shape
carat
color
clarity

Our letterpress invitations are in!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
We received our set of invitations last week and I really love them! They are the same general style/format as our save-the-dates, which we got lots of compliments on earlier this year. We ordered these from Dauphine Press in CA, and I just love letterpress. I mean, love it.

Anyhow, these pics are a little fuzzy, and forgive my "airbrushing" hehe

InvitePS.JPG

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s another shot of the invite. The letterpress is on Crane pearl white paper, and the ink is cardinal red. The paper is like velvet and I love running my fingers along the letterpress.

Invite2PS.JPG

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a shot of the entire suite (invitation, reply card, accommodations/website card)

SuitePS.JPG

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
And I can''t resist - here''s a pic of us from this past weekend
28.gif

CoCoSalaPS.JPG

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
I love them. Letterpress has such an elegant effect! You must be getting so excited to send them out. I know for me, it felt more "real" to send them out!

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/11/2008 10:45:41 AM
Author: sap483
I love them. Letterpress has such an elegant effect! You must be getting so excited to send them out. I know for me, it felt more ''real'' to send them out!
Thanks! I agree - I think they are artistic and elegant! Now to find a calligrapher ...

v!v!

Shiny_Rock
oh wow, your letterpress invitations are beautiful!
1.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love letterpressing....so elegant and classic.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
They look amazing! I wanted invitations from that company too, but they wouldn''t do fewer than 50 or 75 and I only needed 25...so I am totally envious! Gorgeous, just perfect!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!
36.gif
36.gif
Love the pic, too. You two are so cute.
1.gif

cara

Ideal_Rock
They are so lovely! Makes me lust after letterpress all over again...

kellybelly

Shiny_Rock
krissie, your invites are lovely! did you price letterpress at different vendors? i really love the look and feel, but not so much the prices. my stationery budget is around $700-$800, but most letterpress runs about double that amount (for 100 invites with RSVP card and reception card). any suggestions or things that you saw in your search? or even something semi-letterpress, where the pre printed stock is letterpressed, but the custom printed portion is thermography. i found one by Crane & Co. that i really like but just cant settle on it without doing a more exhaustive search for letterpress.

thanks!
kelly

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are just perfect!! I adore them! YAY!

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/11/2008 10:26:28 PM
Author: kellybelly
krissie, your invites are lovely! did you price letterpress at different vendors? i really love the look and feel, but not so much the prices. my stationery budget is around $700-$800, but most letterpress runs about double that amount (for 100 invites with RSVP card and reception card). any suggestions or things that you saw in your search? or even something semi-letterpress, where the pre printed stock is letterpressed, but the custom printed portion is thermography. i found one by Crane & Co. that i really like but just cant settle on it without doing a more exhaustive search for letterpress.

thanks!
kelly
Thanks to everyone! Kelly, I did look at a few letterpress companies but you''re right, they''re pretty expensive. This was one of my biggest splurges on the wedding. I ordered 140, and I believe it ended up being around $1800 with shipping and everything. However, Dauphine included 20 extra - they always try to include at least 10 extra so we were really pleased.

Actually, Crane''s were among the cheapest that I looked at - they have some ranges at the Paper Source. There is also apparently a letterpress company out of Illinois that is family-owned and people have had good experiences with them as well, and they are supposedly affordable. It seems like most of the mega-stationery outlets (Jean M, Crane''s, Paper Source, Wedding Paper Divas) have letterpress now. Hope this helps!!

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
Also, there were a few things that I did to keep the costs down (relatively speaking!) - I had just one ink color, whereas our design typically uses two; I included the reception information on the invitation rather than a separate card; and I just included a small insert with our wedding website on it, rather than a larger insert for maps, directions, accommodations, etc.

cara

Ideal_Rock
kellybelly-

here''s a plug for my letterpress vendor, if you are in the market for budget letterpress: wildflower letterpress

The don''t have a lot of examples on their website, but they will send you samples, do lovely work, and are cheap! His initial quote for 100 4-piece invites was under your budget. I ended up getting 125 sets of 6 pieces on scrumptious Crane paper for $1000 (2-color invites, the rest one color), though I did my own layout in illustrator and send him pdfs of the files. Otherwise, he will do custom layout for you.

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/12/2008 1:37:38 PM
Author: cara
kellybelly-

here''s a plug for my letterpress vendor, if you are in the market for budget letterpress: wildflower letterpress

The don''t have a lot of examples on their website, but they will send you samples, do lovely work, and are cheap! His initial quote for 100 4-piece invites was under your budget. I ended up getting 125 sets of 6 pieces on scrumptious Crane paper for $1000 (2-color invites, the rest one color), though I did my own layout in illustrator and send him pdfs of the files. Otherwise, he will do custom layout for you.
Yes! Kellybelly, that is the family company in Illinois I was thinking of.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results