shape
carat
color
clarity

what are the "must have items" when you was in high school?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
what was the "HOT" brand of jeans ? sneakers ? clothes? etc....

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
HS. A VW Jetta was the hottest thing to have in my highschool. I don''t remember anything else. LOL. I try to block HS out as much as possible.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
A cellphone! Only the rich kids had them.

In middle school I remember the big thing was Nike Airs and Starter Jackets with your favorite team. Mine was the Charlotte Hornets, only because I liked the colors. lol

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Definitely saddle shoes- in blue and white! I bucked the trend and got a lot of teasing as a result; not a problem. Jeans were worn only for mucking out a barn, if you had one.
9.gif

Must have guys were those who had cute little sports cars, or were jocks . Had a bad crush on one guy: drop-dead gorgeous, friendly, wealthy family, but not geared to academics.
20.gif
Went out with his younger brother a couple of times on the off-chance that I might see older brother.
30.gif

Those were not the best years of my life, but still have many good memories.
9.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tiffany silver charm bracelet.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Guess Jeans
Izod polo shirts
RL Polo shirts
Fair Isle sweaters

Pretty much anything preppy.
20.gif

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
what are the must have items when you was in high school?

cheerleaders. definitely cheerleaders.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Doc Martens (why? I have no idea.) and Abercrombie anything. That was as high fashion as we got.

I remember thinking I was hot stuff because I wore clothing from Express... the nearest store was about 45 minutes away. That's dedication to fashion.

3.gif

I went back home recently and everyone's carrying Coach and LV, and wearing true religions and sevens... too weird. Oh, and hometown has its very own Express store now.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ralph Lauren (specifically polos)
Guess Jeans and Shorts
Express
gifts from Bath and Body Works
bran muffins and bagels
slice of pizza during lunch
Ralph Lauren leather hiking boots
leather jacket and letter jacket
the Limited
Benetton
Liz Claiborne perfume or CKOne
Ribbons for your ponytail

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I alternated between preppy and a bit more racy.

Dittos sailor jeans and lace ups

Polo

Crew neck pastel sweaters

pink and green together (I had pink loafers with green trim)

Jordache jeans

Lacoste shirts

Tretorn sneakers

Gucci loafers

Tapestry Dior speedy shaped bag

Satin baseball jackets

espadrilles

peasant blouses

tube tops

Dolphin shorts

kork ease wedges

Bonnie Bell lip smackers and roll on lip gloss in Strawberry by Maybelline

Skipper blue eyeliner by Elizabeth Arden

Blue roses lipgloss by Stagelights and Cherries in the Snow lipstick by Revlon

Love's Baby Soft and Lemon perfume, Jungle Gardenia perfume

I wore my hair in Farrah wings OR french braids.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/10/2008 9:42:15 PM
Author: diamondfan
Love''s Baby Soft and Lemon perfume, Jungle Gardenia perfume
DF. if you''re trying to find out how old we all are, why not just ask outright?
2.gif

Funny you should bring this up, because a co-worker and I were talking just this afternoon about how we used to wear Love perfume (pre-baby soft for me!) in high school.

Beside that:

Jordache and Levis jeans
Candies and earth shoes
mini skirts or granny dresses

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
DF,
You start these threads asking us all these questions. My question to YOU, is what was cool when YOU were in HS?
1.gif

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I grew up in a really rural area and our high school was very far away (my bus ride was over an hour long). Anyway, we rural kids considered the kids from town to be rich, which is sort of funny now. The rich kids wore Doc Martens and carried Dooney & Burke purses. Oh, and Guess jeans, those were popular. Being in the midwest, I think we were WAY behind the times, becuase I seem to remember a lot of big bangs and I graduated from high school in ''99, haha.

Oo, and I just remembered...there were LOTS of women with dark lipliner and lighter lipstick...I think that was a nod to Beverly Hills 90210

I was never into anything fashionalbe (some things never change)--I thought my marching band uniform was cool.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmmmm I don''t recall as I never paid any attention to it.
I always wore blue jeans and black or blue t-shirts same thing I wear today.
In the winter I wore a camo coat, then a black jean jacket, I still wear both every once in a while these days.
The camo coat is pretty much a rag but the black coat is still in good shape.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
wow, I must be a lot older than the rest of you guys - we couldn''t even wear jeans to school! It was only in my junior year were we allowed to wear pants, with our behinds covered by a long top. And it had to be matching!! Our dress hems had to be no shorter than 3 inches above our knees. Many of the girls made their own clothing, it was hard to find fashionable things that fell into the school dress code. So the halls were awash in double knit pantsuits. GAG. This was a public school just outside Houston. We did wear pants and jeans to school games and such. And we really enjoyed that freedom, ha ha!

I do remember high waisted pants, nylon "Nik Nik" shirts, cork wedge sandals, long straight hair, chunky heel shoes, wide flare legs pants, peasant blouses.

Do I dare say I graduated high school in 1973 !!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/10/2008 7:03:00 PM
Author: luckystar112
A cellphone! Only the rich kids had them.

In middle school I remember the big thing was Nike Airs and Starter Jackets with your favorite team. Mine was the Charlotte Hornets, only because I liked the colors. lol
WOW!! you''re so young
9.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I graduated in '98. The COOL thing to have was a great truck. (yes, another midwesterner!) Vehicles were such a big deal, our prom premiere was actually outside! We drove down the hill around the school so everyone could admire the beauties. Then, we had valets that helped us out and drove our vehicles off to "oohs" and "aahs". BUT, none of them were less than 5 years old. Most of them were jacked up with big mud tires! In this neck of the woods, mom and dad NEVER buy you a car.

Vaguely remember the dark lipliner/light lipstick thing. Lots of flannel, jeans and boots. We didn't even have a "popular" group. With only a hundred kids in the school, you're all friends.

ETA- I just remembered the other "thing" at my high school. Our Science teacher (yes, we had ONE. He taught everything from Earth Science to Anatomy to Physics) had loads of VHS tapes. It was the job of all to confiscate the tapes and rerecord stuff. Sometimes it was really INAPPROPRIATE, if you know what I mean. But, we were also good for music videos. There is one that is still lasting at the school (I know because my sis just graduated) It's a video of "Call Me Al". We watched it everyday at lunch time. People frequented the halls singing, "Na na na na. Na nana na na na. Na na na na."

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kennington polyester shirts
big bell bottom pants
Famolare's get there shoes
must have big mac wheels on your car

Date: 6/10/2008 9:58:45 PM
Author: Kaleigh
DF,
You start these threads asking us all these questions. My question to YOU, is what was cool when YOU were in HS?
1.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hm...I don''t remember much, but what I do remember...

giant silver hoop earrings
LA Gear shoes (not sure if it was a must have, but I remember the lame commercials)
Black suede slouchy boots
Frosty lipsticks
Guess Jeans

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK OK, I am the old battle ax of the group.

Madras shirts for the guys.
Peg legs pants for the guys.
Saddle shoes in brown and white.
Anything for the guys that made them look like the Beach Boys.

For the Girls.

Saddle Shoes in brown and White.
Ratting your hair ten feet high then spraying it.
Button down sweaters and matching skirts
Jumpers
Funky looking nylons, but I can''t remember the name of them
A-line dresses
Jr. year we wore pea coats, everyone had to have one
Mohair sweaters

Yes, I graduated in 1967. The 60''s were an uneasy time. Lost many classmates to drugs and Vietnam.

Linda

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
our HS cars....both Chevy Camaros..... the 1975 red one is mine.....the 1969 yellow one belongs to my GF.

cars12.jpg

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know if there were any MUST HAVE''s when I went to school, we all wore a uniform so you couldn''t get dressed up during the week and on the weekends it was fairly cool to get your clothes from City Beach, stuff like billabong, roxy etc.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/10/2008 9:53:32 PM
Author: MINIMS

DF. if you''re trying to find out how old we all are, why not just ask outright?
2.gif

Funny you should bring this up, because a co-worker and I were talking just this afternoon about how we used to wear Love perfume (pre-baby soft for me!) in high school.

Beside that:

Jordache and Levis jeans

Candies and earth shoes

I also wore Candies mules and Roots earthshoes, and I had my share of micro mini''s. When I went to the Roxy and The Troubador and The Rainbow I wore North Beach Leather strapless leather mini'' dresses and stilettos, or their mini skirts and bustiers. Sometimes I even wore fishnets. A couple of girls and I used to go and hang out in the early 80''s, when Ratt and Motley Crue and Great White were starting out. I used a ton of spray to get that big hair on a girl in a rock video look, and lots of black eyeliner, frosty pink lipstick or red lipstick. I wore earrings that looked like feathers made out of metal or huge hoops. It was a kind of trashy look but still we thought it looked great! Met a couple of rock stars that way!
31.gif
3.gif
2.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

2.gif

Beside that:

Jordache and Levis jeans
Candies and earth shoes
early 80''s ?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/11/2008 12:01:48 AM
Author: Linda W

Yes, I graduated in 1967. The 60''s were an uneasy time. Lost many classmates to drugs and Vietnam.

Linda
Linda
are you a Beatles fan?

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/10/2008 11:38:37 PM
Author: somethingshiny
I graduated in ''98. The COOL thing to have was a great truck. (yes, another midwesterner!) Vehicles were such a big deal, our prom premiere was actually outside! We drove down the hill around the school so everyone could admire the beauties. Then, we had valets that helped us out and drove our vehicles off to ''oohs'' and ''aahs''. BUT, none of them were less than 5 years old. Most of them were jacked up with big mud tires! In this neck of the woods, mom and dad NEVER buy you a car.

Vaguely remember the dark lipliner/light lipstick thing. Lots of flannel, jeans and boots. We didn''t even have a ''popular'' group. With only a hundred kids in the school, you''re all friends.

ETA- I just remembered the other ''thing'' at my high school. Our Science teacher (yes, we had ONE. He taught everything from Earth Science to Anatomy to Physics) had loads of VHS tapes. It was the job of all to confiscate the tapes and rerecord stuff. Sometimes it was really INAPPROPRIATE, if you know what I mean. But, we were also good for music videos. There is one that is still lasting at the school (I know because my sis just graduated) It''s a video of ''Call Me Al''. We watched it everyday at lunch time. People frequented the halls singing, ''Na na na na. Na nana na na na. Na na na na.''
I''m gonna guess........................94?

I miss the 90''s SO freaking much. lol. I''ve been watching nick at nite everynight before bed. I love me some Fresh Prince of Bellaire, Home Improvement, and Roseanne. hehehe
If only they''d start airing blossom. WHOA!

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Outback Red shirts
Guess Jeans
Drakkar Cologne (or Polo)
JAMS
Spudz McKenzie
Stirrup Pants
Liz Claiborne purses (we didn't use the word "handbag")
Zima

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG LA Jennifer!!!

Stirrup pants!!!! Gauchos and skorts anyone? AND who can forget...

dressing like MADONNA or an escapee from FLASHDANCE (I cut the necks and ripped the sleeves off a few sweatshirts back in the day, and wore leg warmers with boots and tights for no good reason!)

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2008 12:29:19 AM

Love's Baby Soft and Lemon perfume, Jungle Gardenia perfume

DF. if you're trying to find out how old we all are, why not just ask outright?
2.gif

Beside that:

Jordache and Levis jeans

Candies and earth shoes

I also wore Candies mules and Roots earthshoes, and I had my share of micro mini's. When I went to the Roxy and The Troubador and The Rainbow I wore North Beach Leather strapless leather mini' dresses and stilettos, or their mini skirts and bustiers. Sometimes I even wore fishnets. A couple of girls and I used to go and hang out in the early 80's, when Ratt and Motley Crue and Great White were starting out. I used a ton of spray to get that big hair on a girl in a rock video look, and lots of black eyeliner, frosty pink lipstick or red lipstick. I wore earrings that looked like feathers made out of metal or huge hoops. It was a kind of trashy look but still we thought it looked great! Met a couple of rock stars that way!
31.gif
3.gif
2.gif
My gosh - I wore that stuff when I was in junior high! I have the Olan Mills pictures to prove it (black leather mini and white bustier). I was 14. I can't believe my parents let me out of the house like that.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2008 12:04:50 AM
Author: Dancing Fire
our HS cars....both Chevy Camaros..... the 1975 red one is mine.....the 1969 yellow one belongs to my GF.
You were so cute!!! Love the hair (and the car)!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results