shape
carat
color
clarity

What is your DREAM RING?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/12/2008 1:18:14 PM
Author: fieryred33143
You know...I have no desire for a ring greater than 1 carat. I always joke around that I would love to get a huge diamond
2.gif
but after trying some on for fun, I felt embarrassed. LOL I don''t know why...I secretly told myself ''get over yourself with this huge diamond''

Now I love seeing girls with their bling the size of a doorknob but I think a petite 1 carat or less will be all the diamond I need

Besides, I think before I would ever accept a $20K ring from someone, I would rather they get me my true baby...
LOL, I did exactly the opposite! I thought I wouldn''t want a big diamond, then I tried on a 2 carat stone and was like "oh, I could SO rock this."

9.gif

Granted, I will obviously love the stone I get, no matter what size it is!

This_Is_Amore

Rough_Rock
My dream ring would be Miss Rocks'' stunning sapphire! I could look at those photos all day!

Until it''s upgrade time, the oval sapphire with a diamond halo hanging out in BF''s closet would do
9.gif

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
You know...I have no desire for a ring greater than 1 carat. I always joke around that I would love to get a huge diamond
2.gif
but after trying some on for fun, I felt embarrassed. LOL I don''t know why...I secretly told myself ''get over yourself with this huge diamond''

Now I love seeing girls with their bling the size of a doorknob but I think a petite 1 carat or less will be all the diamond I need

Besides, I think before I would ever accept a $20K ring from someone, I would rather they get me my true baby...
Haha I love the Lexus SC430 too but...it''s a bit more than $20k :)

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Well, my dream ring was the Tiffany Novo but my boyfriend didn't care too much for this setting. Now after a grand trip to Tiffany's, I've swayed towards 2 others (which are to die for!) that he pointed out and we looked at. (they both look so good on me!)
31.gif
So now it is between the 2 rings that my boyfriend happens to love for me, therefore they are both my dream rings because my dream ring is what HE pictures on my hand! Now thats a dream!
30.gif
But if he ends up getting me another setting, a Tiffany ring is still my dream!

So here they are......
Top: Tiffany Setting
Bottom: Tiffany Round Brilliant with Tapered Baguettes

twoTiffanyrings.jpg

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/12/2008 3:51:17 PM
Author: Anna0499

2.gif

HAHA I saw that on the website...wonder if I can convert the price of the diamond to a downpayment for the car..."but salesperson, its a VVS1..."
32.gif

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/12/2008 4:15:40 PM

Date: 6/12/2008 3:51:17 PM
Author: Anna0499

2.gif

HAHA I saw that on the website...wonder if I can convert the price of the diamond to a downpayment for the car...''but salesperson, its a VVS1...''
32.gif
Ahhh...the sacrifices we must make!
1.gif
I would think a 2-3ct. rock would make a VERY NICE down payment, especially if the salesperson is a woman haha

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
2.gif

Is this the new Lexus SC? Niiiiiiice!!!!!!!! You won''t be able to see yourself "shining" in it but we will as you drive by! On the other hand, if it was on your finger than......BLING ON!

(To be honest with you....I''m also a car person myself so I can totally understand where you''re coming from!
31.gif
Car? Diamond? Car? Diamond? I say get BOTH!)

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2008 3:52:31 PM
Author: didiamond

2.gif

Is this the new Lexus SC? Niiiiiiice!!!!!!!! You won''t be able to see yourself ''shining'' in it but we will as you drive by! On the other hand, if it was on your finger than......BLING ON!

(To be honest with you....I''m also a car person myself so I can totally understand where you''re coming from!
31.gif
Car? Diamond? Car? Diamond? I say get BOTH!)
I think it is. It''s a beauty.

Funny thing you mention this because last night I saw a commercial and jokingly said "do you think they have that in my ring size?"
31.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/4/2008 12:06:04 PM
Author: absolut_blonde
1.2 - 1.5 ct round brilliant set in a pave band.

I''m not sure I could go above 1.5 ct without feeilng really conspicuous. 1.5 ct is very, very large for where I live. I''d rather put any additional money towards our numerous other expenses, truly.

Then again, I haven''t tried on any 2 ct + rings so maybe I''d feel differently if I had!

What she said, but in a simple solitaire
30.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I just discovered mine today! It is Trillion cut diamond, about 1-1.25 carats in a split shank criss-cross setting with .50ct pave stones by Jared. I refuse to post a picture, because the picture on the site is AWFUL and makes me wonder how they even sell ANY of their settings. It is incredibly delicate and beautiful! It is actually 2 autonomous bands that flow into one, and one is raised higher than the other near the center diamond. It is so unique and wonderful, and would look FABULOUS with an eternity band! My explanation can''t do it justice
7.gif
I am hoping this doesn''t have to be a "dream ring" because it is totally in the budget!!!
36.gif

If anyone has seen anything that sounds like what I am describing, PLEASE let me know! I am dying for a picture!
39.gif

dreaming of the day

Shiny_Rock

Well my original dream ring was the Tiffany Novo, and I thought it was a reasonable reality as well, until I became a PS Junkie. I realized I could get so much more for so much less! My new dream e-ring became a cushion cut with a micro pave platinum 3/4 setting with .1 diamonds with dainty milgrain rougly 1.8mm to 2.0mm in diameter and a prong or claw setting. Very dainty and very sparkly. However I went to Birks and tried on their amorique solitaire e-ring and paired with a channel set w band it was beautiful. I am so unsure now and I thought I really knew what I wanted. The FF already knows my pick (as I have been to a jeweller to have it sketched) and I am kinda second guessing it now. I am not a fan of a Halo setting (sorry everyone I know how much you all love them!) and I want something classic and timeless which I am afraid the micro pave will not be. Plus I really want the center stone to look big - as we are only going to have it be between 1.1-1.5 carats and I am afraid the little diamonds around the band will make the center stone look smaller. I always felt a single solitaire was too plain for me, and I didn''t really like them. I am a sentimental person and I do not want to change my ering, the ring my FF proposes with I want to be on my finger forever - or least until our 25th wedding anniversary. I guess I am also afraid that I am small now, I am only 24 and about 5"3 115lbs with finger size of 4.5, and that after I have children I will become less petite and it won''t look the same on my finger anymore!

I guess what I am really looking for is some opinions from my fellow LIW (sorry about the long post!) I have attached two photos for reference.

The first one is from a fellow PS''er but imagine it in platinum not rose gold and with a cushion not radiant. I have to post the second one (Birks) right after cause it won''tlet me put both on this one.

mk999.jpg

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
Dreaming I LOVE the rose gold!!

My dream ring...See my avatar

<-----------------
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
FI DID A FANTASTIC JOB!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Dreaming of Day: I've never been a fan of a plain band... but I LOVE this. I think it looks very elegant.

Here is my dream ring...

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/2/2008 4:10:27 PM
Author: meresal

Here is my dream ring...

ring070208.jpg

dreaming of the day

Shiny_Rock
Meresal that ring is gorgeous! How many carats are you wishing for? How many carats may be the reality? Either way it is beautiful!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2008 11:48:15 AM
Author: dreaming of the day
Meresal that ring is gorgeous! How many carats are you wishing for? How many carats may be the reality? Either way it is beautiful!
Thank you!! C told me that it is an EC just under 2 cts.

dreaming of the day

Shiny_Rock
Whoo hoo Meresal! I am hoping for 1.5 carats but it will prob be around 1.25, now 2 carats thats a dream come true!!!

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
i want this rock in my ring...i don''t think it uploaded though...i can''t seem to get it to work.
7.gif

LoadImage1234.jpg

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/3/2008 6:42:51 PM
Author: ILoveSpinel
i want this rock in my ring...i don''t think it uploaded though...i can''t seem to get it to work.
7.gif
ok it did work, i want that rock in this ring...

pinkdiamond955361.jpg

lovinsparkles

Shiny_Rock
Oh, that pink one is nice! Maybe I will have to consider colored stones...

My current dream ring is the Temple St. Clair Coco e-ring. So simple yet elegant. Love it.

dreamtscring.jpg

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2008 5:42:34 PM
Author: dreaming of the day
Whoo hoo Meresal! I am hoping for 1.5 carats but it will prob be around 1.25, now 2 carats thats a dream come true!!!
Thank you. I'm so excited, and I'm trying so hard not to think about it. I would honestly be happy with a paperclip wound into a circle. I would marry this man in a heart beat!! 1.5 that's going to be awesome. Did you all pick out the setting or the design together, or will it all be a surprise?

dreaming of the day

Shiny_Rock
Well we sort of started everything together, I went to the jeweller to design the one with the pave band and we actually picked out a diamond, but then FF gave his notice at work and the whole thing kind of flopped. With our economy starting to take a real down turn he thought it wasn't worth the struggle cause we were not even planning to get engaged until the end of the year. I tell you I cried so hard when we let it all go, it was the biggest dissapointment I have felt. Even though he didn't propose it felt like he did and then took it back. Once I cleared my head of the dissapointment and rationalized the situation I realized it really was the best thing. Then he said he wasn't comfortable with me having anything to do with it any longer - he wanted it to be a surprise and that was the end of it. The original diamond was a one carat and I said since we were waiting, there was a longer time to save money, so it could be bigger...He agreed with me, and said if I leave it up to him it will be better than I could expect!

He really is a gem, a very rare and precious gem!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2008 6:46:05 PM

Date: 7/3/2008 6:42:51 PM
7.gif

ok it did work, i want that rock in this ring...
Your dream setting looks a lot like mine! Mine has pave on both bands and I want a white diamond trillion center stone. The setting looks incredible on, and I LOVE the uniqueness! SO doesn''t like it, but he doesn''t have to wear it! lol

Also, who ever owns that rose gold and champagne ring, that is TOO DIE FOR! I didn''t even KNOW that I like that, but I am totally taken with it, can''t stop staring!!!
30.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, so many beautiful settings! I can''t decide on any (fortunately, or unfortunately? I have PLENTY of time to think about it!
1.gif
). But I love the Mark Morrell Sunburst. But without the tapering shank. I keep trying to describe this to non-PS friends as "I''d love for MM to do a Sunburst head, more delicate prongs and prong tips, and a Flame/knife edge shank!!!" and I''m usually greeted with "What? I only understood the word ''prongs'' in that statement!"
2.gif
2.gif

lala2332

Brilliant_Rock
I think my dream ring would be a 2ct asscher in a split claw prong setting, but I have no idea about anything else....I think that is why BF is so annoyed that I keep sending him photos...going "Oh, Oh, look at this one!"
I guess whatever my E-ring is will probably be my dream ring. (no pressure or anything..haha)

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2008 11:31:20 AM
Author: lala2332
I think my dream ring would be a 2ct asscher in a split claw prong setting, but I have no idea about anything else....I think that is why BF is so annoyed that I keep sending him photos...going 'Oh, Oh, look at this one!'

I guess whatever my E-ring is will probably be my dream ring. (no pressure or anything..haha)

I think my bf is getting annoyed at all the PS threads I keep sending him at work!
3.gif

I do love this as well, although I would want a simple band, no pave.

http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=229

(see avatar)

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Or maybe I do like the pave. Clearly I have problems making decisions...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results