shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling Deelite and Honey22 and other Aussie PSers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Diamond Joe Quimby

Rough_Rock
Hi guys, I know there are a few Aussie PSers on here and I just wanted to ask a few questions.

First of all, thankyou so much to the entire PS community for infomraiton received so far.....I have learned so much from wading through posts and searching the forum that I can''t believe it!! And also I have received some great advise and comments to specific questions......

After much searching high and low I contacted Whiteflash and have been dealing with Katie who has been terrific so far - she has helped with diamond selections and I think we have it narrowed down to a couple of stones (2-3) which we can compare and find the best one to suit my needs. I''ve also pretty much picked by setting (sleek lines solitaire).

My questions today relate pretty much directly to the Australian forum members and their dealings with receiving items from FedEx/customs etc.

I have pretty much worked out the customs charges and tax from a thread that Deelight kindly posted on another thread - but was more interested in the PROCESS and time constraints (like, was it held up in customs for very long etc....?

My dealings with WF have pretty much ironed out any other question I have had (although I will post my final diamond detials on here to get advice), but just wanted some comments (reassurance) from other aussies that have had stuff delievered over recent months!

Any comments welcome!

Thanks!

Diamond Joe Quimby

Rough_Rock
Deelight, sorry I spelled your name wrong in the title of my previous post!!

Friday afternoon you see - long week!
26.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
HI DJQ, :)
I can't comment on the delivery through customs and such as I am not having my ring delivered but I know that honey22 and AJ have both had rings shipped out not to long ago (both of which are beautiful) they will most likely be able to give you more of a first hand experience :).

I can't wait to see shots of this new beauty your FF will be one very very lucky lady :)

ETA no worries on the name :) I knew what who you meant :)

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hey Diamond Joe (like the name btw) - even though you left me out of the Aussie equation (hmmph) I will not get offended and will still help you...
- lol!(just kidding btw)..
as the lovely Dee mentioned I recently had a ring sent from GOG - I was lucky enough to "slip through the cracks", in that my package was delivered direct to my door - shhsssh don''t tell any one he he.
But FedEx have advised me the usual procedure is that they will give you a call when it gets to your local airport/delivery centre, at which point you will be required to pay the duties etc before the package is then released and sent to you. You can pay by credit card or deposit into their bank account, which I thought was convenient..
So, I guess in short, the answer to your actual question is - not much delay at all!!
2.gif

have a nice long weekend!!
9.gif

Splinter

Shiny_Rock
I just received my girlfriend''s ring from WhiteFlash today (damn, it''s stunning - full report will be up later today I hope). Although I''m based in the UK, it looks like the process is pretty similar to Oz.

Essentially, you''ll get a call from the FedEx office at your incoming airport. They advise they have a shipment incoming and they ask if the shipment is business or personal.

Later that day/early the next day you will get a call from FedEx (or actually their billing agents) telling you how much you owe in tax and duties. This means the item is currently being held at the airport. I paid via debit card over the phone. You will be sent a confirmation email once you pay. This will also have your tracking number, so you can see the progression of your package delivery on the FedEx website.

Once you''ve paid, the status of your delivery will change to "Int''l shipment release" on the website. It will then be dispatched to your local FedEx hub and from there will go out for delivery to you.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/30/2008 8:08:52 AM
Author: Splinter
I just received my girlfriend''s ring from WhiteFlash today (damn, it''s stunning - full report will be up later today I hope). Although I''m based in the UK, it looks like the process is pretty similar to Oz.

Essentially, you''ll get a call from the FedEx office at your incoming airport. They advise they have a shipment incoming and they ask if the shipment is business or personal.

Later that day/early the next day you will get a call from FedEx (or actually their billing agents) telling you how much you owe in tax and duties. This means the item is currently being held at the airport. I paid via debit card over the phone. You will be sent a confirmation email once you pay. This will also have your tracking number, so you can see the progression of your package delivery on the FedEx website.

Once you''ve paid, the status of your delivery will change to ''Int''l shipment release'' on the website. It will then be dispatched to your local FedEx hub and from there will go out for delivery to you.
Ah-Hem.....
tapping.gif

Splinter

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/30/2008 8:59:18 AM
Author: arjunajane
Ah-Hem.....
tapping.gif
I know! I know!
9.gif
Just insanely busy a work. I''ll have to find some time this weekend to get all the details up.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results