shape
carat
color
clarity

Best Scented Lotion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
what do you think is the best scented lotion?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love Bath and Body Vanilla also. I love Flowering Herb (limited edition) from B&B. I also love Satsuma from the Body Shop. Lavander from l'Occitane en provence; I have others but those are just a few.
3.gif
If I love the scent I buy it
9.gif

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
has anyone tried the papaya one from the body shop? it smells so good. doesn''t smell like papaya though...more like passion fruit. anyone else think so or is it just me?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Jo Malone makes wondeful scented lotions--last and last. Lovely by SJP is pretty fragrant as is Black Orchid by Tom Ford.

cheers--Sharon

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always use Chanel No.5 lotion and the body creme which is gorgeous! They are pricey but worth it.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love Verbena from L''Occitane. I wear that in summer. My all time favorite that I wear daily, is Amazing Grace by Philosophy. I adore that scent. If I could drink that stuff, I would!!! I use the shower gel. I switch off between the body emulsion and body butter.

The Verbena and Amazing Grace, are the only scents that aren''t strong and they don''t bother my asthma. Some scents are so strong, they make me feel like I am going to choke.

Heidi137

Shiny_Rock
I really like Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Refreshing Body Lotion and I also love Estee Lauder Beautiful lotion and body creme.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bliss Lemon + Sage

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tresor by Lancome. That the anytime-worn it for the last 20 years scent. It never fails.

For the winter, I frequently use Goldleaf (formerly known as Goldleaf and Hydraengea (sp?)). A bit heavier scent.

Oh, and I also use the Ginger souffle by Origins.....

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/24/2008 2:52:15 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
I currently love Bath & Body Works Jasmine Vanilla Aromatherapy ''sensual'' body lotion.. I also love the sugar scrub, bath wash and hand lotion..
9.gif
You''re killing me ... This is my favorite too. I also like the body spray.

I am a body scrub addict and use the three from Whole Foods. Sugar and salt scrubs. I can''t shower without it and the oils really soften my body.

For a while I was really into Opium perfumed body cream, but for some reason I outgrew it, or it reminded me of a past I now longer wanted to recall. I try to go organic as much as possible so I use, only occasionally, an organic hand made rosemary lavender scrub from a place in Hillcrest that makes it right there in front of you. It''s divine.

I am going to babysit this weekend, but the one condition was that I get to use their bathtub while my remodel plans are finalized so I can get my house in order. I am a designer nightmare.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love a lot of the ones by Fresh and by Laura Mercier. They are really delicious smelling.

Scent is so subjective. Sometimes I love the caramel sugar type cookie smells, other times I love tropical smells like mango coconut and pineapple, other times I want soft florals, or clean like green tea. Depends on my mood.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/25/2008 1:24:02 AM
Author: diamondfan
I love a lot of the ones by Fresh and by Laura Mercier. They are really delicious smelling.

Scent is so subjective. Sometimes I love the caramel sugar type cookie smells, other times I love tropical smells like mango coconut and pineapple, other times I want soft florals, or clean like green tea. Depends on my mood.
Since we''re talking about scents, insert a tiny rant here. I just HATE it when they discontinue a fragrance you like. Crabtree & Evelyn is particularly bad about that. The discontinued Damask Rose, and a truly unique green tea one they had called Song de Chine. When I heard about it I stocked up, but I''m now officially on my last bottles of each, and when they''re gone, they''re GONE. Since I''m a fragrance freak it should take about 5-6 years (neither is my everyday perfume), but still.... grrrrr!!!

OK, rant done.
2.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
I like clean, fresh smells and not so much fruity or flowery smells. My skin is always dry because I have to scrub up at work and I wash my hands so much, so hand lotion is always a necessity for me.

I love l"occitane hand cream and also regular johnson''s bedtime lotion. They both smell so clean and fresh.

Also, I am currently in love with this avon hand cream called berry something that someone had the other day at work. It has a strawberry on the front of it and it is a mixture of berries and vanilla, but it is not too berry smelling at all and I just really like the texture, it feels whipped souffle and makes my skin feel wonderful, but not greasy.
2.gif

pinkstars

Brilliant_Rock
Oh what a wonderful question!!!
I cannot use anything but Bath & Body Works.
I''ve been using it for years, it''s amazing. Now I live somewhere where we don''t have one here so whenever I go on vacation I have to STOCK up and man do I.
Oh and I''ve been using the brown sugar and fig for maybe over 2 years, but I definitely plan on trying the Midnight Pomegranate and the Enchanted Orchid. MMMmmm!

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/25/2008 7:31:55 AM
Author: ksinger

Date: 4/25/2008 1:24:02 AM
Author: diamondfan

Since we''re talking about scents, insert a tiny rant here. I just HATE it when they discontinue a fragrance you like. Crabtree & Evelyn is particularly bad about that. The discontinued Damask Rose, and a truly unique green tea one they had called Song de Chine. When I heard about it I stocked up, but I''m now officially on my last bottles of each, and when they''re gone, they''re GONE. Since I''m a fragrance freak it should take about 5-6 years (neither is my everyday perfume), but still.... grrrrr!!!

OK, rant done.
2.gif
yes! i know what you mean! at least you got a chance to stock up. there was a lotion at bath & body works that i really liked and one day i went in to buy some more, only to find that it was discontinued!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I honestly receive the most compliments when I wear Palmer''s cocoa butter or TreeHut shea body butter in coconut/lime or brazilian nut butter. Everyone is always like "are you wearing suntan lotion? You smell sooo good!" It''s kind of funny. I wear all of the above because I have super dry skin in the winter and those seem to help my skin retain moisture the best. The other day I was in the orthodontist''s chair and he says "I smell peanut butter, yum!" I couldn''t figure out what he meant, then I realized he meant cocoa butter, not peanut butter. I told him I had cocoa butter lotion on and he said "oh, right, that''s what I meant. I''m on a diet right now so I have food on the brain!" LOL!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ksinger, I do not get marketing people. They will say it is popular in places but not all over and that makes me bonkers.

I am a product junkie and have tons and tons of products, many that have likely spoiled by now, I hoard them. Figure there is always another thing to take a discontinued item''s place. But do hate when I have to search again.

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/25/2008 11:19:43 PM
Author: monarch64
I honestly receive the most compliments when I wear Palmer''s cocoa butter or TreeHut shea body butter in coconut/lime or brazilian nut butter. Everyone is always like ''are you wearing suntan lotion? You smell sooo good!'' It''s kind of funny. I wear all of the above because I have super dry skin in the winter and those seem to help my skin retain moisture the best. The other day I was in the orthodontist''s chair and he says ''I smell peanut butter, yum!'' I couldn''t figure out what he meant, then I realized he meant cocoa butter, not peanut butter. I told him I had cocoa butter lotion on and he said ''oh, right, that''s what I meant. I''m on a diet right now so I have food on the brain!'' LOL!
LOL... that just gave me a flashback to Seinfeld where Neuman was envisioning Kramer (who had been tanning with butter) as a large turkey.

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/26/2008 2:26:54 AM

OK, rant done.
2.gif
Years ago, Victorias Secret sold a peach hyacinth scent that I was simply in love with... and they always sold out of it. Then they discontinued it.. I was soooo disappointed! lol I know what cha mean!!
They did that with their Lavender Rose scent, too. I loved it, which was odd because lavender often gives me a migraine and rose is often nauseatingly sweet to me... but it was very soft and pretty.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/26/2008 4:42:20 AM
Author: sera

Date: 4/26/2008 2:26:54 AM

OK, rant done.
2.gif
Years ago, Victorias Secret sold a peach hyacinth scent that I was simply in love with... and they always sold out of it. Then they discontinued it.. I was soooo disappointed! lol I know what cha mean!!
They did that with their Lavender Rose scent, too. I loved it, which was odd because lavender often gives me a migraine and rose is often nauseatingly sweet to me... but it was very soft and pretty.
Yeah, don''t get me started on Victoria''s Secret. I''d almost forgotten but they''ve done it to me too on a body cream that was just unreal - smelled great, left you feeling incredibly soft, lasted ALL day. Perfect. Discontinued.
38.gif

bensbride

Brilliant_Rock
I switch my lotion with the season. Right now I''m all about BBW Cherry Blossom. In the winter I used to always use the Fresh Vanilla, but of course they discontinued it. I live in Iowa and don''t have many high-end stores, so I''m usually a BBW girl. However, a girl at work had this stuff called "Hempz'' which sounds really naughty but actually contains none of the drug. The Herbal one smells amazing and really does wonders for my nurse hands.

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2008 1:04:49 AM
Author: bensbride
I switch my lotion with the season. Right now I''m all about BBW Cherry Blossom. In the winter I used to always use the Fresh Vanilla, but of course they discontinued it. I live in Iowa and don''t have many high-end stores, so I''m usually a BBW girl. However, a girl at work had this stuff called ''Hempz'' which sounds really naughty but actually contains none of the drug. The Herbal one smells amazing and really does wonders for my nurse hands.
I just got some of the Cherry Blossom. Also, took advantage of Victoria Secret''s 7 for $35 and got an assortment of Peach (can''t remember the name offhand but is a limited addition), Love Spell and Pure Seduction.

I love Hanae Mori... smells like a heavy but soft, natural vanilla if that makes sense. I tend to wear it evenings.

For summer I like Ralph, except it has glitter in it- wish it didn''t- my steering wheel is now glittery.
20.gif

I also like French Connection UK, Vera Wang Princess and Nanette Lepore.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ksinger, i know what you mean! i loved crabtree''s savannah garden and got compliments on it ALL the time (one guy even asked me to write it down so he could get it for his wife for their anniversary!). i was shocked when they discontinued it, but they brought it back because so many customers complained.

maeve21652

Rough_Rock
Inner Grace by Philosophy

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
Bath and body works used to have one called ruby moon that I adored. I am almost out and I am so sad, that stuff smeels like heaven; it was slightly sweet but not cloyinging but also fresh and very dificult to describe. I mostly use a perfect world from origins now, it has a mixed fruity scent.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results