shape
carat
color
clarity

Hi Everyone! After a LONG absence...I''m back with a project! Anyone feel like photoshopping?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Hi there everyone....old and new! Hope all is well!

I haven''t posted for LONG time, but I have a new project! FINALLY!

Oddly enough, I really didn''t have anything in mind....until I noticed that my center diamond was loose in it''s bezel!

I took it right off and called Whiteflash to arrange to have it sent in for a tune-up!

Of course, my jewelry-afflicted mind began to wander, and my husband (Mr. Anti-jewelry) actually told me (I''m questioning his mental health) I could do a little upgrade. Probably because we both forgot to do anything for our anniversary! Hubby was out of town on the anniversary and actually called the morning of, to apologize...and I didn''t even know what he was talking about! I had forgotten our anny completely!! I''m so pathetic...

So, I called Bob, and he told me that they would have to build me a completely new ring from scratch if I upgraded my center stone...so that was out!

But, then I had the bright idea of adding some melee to the split shank of my ring, and Bob got right back to me and said that they could add 44 (11 per arm I''m assuming) little "aca''s" to the shank (beadset), so it''s on the bench as I type! I think the projected date it will be done is around May 20th! I avoided the melee on the shank it in the very beginning, and thought I might destroy it, but I''ve had 2 of the little signed pieces bands for awhile now, and they seem to stand up to my abuse just fine!

Seriously though, I thought I should take advantage since my hubby was (mysteriously) onboard, and the ring was already on it''s way to Texas to get the center tightened up anyway...how could a person resist an opportunity like that?

So, I''m going to attach a pic, and if anyone has any Photoshop skills (recently got a new Mac and my photoshop isn''t compatible...and I also had to download Firefox just to post!) could they PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add a few diamonds on the split shank!! I''m having trouble visualizing!

Thanks!

PS Although I haven''t posted, I sneak a peak at all the new rings every so often and drool on my keyboard!

tawnwfproject.png

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Although I have no photoshop skills, I couldn''t resist the chance to say..............WOW!!!! Your ring is already a beauty. I''m sure your upgrade is going to be kickin''!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Tawn,
35.gif
I can't photoshop, but just wanted to say HI!!! Love your idea, strike while the getting is good, hehe. Can't wait to see it once it's finshed!! Lisa

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just wanted to say hi and welcome back. Hopefully after this project you''ll stick around
2.gif
How fun that your DH is so supportive over this!!!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Sadly no photoshop skills here either... but LOVE your idea. I think it will look fabbo!

p.s. I always loved your ring anyway and the extra sparkle will just send it right over the top imho (in a good way I mean!)

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Hi girls! Thanks for the welcome back....it was a busy busy year!

It''s nice to have a project (and be back on PS) again! I''m SO excited...it''s been way too long!

I should stay around for a bit, and you guys can help makes plans for all the old junk in my jewelry box! Of course, my husband would not approve...lol

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome back! I love your plain shanks, especially they were one of the rings that inspired my own plain shank halo. But I AM thrilled to know your happy with the change... so congrats!

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy,

I love the plain shanks too and originally I was going to wear the ring by itself with the split shank giving the illusion of 2 bands....but alas, I found that my fingers were much too long and the extra space needed to be filled with more diamonds!

So, I ended up with 1...and then another one of the signed pieces shared-prong eternity bands to wear with it!

I think the comparison started when the SP bands still looked like little bands of sparkle and my platinum plain shank started looking a little dull and scuffed up (I''m a 24/7 girl, and only take my rings off the clean them). So, hopefully it will be more of a match when all is said and done!

Honestly, if I hadn''t have had to send it in for repair, it probably wouldn''t have ever happened! Everything just fell in place and I ran with it!

BTW: YOUR RING IS ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS! I had seen it before during my sneak peaks on SMTR, but didn''t you have a different ring at some point? I''m too lazy to go back and read all the posts...but isn''t there a story there?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome back! His forgetting your anniversary was your gain! Sounds gorgeous!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Tawn, you have been missed, welcome back!!!
cheerleader1.gif
yippee10.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your new setting is going to be gorgeous with diamonds on the split shanks. I really think it will wear just fine, I really wouldn''t worry about it. You might lose a stone every now and then, but you aren''t going to destroy it unless you have a major accident or something.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Tawn, WELCOME BACK!!!
35.gif

I was wondering what happend to you. Can''t wait to see your newly designed ring.

Linda

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Tawn,
Here''s a (really quick) go at it:

tawnwfprojectMockup.png

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
And here''s a guess at color correcting a bit for the warm lighting, just for fun:

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
oops, looks like that last one didn''t grab the file.

tawnwfprojectMockupCC.png

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
2 Artists....

Perfect! Now I have an *image* in my diamond-encrusted little mind!

1.gif

Thank you so much!
36.gif

This is almost like doing the whole ring again! It''s so much fun!

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
No problem-I bet it will look wonderful-can''t wait to see pictures of the real deal!
1.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/4/2008 6:00:23 PM
Author: 2Artists
No problem-I bet it will look wonderful-can''t wait to see pictures of the real deal!
1.gif
You did a great job with the PhotoShop!
36.gif
You''re probably going to start getting more requests!

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
I thought that was a great Photoshop job! Thanks again!

I have a way better camera than I did when I originally got my ring, so I''ll make sure to take some pics for a comparison! So, I have 3 weeks to actually learn how to use the macro settings, so I can (hopefully) manage to take some good shots of the "extra sparklies"!

And...I''ll have to remind myself to make an appointment for a manicure as well!

2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results