shape
carat
color
clarity

EC Ering question for you diamond pros - carats or color???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

alibi

Rough_Rock
Newbie here, and I need your expertise!
33.gif

Okay, SO and I are looking at rings, and I've hit a brick wall when it comes to making a decision. I am torn between a two loves, and I need your help!!! Here's the run down:

1.63 ct. I VS1 GIA EC
in a diamond split shank setting

OR

1 ct. E VS1 GIA EC
3 stone with .4 EC's on the sides (1.8 ctw.)

Both rings are beautiful, but of course the E is clean like nobody's business. SO's budget won't let us go up too much higher without coming down in color, but the I is beautiful too, just not as bright as the E, but it looks closer to the 2 ct. range. So do I go for size or color? Which is the better value? I've seen both GIA certs, I don't have the other specs b/c I didn't write them down, but both have nice cuts. I've attached pics so you get an idea of the 2 rings. Soooo - what's a girl to do?

Emerald three stone.jpg

alibi

Rough_Rock
Pic of the 1st setting...

Emerald Spilt Shank.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I love a split shank setting, but - I''d go with the E in the 3-stone, especially if you want more finger coverage and more ct weight. If you post in Rocky Talky, you might get a little more perspective, but I do think that emerald cuts show their color a little more obviously than a non-step cut. You could definitely go lower in color than an E into the near colorless range (G, H) and still have a crisp, white stone and perhaps spend less.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the split shank setting. I find my "I" EC very white.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Tacori, yours is an I? Take back what I said about step cuts...shoot, you could have told me it was a D, it is very white.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2008 10:12:59 AM
Author: Elmorton
Tacori, yours is an I? Take back what I said about step cuts...shoot, you could have told me it was a D, it is very white.

Haha! Thanks. Honestly at *some* angles in *some* lights I can see a faint yellow but it doesn''t bother me. I do have some blue flor so that probably helps too.

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
I like both but would tend to lean towards the larger EC if you don''t mind a bit of colour.

Have you sourced these rings online or at a B&M?

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
I love my 2 carat I...I''ve never seen a hint of yellow.

Heidi137

Shiny_Rock
I would definitely go for the larger stone with the split shank setting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results