shape
carat
color
clarity

Will A Three-Stone 2.00ct. tw. Engagement Ring Look TOO Big On A Finger Size 3.75/4 Or Will It Look

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Asscher102

Shiny_Rock

Hi! :) How are you? I am looking for pictures and advice please! My finger size is about 3.75 or 4. I just found a 2.00ct. tw. diamond engagement ring that really caught me eye. It is a 3-stone round diamond engagement ring with a 1.00ct center and a 0.50ct diamond on each side of it. Do you think that will be too big for me or that it will just look big and beautiful? Do you have any pictures of those carats on a small finger like mine?
It is set in platinum and all 3 diamonds are H color and SI quality. The price they are asking for it in platinum is $4,700. In person, is H/SI good quality and pretty looking or noticeably Eh? I have no idea because I am new at this and have no experience with diamonds, LoL. With those details, do you think that is a good price for it? Supposedly, the website has a 30 day money-back guarantee just in case, LoL. The website is www.WorldJewels.com and I am giving you the link here= http://www.worldjewels.com/_e/Engagement_Rings/product/e-400/2_00_ct_tw_Diamond_Engagement_Ring.htm
If you have any problems viewing the link/ring, please let me know. Please let me know what you think looks-wise, quality-wise, and deal/price-wise. Thank you so much! TTYS :)

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Hello Asscher 102!

My 3-stone ring is exactly those proportions: 2ct centre stone and 2 x .50 sides. H colour, SI (or S2, I can't remember).

My finger size is a 6. Here's a photo, maybe this can help you visualize.

I'd say it would be BEAUTIFULLY big on a size 4 finger.
9.gif

foo1.jpg

Asscher102

Shiny_Rock
LostSapphire, thank you! :) Omg, your ring is absolutely stunning. It is breath taking. The ring that I am considering is 2.00 carats in Total Weight. The two side stones are 0.50ct each but the center stone is 1.00ct, not 2.00ct like yours. Thanks to the picture of your absolutely beautiful ring, I know that the ring I am considering is now definitely worth it. If you come across any more pictures of yours or others, please post them! Thank you so much again! :)

I don''t think it will be too big as one of my co-workers has a 2 ct solitaire on a 3.5 size finger and it''s gorgeous. However, with that said you should look at you personal comfort level and circle of friends to determine that. Go to a local store and try on some stuff.....it''s fun!

I didn''t see the exact ring you were referring too, but the rings I clicked on offered stones of H-I color and Si (which means Si 1-2/3) so they could potentially not be eye clean. They don''t list a certification agency, which is not good. I suggest you let folks here know what you''re looking for and at what price point and let them help. Will they find you an awesome 1 ct center and 2 half carat sides in a platinum band for under $5000.....NO....but remember you get what you pay for. As you''ll discover if you continue to search and browse this site, cut is the most important C and can make a smaller diamond appear larger than a larger stone of poor cut quality. Also, you have the "advantage" of having smaller fingers so you can more finger coverage than say me (size 5.75) with a smaller stone.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Here''s another one. Thank you for asking: I find it is a lot plainer than many on PS without the blingy pave and halos (which are lovely but just not for me!).

foo2.jpg

Asscher102

Shiny_Rock
LostSapphire, I wish you could post a million pictures/views of your ring because I just love looking at this style, loll :) Especially since it''s the one I want! Please do not hesitate to post as many pictures as you''d like, either of your stunning ring, any others you may find similar to yours!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t think it will look too big at all. However, I would highly recommend that you purchase from a reputable PS vendor and make sure to get diamonds that are ideal cut and have an AGS or GIA certificate. I actually would only buy an engagement ring online if it was from one of the PS vendors. I know many PSers would be glad to help you choose a center stone, setting, etc. if you give us budget parameters, etc.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/28/2008 9:33:08 PM
Author: Asscher102
LostSapphire, I wish you could post a million pictures/views of your ring because I just love looking at this style, loll :) Especially since it''s the one I want! Please do not hesitate to post as many pictures as you''d like, either of your stunning ring, any others you may find similar to yours!

That is so kind....Have a search, I started a thread called: "3-stone ring girls, are you out there?"

It is FULL of 3 stones! Have fun!
9.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/28/2008 9:26:05 PM
Author: LostSapphire
Here's another one. Thank you for asking: I find it is a lot plainer than many on PS without the blingy pave and halos (which are lovely but just not for me!).
WOW..incredible ring!! I have to say that less is more! No need for pave and halos! I know around here (meaning where I live)..those styles seem more like dinner rings, cocktail rings, or special occasion rings. This 3 stone ring is classic, timeless, and so elegant!! Can be worn all the time! Nothing plain about it. Why not let the diamonds stand out on their own, (especially the nice 2 carat center) without all that fancy scrollwork, etching, pave, halos etc!! You have exquisite taste LostSapphire!!

vslover

Shiny_Rock
The one in my avatar is a .9 center with .55 sides on a size 4

Asscher102

Shiny_Rock
Thank you to everyone that has been responding to this thread and thank you in advance to everyone else that continues to do so!

LostSapphire, thank you SSSOOOO much for telling me about your 3-stone thread. I looked through it at all of the pictures with my hand under my chin and a huge smile on my face! LoL :) Again, your ring is spectacular! :)

Also, to everyone that has responded so far, all of your rings are simply stunning as well. All very unique and beautiful!

Thing2of2, thank you very much for telling me that. I really appreciate it! What exactly is a PS vendor and out of all of them, who do you recommend that could perhaps lead me to a three-stone 2 carat total weight ring in platinum H/SI or better with GIA certification or a 1ct. ring H/SI or bette with GIA certification, either for around $4500? That is my boyfriend's current budget. I trust you on this topic completely and I look forward to hearing your thoughts. Thank you again! :)

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/28/2008 9:40:10 PM
Author: thing2of2
I don't think it will look too big at all. However, I would highly recommend that you purchase from a reputable PS vendor and make sure to get diamonds that are ideal cut and have an AGS or GIA certificate. I actually would only buy an engagement ring online if it was from one of the PS vendors. I know many PSers would be glad to help you choose a center stone, setting, etc. if you give us budget parameters, etc.
I totally agree with thing2of2. I don't want to be a downer, but a 2 ct. tw ring in platinum with diamond accents priced at $4700 probably doesn't have good diamonds in it. You could pay that for a great quality 1 ct. round from any PS vendor. Also, I have an H/SI1 Jubilee cut diamond, and it is a great clarity/color combo. But cut is king, that is why I would be wary of the diamonds in that ring. Can you save the photo and have a ring like that custom made with a PS vendor diamond? Just a thought.

When we say a PS vendor, we just mean someone associated with Pricescope. I bought my diamond from GoodOldGold.com. Have a look at their 1 ct. rounds and get an idea of what a really great diamond costs. You might want to put most of your budget into a diamond and get a simple solitaire until you can have it reset.

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, a three stone is going to be a bit of a stretch for $4500. However, you can get a beautiful diamond in a simple setting for that price. Here are a few diamonds I found at Whiteflash.com and Goodoldgold.com:

http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-684415.htm

http://www.whiteflash.com/round/Round-cut-diamond-457844.htm

http://goodoldgold.com/diamond/4275/

http://goodoldgold.com/diamond/3677/

All four are extremely well cut. The first is a .9 carat and is under budget. The other three are 1 carats or a little bigger and are right at your budget. However, you can get a simple white gold setting for $200 and get a more ornate setting later. Also, you can get a discount for wire transfer, and you can also ask for a Pricescope discount. Good luck!

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t think it will look too big.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
I don''t want to be a party pooper, but that price seems worryingly too low, I highly doubt the quality of the cut would be up to par. I would rather have a killer cut stone, than a higher total carat weight.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2008 1:38:11 AM
Author: honey22
I don't want to be a party pooper, but that price seems worryingly too low, I highly doubt the quality of the cut would be up to par. I would rather have a killer cut stone, than a higher total carat weight.

I would have to agree. That price does seem quite low. I would recommend buying from a PS vendor to make sure that you are getting great stones. I think that size ring though would look great on her fingers.

ETA-what about something like this

setting

side stone

another sidestone

poss center stone

You can see the difference in price when the stones are well cut. I would definitely shop around and maybe go a bit smaller in size to get better cut stones.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/28/2008 9:56:18 PM
Author: beau13

Date: 5/28/2008 9:26:05 PM
Author: LostSapphire
Here''s another one. Thank you for asking: I find it is a lot plainer than many on PS without the blingy pave and halos (which are lovely but just not for me!).
WOW..incredible ring!! I have to say that less is more! No need for pave and halos! I know around here (meaning where I live)..those styles seem more like dinner rings, cocktail rings, or special occasion rings. This 3 stone ring is classic, timeless, and so elegant!! Can be worn all the time! Nothing plain about it. Why not let the diamonds stand out on their own, (especially the nice 2 carat center) without all that fancy scrollwork, etching, pave, halos etc!! You have exquisite taste LostSapphire!!
Thank you for affirming my feelings about the ring. It is very plain (someone said to me it was a bit too "structural" for them, which I think she meant it''s not as fluid as some). I agree, there are some gorgeous fluid-y 3-stone settings from WF that I would trade out in a heartbeat.

But then again, the centre stone kinda "takes charge" of my finger and that''s good for me!

I love pave but on other people. It would make me too nervous. I wear my ring constantly. It also stays really clean because there are not a lot of squiggly prongs to trap the dirt...

At least, that''s my story and I''m sticking to it!

Thank you again for the compliments. It was bought for me by my husband as a "substitute" for the lost sapphire (the replacement for which is currently in production!!!
9.gif
)

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Go For IT!!!!

kimikocat

Shiny_Rock
Regarding the size -- no, a 2 ct. 3 stone will not look too large on a 3.75/4 finger. I have a 3.75 finger size and petite hands, and I loooove large stones. To me they look "just right."

But yes, do pick out beautiful, well-cut stones, because they''ll give you more sparkle and just be more beautitful...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results