shape
carat
color
clarity

EC''s ..show me some LIFE!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

idreamofice

Shiny_Rock
Po10472 – Your picture is so awesome! I really LOVE your band…..it’s just stunning. Thank you for the compliment. I really like the solitaire as it is but since seeing tberube’s halo and a few others I simply fell in love. I’m very excited to see how the setting and band will turn out as well….all I can say is 3 sided pave..yum!

I find it kind of strange also that Ecs are not as popular. I dunno…all I know is everytime I see Ecs my heart skips a beat or 10!

GEM – I can’t wait to see your ring! I bet it will be stunning!

chicagogirl

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE ECs. Lets see if this one works...

rings 5679.1.jpg

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
Hi CHICAGOGIRL... SOOOO happy you showed up...I was hoping to hear from you.
I''m trying to bring all us EC lovers out of hiding...and into the limelight!!
Yours definitely needs to be center stage!!
I absolutely love, love, love your ring.
I remember you were going back and forth on a band... what did you go with?????
MORE PICS, PLEASE!

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
IDREAM... We''re all on pins and needles for you...if your solitaire is perfection...then I''m sure the halo will be perfection plus. I was just teasing you. So happy for you!!

I heard through the grapevine my ring is getting close... and someone in ''the know''...said, "it''s going to be AMAZING"...that''s the word that was used...woo hoo!!!!!

chicagogirl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/11/2008 4:02:50 PM
Author: GemALLogist
Hi CHICAGOGIRL... SOOOO happy you showed up...I was hoping to hear from you.
I''m trying to bring all us EC lovers out of hiding...and into the limelight!!
Yours definitely needs to be center stage!!
I absolutely love, love, love your ring.
I remember you were going back and forth on a band... what did you go with?????
MORE PICS, PLEASE!
Awww, you are so sweet. I decided to go with the facets baguette band. I LOVE how the look together. My EC is set in a 4-prong head, so it sits flush. I will post a few more pics!!
emwink.gif

rings 12.29.new 007.jpg

chicagogirl

Shiny_Rock
last one. this is the same one as on my other post.

rings 12.29.new 002.jpg

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
Gosh, CHI... I''m gonna dream about your set tonight. I really love the two together. I was toying with the idea of rounds...or bags with mine (even though my EC is still in the design stage)...but yours is so perfect...I must try on a band like yours!!!!
I love your band solo, too.
Brilliant that your set is flush...doesn''t happen often in EC land. I have no idea how the head of mine will be...so I''ll be dealing with the band thing after the fact...(I know, it''s a little backwards, but I''ve removed myself from the design process at this point..
emcrook.gif
)...
I''m not anti-gap, either...just can''t wait to try on a variety...
I really do love yours...
can''t wait to see your pink stacker as well!!!!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Seriously, Chi-girl, your w-band is my absolute fave paired with an EC. I''m kinda hoping for one of those as an RHR someday. Perfect, perfect!

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
i know i''m late but i want to play too!

ecfirepicture.jpg

chicagogirl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/11/2008 10:03:58 PM
Author: Elmorton
Seriously, Chi-girl, your w-band is my absolute fave paired with an EC. I''m kinda hoping for one of those as an RHR someday. Perfect, perfect!
Thanks!! And thanks to all of the PS''ers that helped me pick it out. H and I look at a ton of rings in B&M stores, and I didn''t really love anything. On top of that, they were all at least twice as much. I love the collection that Facets has, and the price, quality, and service can not be beat.

chicagogirl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/11/2008 6:57:09 PM
Gosh, CHI... I''m gonna dream about your set tonight. I really love the two together. I was toying with the idea of rounds...or bags with mine (even though my EC is still in the design stage)...but yours is so perfect...I must try on a band like yours!!!!
I love your band solo, too.
Brilliant that your set is flush...doesn''t happen often in EC land. I have no idea how the head of mine will be...so I''ll be dealing with the band thing after the fact...(I know, it''s a little backwards, but I''ve removed myself from the design process at this point..
emcrook.gif
)...
I''m not anti-gap, either...just can''t wait to try on a variety...
I really do love yours...
can''t wait to see your pink stacker as well!!!!
I gotta say I tried on some rounds, and I wasn''t crazy about the two looks together. Just 2 very different sparkes. I did almost end up with a band with princess cutes though...you know its funny; I almost switched up the head on the setting because I thought the prongs were just so huge and the ring looked disconnected. Now I am so glad I kept it bc the 2 rings look great together.

I can''t wait to see your new ring! And don''t worry about wedding bands just yet. I had no idea what I was going to do when I got my ering. I know you well end up with something gorgeous!

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
Hi guys, thanks so much for your compliments.

I definitely think that there is no comparison with RBs sparkle and the sparkle from ECs/Asschers therefore I no longer compare them anymore, makes life easier. They are what they are - different. I love the sparkle of the RB but its the angles and the flashes that I love from an EC and this floats my boat more. I like that it performs when it wants and it changes in different environments.

When I get a chance and the sun is shining, I''ll take more pics.

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
PO... you're absolutely right...I think the issue is...we need to STOP comparing them to brilliant cuts. One is not better or worse...they are DIFFERENT...and I love broad flashes...it's not that pinpoint isn't fab...I love those too..and look at the halos TBE and MIMZY (welcome aboard, MIMZ, I'll get to you in a sec!
emwink.gif
) are sporting....they are incredible!!! And soon, IDREAM will be adding one as well...

I started this thread to get some pics going of broad flashes because of that long drawn out explanation I gave earlier about how I got nervous because after I picked out my setting and I found PS I saw all the stuff on here about how step cuts won't satisfy cravings for blingage. I don't think that's the case at all...I just think it's different. Broad flashes are blinding... they're just not the sparkly pinpoints...
of course, if you have the halo, you get both...ha!

MIMZY...welcome aboard the EC/LIFE train....it's NEVER too late here....and, looking at those pics...it seems like you should proudly flash that baby all over town. I'm sure you do. That is sooooo pretty. Since I'm lazy and don't want to go over past threads, do you wear it alone? It is really stupendous.... can you remind me of the specs? So glad you came to the party....your pics ...and stone/setting are really spectacular.

CHIGIRL.... I think I am going to stop worrying about the wband til my ering actuallly gets here...lol...but I am thinking that there is nothing more perfect than yours! It's interesting, though, that you bring up the whole princess cut band issue...because, at least in theory...that's the other cut I'd like to try on to see how it looks.... OK, who am I kidding, I'll probably try on a gazillion bands...but I think the princess is a possibility..
Honestly....just over the past couple of days...I think I'ver looked at your set dozens of times....I ADORE IT... and I love how the Facets band does it all. It compliments your ering perfectly... it's substantial enough to make its own statement yet doesn't even come close to competing with your incredible EC... it is just the right weight... and your set is even flush... wow... it was certainly meant to be....

Know anyone else with EC"s????
If so....invite them to the party...or at least ask them if you can take pictures for your whacky obsessed step cut friends!!! We need as many people as possible to join the club!!!
Of course, we also need to get some more of the veteran PSers to make a guest appearance. I'm hoping DIDIAMOND will stop by and give a small speech for a newbie like me...
Asscher lovers are also welcome..... anyone wanna see if WIDGET wants to post some new pics of her dream ring????
Have a great weekend everyone!!!

chicagogirl

Shiny_Rock
Gem, you are so sweet, you made my day. I doubted my ring choice in the beginning because of the prongs, so it is really nice to hear your sweet words. I had even called Leon! Wishful thinking, let me tell you. Now I am SO glad I didn''t switch the setting at all. I can''t imagine anything else. I know you will be just as happy with your beauty!

samii

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/8/2008 12:06:08 PM
SAMII.... really beautiful and different.... I'd love to see pictures of it SCREAMING...

Question for administrators: is there a reason why PS doesn't allow video clips? Stills just don't do these gems justice!
emteeth.gif
I'm a 6.75 - if it gives you any idea of the amount it screams I've had ladies across a rather large store come and ask about it and the other day we were flying across the country and while I was reading my book there were light reflections from it all across the ceiling and all down one wall - anyone that tells you an emerald can't sparkle hasn't seen a decent one I say!

Thank you for the compliments - as any girl knows, we can never accept enough on behalf of our rocks :)

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/10/2008 10:34:01 PM
Hi ladies...

Hope you all had a great day. I''ve been super busy...sorry to leave the thread alone. I feel it''s my responsibility. lol...

I thought it was only fair to include FRAN FINE''S stunning EC in this thread since she hasn''t been around to contribute her wit on the topic... hope she doesn''t mind. This beauty is just too gorgeous to leave in the PS archives.

Awaken all the EC lovers you know....attach all your family and friends'' rings you can find...and, more celeb EC''s too...it''s a very IN celeb cut!!!!!!

LET''S KEEP THIS GOING....
emwink.gif

We''re under represented as it is.

(Can you imagine how passionate I''ll be once I actually GET my ring?????) ha!!!

now THAT is one well-cut stone. Look at the crown height on that thing!!! Yowza!

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/11/2008 10:35:00 PM
Author: mimzy
i know i''m late but i want to play too!
Oh MIMZY! My ring twin...I was wondering when YOU were going to show up!!!! When I saw your pics I thought someone else had made a mish-mosh of MY ring! Then I saw the manicured nails and knew that wasn''t my hand!! Hahaha....

I love your ring...wheee!! thanks for posting!

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
gemALLogist-

thank you! i don't remember the specs except it's a 1.1 carat, H VS2 (GIA). and yes, i currently wear it alone because i'm not yet married! but i do have a band that coordinates and sits flush with it that i can't wait to start wearing
9.gif

tberube - if by manicured you mean sloppily painted ten minutes before i took the pictures
2.gif
i haven't got a manicure since my prom! haha. i'm proud to be your ring twin!

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
This is my ring on the photographer''s finger [thanks Allison!]:

12-29-07 diemcut03.jpg

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!!! Now that is a EC Blu!!!

Blu, I''ve been looking for you here.

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
GOOD MORNING LADIES AND HAPPY MONDAY! I go off for some family activities for a couple of days and look what happens!

Wow....BLU...I would be lying if I said I hadn''t gawked over your ring before
emwink.gif
...but, my gosh...that is one heck of a shot!
You can see the depth and beauty and life and personality and clarity of that beauty...wow...
I need MORE...got any??? I know you have the specks in another thread...but can you remind us all so we can dream??? LOL

Really, it is something to be appreciated...it''s gorgeous... we''re so glad you''re here!!!

SAMII...thanks for the size and specs..it looks so perfect on you...it really is spectacular...and looks gigantic!! so pretty!!!!!

MIMZY AND TBE...you really could be ring sisters....which is a good thing...that look is so incredible we need to find someone who will ''breed'' to keep the species alive! ha

TBE...UH HMMM....(that''s me clearing my throat lol)...I''m about to go and absolutely drool over your new thread...which is SOOOOOOOOOOOO AMAZING...I am so happy you got the new shots...I can''t get over the natural light/sun shots...your ring is mesmerizing. Definitely, definitely deserves its own thread...BUT PLEASE GIVE US A COUPLE OVER HERE, TOO...PRETTY PLEASE???...I really want to keep the beauties organized in one place in addition to any solo threads...definitely makes it easier for gawkers of the future...ha....
I''ll talk to you over on your thread...the compliments are popping into my head all over the place....the windowsill shots are indescribable.
WOO HOO!!!! I think we need to get everyone out there in the sun for some updated shots. I had no idea (as a FUTURE EC OWNER) that EC''s were such sunworshippers.... ha!
thanks for those...you made my whole Monday!!!!

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
hey Gem, I think you should change your name to littlemisssunshine, cos you''re always so happy and it radiates across the thread.

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
Awww...THANKS Po... just made me whole day!!!! I hope I can make people even a little bit as happy as PS makes me. It''s not just about the bling (well, it''s partly about that...ha!)... it''s a good feeling you get when you are here...
and I want everyone to feel that.
One example: I love looking at the engagement stuff now and getting details out of people. I mean, c''mon: it''s not just that you gave/got a killer rock... there was a romantic gesture of love in there as well. Let''s here the details... When you explain the stories behind the beautiful stones...
THIS BECOMES ONE HAPPY PLACE :)
PS is like a little escape...if we can''t smile here...we''re in big trouble!
emteeth.gif

BTW..you were sweet for saying that...and YOU made ME smile...so there you go!!!

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s some more pics that you asked for, GEM!!

339-2.jpg

tberube

Brilliant_Rock

321-2.jpg

tberube

Brilliant_Rock

379pk-2.jpg

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
last one! Thanks for looking!!

383p-2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results