shape
carat
color
clarity

Great grandfather''s ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

heather318

Shiny_Rock
I found this really old ring in my mom''s jewelry box that used to belong to my great grandfather.. It has an orange stone in it and a very unique setting.. The inscription on the inside had the date 5/5/1928..

I''m not quite sure what the stone is that''s in it..

Here is the front..

TPD ring front.JPG

heather318

Shiny_Rock
The side..

TDP ring side.JPG

heather318

Shiny_Rock
Profile view..

TDP ring profile.JPG

heather318

Shiny_Rock
The inside of the ring..

TDP ring inside.JPG

heather318

Shiny_Rock
Last picture.. The inscription.. Kind blurry..

TDP ring inscription.JPG

heather318

Shiny_Rock
Ok, one more on my hand to show the size..

TDP hand.JPG

aggiebling09

Shiny_Rock
what a unique ring! Are you going to find out what kind of stone it is? I love family heirlooms because they come with a story

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Really cool ring. Are you thinking of resetting it, or leaving it as is?

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cool ring! I love the engraving and the little open parts on the profile...and the stone is a great color. Do you plan on wearing it?

heather318

Shiny_Rock
I think I''m going to leave it as is and don''t really plan on wearing it.. I just thought it was a really unique find! But I would love to find out what type of stone is in it!

I also love that it has my great grandmother and grandfather''s initials on the inside as well as the date.. I was shocked that it said 1928!

marian

Rough_Rock
the engraving inside with the date is such a sentimental touch. something like that is so special. when i was sixteen, my father and grandfather gave me a triple opal ring in a gold setting. one of the opals was missing, and they had it replaced. my grandmother died when i was only a month or 2 old. my grandfather gave my grandmother this ring when they were only sixteen. inside under the setting (which is kind of twisted ) are their initials: my grandfather''s on one side,my grandmother''s on the other. my father and grandfather have long ago passed away and i cherish this ring and will one day pass it on to 1 of my girls. it is now an antique. It has no date, but my father was born in 1902.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
From the time period and the color of the stone I bet its a citrine.In the 1920s the color orange was widley used in jewelry and clothing.The hand engraving is really nice and make for a beautiful heirloom.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is so awesome; what a wonderful piece!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very cool ring! What a treasure.

skwash

Rough_Rock
Thank you for sharing your find. What a special ring.

IrishBreakfast

Shiny_Rock
All the engraving details are beautiful. How awesome to have a piece like this with so much sentiment attached to it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results