shape
carat
color
clarity

Can I just vent about theknot.com for a second?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock

Everyone keeps telling me to go on there for wedding planning. And being that I’m helping my friend plan her wedding (and secretly getting ideas for my own) I figured, why not.

So yesterday I jumped on the forum to ask a question and came across this post where regular people were talking about the privacy of another. They were all proud of doing “detective” work in finding out whether someone really had a baby or not. They had access to last names and where people work.

Doesn’t anyone else see this as pure madness? This frightened me so much. Can you imagine the kind of damage a person can do just knowing your last name and where you work? And these grown, married women were so proud of themselves for finding out this information. It made me angry LOL.

P.S. A regular of pricescope that many of you know (but I won’t call out cause that’s mean) was also one of those ladies. I recognized her from the pictures she posted on here of her wedding.

I’m so glad I found this board. You all are so helpful, non-judgmental, and most importantly SANE

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s weird and/or slightly creepy. lol.

Yeah, PS is one of those rare forums where people are friendly and sane for the most part. Isn''t that such a shock? People are freaking crazy sometimes!

I do like that website, though!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
It''s strange indeed but then I think about - How would I get hold of Amanda (BlueRoses) who doesn''t post here anymore.
I''d love to hear how her touring job went and what ever ended up with her and her boyfriend. And gosh darnit, just to say hi.

But it seems a little weird to go to all that trouble just to gossip.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock

Don''t get me wrong...it really is helpful. We''ve gotten a ton of ideas for my bf''s wedding. But when I saw that I looked on my profile to make sure I didnt have any identifying information like a first or last name. I was part of another message board during my years in undergrad where everyone shared their info with everyone else. I don''t know what happened...but the next thing I knew, I was getting letters in the mail to be a witness to a harassment case...from people on the internet! I don''t even know how they got my address (thank God it was a dorm address).

I guess I''m just a lot more careful with internet stuff now. I try not to say anything that will make someone feel vindictive towards me or give out personal info.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Yup. The culture at the Knot and the Nest (the Knot's site for newlyweds) is completely different from pricescope. I lurk on the Nest sometimes and find the posters there to be incredily snarky! It's like people jump at the opportunity to make other posters feel stupid. Usually you find that people who post quite innocent, harmless questions are JUMPED all over on the forums - with people leaving snarky replies about how 'clueless; and 'dumb' the poster or the post is.
7.gif
Actually, sometimes one poster would devote an entire topic just to the 'dumbness' of another person's post, or a topic to debate whether the other person is being fake, or to post about how 'pathetic' another poster is...etc. Crazy, eh?

It's hard to believe these are grown, adult, married woman, (some with children) for real.
38.gif
It's like an outlet for them to express their bottled-up snarkiness or something.

Sad.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Oh are you talking about the "fake knotties"

When I read that, I thought you have got to be kidding me with that. This was a local board but I was on the national board and people were making fun of another girl''s engagement photos. I almost cried. Can you imagine posting your engagement photos that you are so excited about and then having a group of strangers pick them apart. I would be devestated to be quite honest.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/13/2008 9:40:57 AM
Author: fieryred33143
Oh are you talking about the ''fake knotties''

When I read that, I thought you have got to be kidding me with that. This was a local board but I was on the national board and people were making fun of another girl''s engagement photos. I almost cried. Can you imagine posting your engagement photos that you are so excited about and then having a group of strangers pick them apart. I would be devestated to be quite honest.

Wow, people actually do that? What could possibly happen during a proposal that would call for making fun of another person? I''ve seen some stuff on here that I''ve thought was ridiculous -- but you have to be supportive of one another, or the trust breaks down, and then no one wants to be honest. I swear I am so much more honest on this board than I am with any of my friends. I know you guys are going through the same things, and wouldnt judge me for it!

Personally, if someone did that to me, I''d just feel bad for THEM. I mean.. how unhappy are you with your life that you actually want to make someone else feel bad on one of the happiest days of their life? So, so sad.

This_Is_Amore

Rough_Rock
It''s ridiculous! I have seen more demeaning & derogatory material on that site than I have anything resembling supportive messages. I only swing by there to browse the wedding ****, but I''ve actually started preferring Wedding Bee for that. Although frankly those ladies make me tired just reading about their craft activities!

My local city''s board on the Knot used to be really active, but the administrators kicked a bunch of girls off for posting bad reviews of a vendor who pays to be advertised on the site. They started their own wedding website for my city, and has grown into a really awesome community! If anyone is in Kansas City let me know, and I''ll give you the site name.

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
I like the knot to get ideas, pictures, etc. But as far as the community goes it''s low class, harsh, and foul. I prefer talking with people at the weddingchannel.com. Second to ps, of course
2.gif

chizzy1982

Shiny_Rock
So I had never been on the aforementioned website until today ( though I might have a nose about!) - couldn''t beleive what I was reading - they actually have a board called "snarky brides" - my goodness! Now I''m by no means a prude but some of the language they were using and topics they were discussing were just awful and very x-rated! Nope definatley a PC gal!

Mediterranean

Brilliant_Rock
what an....um....."charming" group of eh....er..."ladies"

Their guys are so very, ah...... lucky
20.gif

chocolatefudge

Shiny_Rock
Hmmm have never heard of The Knot here in England, think I will pop across to see what''s going on!

chocolatefudge

Shiny_Rock
OMG!!! Am soooooooo annoyed with that site already and only read one post! They had posted a picture of a bride with the LOWEST cut dress you have everv seen and her boobs were basically fully on show (and were very large!) The women replying to the thread were saying, "She must be British." And others were saying, "Yes definitely a Brit."

GRRRRRRRR!!! i really felt like signing up just to put them straight!!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
HAHA Chocolate...I''m sorry we subjected you to that horrible site LOL

It really is great for ideas (I got some bridesmaid hair ideas from there because I"m a MOH). But for everything else, its awful.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry -- is there some weird British Bride stereotype that I don''t know about? lol. I had no idea you ladies liked to show it off like that!
20.gif

chocolatefudge

Shiny_Rock
I didn''t know we did either!! I thought we were all very classy and chic, we do live in the nation of the Queen you know
36.gif

chocolatefudge

Shiny_Rock
That was supposed to be a laughing icon at the end, not a clapping one!!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha. lol.

I thought maybe you were just clapping for the queen.
emwink.gif

chocolatefudge

Shiny_Rock
Woohoo!! Go Queenie!! Ha ha ha!!

(Message posted by a topless Chocolatefudge)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh boy...

:::laughing hysterically at topless clapping chocolatefudge:::

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Yay for the queen!
36.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Take it easy, Chocolate! You get any rowdier and we''ll have to send you over to TheKnot!
emsmileo.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
LMAO! Go Queenie! Go Queenie!

Honestly... I really don''t care. I am pretty safe about keeping most of my real information offline. I wouldn''t give those women the time of day though, as far as anything else goes. I don''t care! ... lol yeap/

heather318

Shiny_Rock
I couldn''t agree more with everything everyone has written.. The only board that I have found that is super helpful and where the girls are actually nice and helpful is my local board. Stay away from the Planning & Etiquette board! That is where the mean ones love to hangout! It''s usually really bitchy ones still engaged or ones that have been married for a while already. They also like to go to the boards for the weddings that are about a year or more away and bash the girls on there.. I''ve had to block a few of them because I can''t stand seeing their harassing posts. I just don''t get how some people can be that rude!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results