shape
carat
color
clarity

HALO Help......Trying to figure out what size the halo stones should be for a custom

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mandyk77

Rough_Rock
Hi all! I need your expert advice, pictures, and help.
emwink.gif

My b/f and I are working on the design for a custom halo e-ring and I am trying to decide how many points the halo stones should be.

The center stones that we are looking at are between 1.8-2.0 carat ovals. After looking at many of your beautiful rings I am inspired, but confused because I don''t know how large or how many points your halo stones are.

I know that I really love the rings with a bit larger halo diamonds....but what size is "larger"?? :)

Please post pictures of your halo ring and the specs on the surrounding halo diamond size (1pt, 2pt, 3pt, etc.)

YOUR HELP IS SOOOOO APPRECIATED!
face23.gif

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t have a picture of my halo ring because it''s still being made, but I went with 1 pointers for mine. I think most people would go with either 1 or 2 pointers. 3 pointers might start being overwhelming. If you want your halo to have a little more presence, 2 pointers should work.

mandyk77

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much Coda,

I believe I want to stick with 1 or 2 pointers..... I guess I am just having a hard time telling the difference from pictures without specs.

I have another question for you....Approx. how long has it taken or is it taking to make your custom halo?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
i have no idea what the size of the stones are in my halo. i haven''t gotten it back yet from being made. but, i''d say no bigger than 1 pointers on a 2 carat halo. 2 pointers are pretty big for halo''s IMO. most halo rings have stones that are less than 1 pointers.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My center stone is 2.52 cts. My halo stones have to be less than 1 pointers since their carat wt is .30 and there are 36 round diamonds.

cmsflyring002.jpg

mandyk77

Rough_Rock
Thanks Catmom...your ring is beautiful!

The below ring is exactly what I want....but maybe with smaller diamonds around the centerstone and a 2ct. oval substituted for the sapphire. I want to scale this ring down to the appropriate size for my center stone.

love it.jpg

mandyk77

Rough_Rock
I know the photo above looks a little large, but do you think this ring with a diamond oval will look too much like a cocktail or RHR?

Hones opinions welcomed! :)

ahappygirl

Brilliant_Rock
I consider any ring worn on the third finger/ left hand an engagement and/or WB (when in the USA). This is just IMHO and regardless of whether or not the style is a classic diamond solitaire Tiffany setting or a small garnet, or whatever. Personally, I would get smaller stones in the halo so your eye focuses on the center stone. It''s going to look fabulous regardless!

sera

Ideal_Rock
I don't have pics because my halo is being made. I am going with just under 1 pointers for my 1ct diamond... it will be a delicate halo.

I think (at least imho) what makes a ring look more cocktail-ish is when the surrounding diamonds are larger, so it's more of a cluster ring than a halo. That doesn't mean you can't wear it as an e-ring... whatever you wear as your e-ring is your e-ring, so get what you want.

Can't the jeweler suggest a size to match the look you want? When I asked about a 1 pointer halo, Maytal advised me that it would look too thick for the look I want... I totally trust her expert opinion.

This is a 1.25ct EC with significantly less than 1 pointers, though I can't recall the size.

maytalR-ec%20(2).jpg

This one has a 1 pointer halo, but I can't remember the size of the emerald.
maytalR-emerald%20(2).jpg

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
My ring is an oval shaped stone too, but it is a green tourmaline, not a diamond. I don''t know what carat weight it is, but I would guess somewhere between 1 and 1.5 carats. When my jeweler sent me the CAD images of my ring, I thought the halo looked too large, but he said that it won''t really be that large. So, he talked me into going with 1 pointers. It seems most people think 1 pointers or less are the way to go, but I think you could go up to 2 pointers, but not more than that. I don''t think it will look like a cocktail ring. I love oval shaped stones with haloes. Also,custom made rings vary in how long they take, but mine is going to take 6-8 weeks by the time it''s done.

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
This thread shows a halo with a .75 center stone and 1-pointers surrounding.....https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/wf-halo-bezel-setting.73505/

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
quarter pointers. center is .61
35.gif

neberingtable.JPG

metro

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s my halo. The diamond is 0.93 and the melee are 1-pointers. Looks very delicate IRL.

metros_ring_halo.JPG

mandyk77

Rough_Rock
Thanks guys! Your rings are all awesome and the pictures really help me guage size!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m no expert, so others please correct me if I''m wrong, but I think the bezelled halo''s can make the halo''s look bigger. So if that''s what you want then go for tiniest of pointers as the bezel would "bulk it out".

In any case, I personally prefer smaller delicate prong-set halo''s like the HW (at least that''s what I think they are). If thats what you want, then you have to tell your setter that and go for 1 pointers or half pointers.

sandia_rose

Shiny_Rock
I can''t comment on the halo stone size, but do want to say that it''s an AWESOME design! Reminds me of Princess Diana''s ring, which I thought was beyond classy and elegant! So timeless and beautiful.

Her ring was a little large for us non-royals, IMO, but I do know that it was 18 carats and surrounded by 14 diamonds. So to echo other posters, maybe a point or two per stone?

Bridget in Connecticut..

Di_ring.jpg

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/1/2008 8:55:40 AM
Author: Phoenix
I'm no expert, so others please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the bezelled halo's can make the halo's look bigger. So if that's what you want then go for tiniest of pointers as the bezel would 'bulk it out'.

In any case, I personally prefer smaller delicate prong-set halo's like the HW (at least that's what I think they are). If thats what you want, then you have to tell your setter that and go for 1 pointers or half pointers.

Very true. My halo is made up of 1pt'ers, but it looks much smaller than the 1pt "bezeled" or "bordered pave" halos shown above.

000orangeroseshot.JPG

mandyk77

Rough_Rock
Awsome Ring MissRocks!

I love the prong set halo! I believe that is what I would like for my ring!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/1/2008 10:26:06 PM
Author: Missrocks

Date: 4/1/2008 8:55:40 AM
Author: Phoenix
I''m no expert, so others please correct me if I''m wrong, but I think the bezelled halo''s can make the halo''s look bigger. So if that''s what you want then go for tiniest of pointers as the bezel would ''bulk it out''.

In any case, I personally prefer smaller delicate prong-set halo''s like the HW (at least that''s what I think they are). If thats what you want, then you have to tell your setter that and go for 1 pointers or half pointers.

Very true. My halo is made up of 1pt''ers, but it looks much smaller than the 1pt ''bezeled'' or ''bordered pave'' halos shown above.
I LOOOVEEE your ring, Missrocks
30.gif
30.gif
. It''s definitely one of my all time favs!
36.gif

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Phoenix- Thanks for the compliments! I saw your thread on DSS and wanted to let you know, that I suffer from the syndrome as well.
3.gif
. BTW, your stone is beautiful!

MandyK- Good luck with your decision and glad the pics could help! Please come back and post pics in SMTR of the finished product!

ginzagirl

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

My ring is being sized right now but according to the SA, it has 82 diamonds with a ttw of .54cts. That works out to be .0065. Hope this helps you.

thisismyHWring.jpg

mandyk77

Rough_Rock
Thanks to all those who have posted pics!

Does anyone have a ring that has 2 or 2.5 pointers in the halo?....Just wondering.

I will also be sure to post tons of pictures when I receive the ring! Waiting is soooooo hard!

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know what this one is, but they are def larger... there is another one that is even larger than that, I will see if I can find it...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results