
clarity

Can''t sleep!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Laurenj915

Shiny_Rock
My wedding is in 9 hours. It is 4 am and I cannot sleep. This sucks, the time is just dragging by and I am going to be so so tired tomorrow. There is no way I can sleep though. I have been laying in bed for 6 hours and I just can''t stand laying there anymore.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Lauren when I can''t sleep I find these little tricks help me especially if I am anxious or excited about something as I am sure you are :).

Imagine a shoreline and as the waves come in breathe in, as the waves go out breathe out after a while you get very drowsy.

The other thing that works is repeating a monosyllabic word in my head till all my energy is focused on repeating that word and eventually sleep comes :).

A cup of chamomile tea is also handy as it will make you drowsy :)

I hope you can get some sleep soon, Have a fantastic time tomorrow :)

Junkenpo

Shiny_Rock
here are my tricks.... count backwards from 1000 by 3s. Sooo... 1000...997...994...991...

I find it distracts me and then my body has a chance to relax and pretty soon..zzzzz...

Or, pay attention to your breathing...slow it down, on your exhalations, hold for 7 seconds before you inhale again...

where are your shoulders? I find when i can''t sleep, i''m sooo tense around the neck and shoulder area, that my shoulders are creeping up by my ears... i have to consciously relax the muscles there..

btw...congrats! and best wishes for tomorrow!

IrishBreakfast

Shiny_Rock
I really hope you are getting a little sleep right now but I can understand it being hard with your wedding just a few hours away! My trick is to ''think black''. I just lie there, relax my body from toes up to my head and then I clear my mind and concentrate on the black inside of my eyelids. I usually know nothing more until the morning.

Wishing you a wonderful wedding day!
1.gif

Laurenj915

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone! I never did sleep but now I have my diet coke and I am just going to push through. :) I have a huge annoying gap between our 1 pm ceremony and our 7 pm reception which is suddenly not so annoying. Nap time!

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Awe, I was thinking about you after my dog woke me up at 5 this morning (the day of my shower/bachelorette party), hoping you were having better luck getting back to sleep than I was! I hope you do get to take a little nap in between, but either way I''m sure you will have a wonderful, beautiful, fabulous day!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
my wedding is tomorrow and i was worried about the whole sleeping thing tonight, one of my friends is coming over with an "herbal" remedy that i know puts me to sleep! thank god for friends who are still in college!

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Awwww, hun, so sorry you couldn''t sleep! Thank goodness for nap time!! I totally expect to have this problem, so my plan is to have a wine and chocolate night with my girls the night before wherever I''m staying. I notoriously get sleepy after a couple glasses of wine, and I also know it takes more like 4 or 5 give me any kind of hangover as long as I have some water before bed. And if that doesn''t work...I''ll add a benadryl.
17.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results