shape
carat
color
clarity

My Two-Piece Romona Keveza Ruffle Gown Arrived Today!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, everyone! I haven''t been very active on the board lately because I am trying to start a new career and plan our June wedding, but I know that I promised pics for you when my gown came in. Well, today I stopped by the bridal salon to pick out a veil and they informed me that my gown had just arrived the day before and they hadn''t had a chance to call me yet. I was totally surprised...it wasn''t due in for another couple weeks. I had a friend with me and she took a ton of photos to share. A word of advice to anyone considering a Romona Keveza gown -- if you are beween sizes, order up. I ordered up and I am so glad I did! Her gowns definitely run small. They correctly used a smaller ruffle up top like I requested, but accidentally didn''t use the smaller ruffle at the bottom. So, the ruffle at the bottom is an inch larger thatn the ruffle at the top...do you think I need to get it shortened to match the top ruffle? The salon said that they could do it. Anyway, I hope you guys like how it turned out overall!

RK-Dress-1-for-PS.jpg

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
A full length view of the dress with the veil I selected. Do you see the little pup down by my feet? He belongs to the owner and was helping me. :) He was so sweet!!!

RK-Dress-4-for-PS.jpg

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
A closer up shot...and you can see the back detail in the mirror. I didn''t seem to get a good shot of the back without the veil in the way...sorry!

RK-Dress-5-for-PS.jpg

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
I know the necklace doesn''t match at all...but I didn''t think to take it off...

RK-Dress-2-for-PS.jpg

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
It''s pretty comfy to sit down in, though the corset really makes you sit up straight!

RK-Dress-3-for-PS.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
About the ruffle, I don''t think so. Seems to me that they are far enough apart that you won''t be able to tell. Plus, the fullness of the skirt and the location of the second ruffle allow it to be larger. I think it''s perfect to be quite honest. Do they have to do a lot of alterations? It looks perfect on you!

sera

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous!!!!!!!!!

I like the larger ruffle on the bottom... it seems like if it was smaller it would look too small around all that material at the hem.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, last one...a view of the back with the veil. I''ll be getting the skirt fitted a little snugger through my hips to get more of that fit-n-flare look I love. But other than that, it fits pretty well. I can''t wait to wear it in June! :) Thanks for letting me share!

RK-Dress-7-for-PS.jpg

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
wow, it is so gorgeous!!! you look amazing.

i think the bigger ruffle at the bottom actually balances it out, it looks amazing. congrats!!!!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
My favorite wedding dress ever. EVER.

God. That just looks amazing on you. I love the ruffles EXACTLY as they are. Congrats, you are going to be a stunning bride. God, I love that gown.

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
beautiful! I think the bottom ruffle being larger than the top worked out perfectly. I think it really balances the dress and will make the whole fit and flare look even better. It emphasizes the small, dainty, feminine on top and flare of the bottom....perfect in my opinion.

Great choice of dress! Congrats and how exciting to have it there unexpectedly!

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
You look like a million bucks! LOVE it!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
It''s fabulous. I agree with Gypsy that it''s one of the best dresses ever posted on here. Hurray! So excited for you.

buttercup80

Shiny_Rock
You look so pretty! I agree with everyone else - I think the larger ruffle on the bottom gives it a balanced look - it doesn''t look mismatched at all.

Gorgeous!
36.gif

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
G*O*R*G*E*O*U*S D*R*E*S*S!!!
30.gif
I love the buttons down the front, the buttons down the back, the ruffle on the top, the ruffle on the bottom, the richness of the fabric . . . can you tell I love your dress??? And, it looks like it was made for you!!

Oh, and, I love your ring too!!
30.gif

You''ve got some impeccably good taste!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I am so happy that you all like the ruffles as they are! I was going back and forth, and at one point even doubting that I should have gotten the smaller ruffle at all. I was afraid that the smaller ruffle makes me show more skin up top than the sample did (though I guess getting a smaller size contributes to that too). I didn''t want to show cleavage at all. Then I was afraid that the bigger ruffle at the bottom would make the dress, and me, look bottom-heavy compared to the smaller ruffle at the top. Maybe I''m over-thinking things because I was nervous for my dress to come in. So thanks for all the encouraging thoughts!

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow that looks so pretty!!

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
Oh. My. Goodness. It''s absolutely gorgeous! Don''t change a thing with the ruffles, its perfect as you have it now. I looove Romona Keveza, just couldn''t afford to look at her gowns for my dress, unfortunately.
8.gif
It looks like it fits you so well, and the color with your skin is beautiful. Fantastic choice! What shoes are you wearing?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2008 8:45:04 AM
Author: Independent Gal
It''s fabulous. I agree with Gypsy that it''s one of the best dresses ever posted on here. Hurray! So excited for you.
TOTES AGREE too!!! Gorge, timeless, stunning! And I think the ruffle discrepancy WORKS. The smaller ruffle would look out of place on the dramatic hemline ... and the larger ruffle up top might overwhelm your trim bodice. As is: PERFECTION!!!

36.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous! I wouldn''t change the ruffles-it looks amazing as it is!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
It looks perfect just the way it is!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Don''t change the ruffle! It looks absolutely perfect! I also love that veil with the dress.

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Love it! I think the ruffles look great the way they came in and wouldn''t change anything about it! That dress is so perfect on you!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!!
30.gif
1.gif

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Wow you look amazing.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
That looks gorgeous on you. Beautiful silhouette! Very flattering on your nice figure.

I like the ruffles and would have thought the varied sizes were intentional. But it does add a heavier look whereas the smaller ruffle would be more delicate. So I guess it''s your preference and also how well could the dress shop do the job? It doesn''t sound like they would be sending it back. So if they worked on it you''d want them to make it match the top ruffle exactly.

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Fabulous dress! It fits you like a glove!

portia

Brilliant_Rock
You look absolutely beautiful! I wouldn''t change a thing!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
FF, dear, your figure is gorgeous and that dress only accentuates how fit you are! You''re going to make a BEAUTIFUL bride!

Also, on the lower ruffle, I thinkit''s perfect the way it is. Wow, your dress is my new wedding gown obsession. Too bad I''ve already been married 2 years.
2.gif

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
This dress is seriously stunning on you. Don''t touch a ruffle! I love everything about the dress!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results