shape
carat
color
clarity

Cruise wedding/married on Key West

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
Hello everyone...
I am currently planning an april 09 wedding.... I have decided that a cruise would be the best option for a destination wedding because there are a few guests that will be joining us- and it is quite cost efficient! I do not want to get married on the ship itself. i really want to get married in the beach when we port in Key West.

Has anyone out there done this??? I would like to know how the day went. was it smooth sailing (no pun intended). and did you go through a company on key west- or through the cruise line??
i had heard somewhere that if the winds are bad or the weather is bad- they might not port there and there goes my wedding!!!!

if anyone has adivce i would love to hear it. i am so stressed already i am about to run off to the court house!!!!!!!

ashbeth609

Rough_Rock
Hi there!

I am planning an October 11 wedding on Royal Caribbean''s Grandeur of the Seas. 4 months to go!

Although I LOVE Pricescope, not many people here have destination weddings, especially on a cruise. www.cruisecritic.com has been great. The boards are starting to slow down but I bet you will find some great info out there!

Good luck and happy planning!

Ash

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
Ash,
Are you getting married on the ship or off???? i have been on the cruisecritic site but i am getting frustrated!

ashbeth609

Rough_Rock
I am getting married on the ship. We decided to do that because we are cruising in hurricane season (the tail end of it) and did not want to risk being re-routed and unable to get married! But if you really don''t want it on the ship, I suggest you go with a company other then the ships.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I live in South Florida...Miami to be exact.

I can tell you that we have a number of showers during April so the weather may be an issue. Are you planning on having your wedding on the cruise or somewhere on the Keys?

Generally, cruises will dock and give you the choice of having a beach wedding with an indoor reception or an indoor ceremony/reception (my best friend was looking into this). I would go with the indoor ceremony/reception. The weather is beyond beautiful in April but it does rain a lot.

ETA: If you decide to take the cruise to the Keys and do a wedding there (outside of the cruise with a separate company) let me know. We have contacted a number of vendors for my best friend's wedding. She made the decision to go with Isla Morada which is about an hour or so away from Key West (still part of the Keys).

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
we are getting married on key west.... that is where the ship ports. i also have been there before and loved it! i am worried about the weather though.. initially, we wanted to get married at a sandals resort (just the 2 of us) but all these people wanted to go.. so that is how we decided on the cruise. it is way less expensive!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results