carat
color
clarity

The Cupcake Thread!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Love the naked cupcake picture, Mara.

Delish!!

Are these the cupcakes you made as you were receiving the text that Ttot had come into the world?

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Sevens,

I love cinnamon! Those look great! Snickerdoodle cupcakes. Never had one. I''ll have to try that some day. The icing even looks good because I''m sure they''re full of cinny-goodness!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok Mara-how about this- if I move anywhere near you in three years or so want to come and make the cupcakes for me when I open my little dessert shop?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Going to try a red velvet today for the first time....I JUST happened to have exactly 1 cup of buttermilk left....I ususally make a midnight cake, but my sister raves about her RV so I''ll give it a go. I the way I feel now (I am so hungry), I could eat it ALL NOW!

cheers--Sharon

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
okay....so, i never even tasted the cupcakes from cake fetish that i posted. i was just not feeling well AT ALL (thanks for the well wishes skippy, you are the sweetest!). thinking back, i have to laugh that i even got up to take a picture. i must love you cupcake crazies! or...i must be one!
37.gif

too bad, i look back and see that red velvet and maybe even a german chocolate-y one that i would have loved to try. actually, i would have loved to try them all! but dang....i shoulda at least tasted one!
38.gif
just shows how bad i was feeling.
14.gif

anyway, on the road to recovery, i just had to make some of the ones on my list. all turned out pretty darn good but i am most looking forward to the carrot cake and the rv. i saved the two cream cheese frosting ones for last. not last last, just last on my immediate list. i will probably do one of those today.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
banana nut with choco frosting (chopped nut topping)

these were yummy and SUPER moist.

bananachoconut.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
double malted.

batter was made with malted milk as was frosting. i couldn''t find any whoppers at the store i was at and i still didn''t have all of my energy back to go looking for just whoppers, so i got these generic no name malted milk balls. they were hugemongess. i didn''t really like them much. i am a whopper fan. the difference is unmistakable to me.

doublemaltedmilk.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
finally... pink lemonade.

when i was making the frosting, i was thinking they were going to be toooooooo sweet but the lemonade gave just the right amount of tang. i loved the consistency of the frosting. i might even try to adapt it to other flavors.
these would have looked way cute with a royal icing flower on top. just wasn''t up to that yet!

pinklemonadepinkpink.jpg

jas

Brilliant_Rock
These are fantastic, Belle --

I was in Florida about 3 months ago and had the most spectacular Malted Carmel Chocolate ice cream...I''ve been trying to figure out how to make that into a dessert...you''ve given me a great idea...MCC cupcakes.

Love the idea of the pink lemonade -- did you use actual lemonade or a few sprinkles of powder?

*Ducks to avoid wrath of lemonade purists*

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They all look good Miss Belle, but I love those delicate pinky ones! Pink lemonade mix huh?....* makes mental note* Do tell more please?

Glad you are feeling better my lady!
35.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks jas! omg......malted carmel chocolate ice cream sounds amazing!
3.gif
18.gif
yuuuummmmmm. wow.

for the lemonade, i used pink (of course!) lemonade concentrate. it was in both the batter and the frosting.

35.gif
hey miss lorelei!
35.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those look yummy belle! I just ate a key lime cupcake from Cupcakeology and it was yummy.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I shall be making Miss Mara''s Snickerdoodle cuppie recipe shortly....
16.gif

I hope you and your * visitor* are having a wonderful time!
35.gif
9.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Everyone stuff looks SO yummy--why doesn''t anyone live close to me
3.gif
?????? BTW, I''ll seperate myself from the red velvet cake lovers, as I did not care for the cake I made yesterday. I could really taste the buttermilk and altho I like that flavour in pancakes, not so much in chocolate cake. My DH and son really enjoyed it however..... My sister has a devils food recipe she says calls for 1/2 of buttermilk and she cannot taste it. I''ll try that next time.....

cheers--Sharon

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Belle,

OMG, those malted milk and pink lemonade cupcakes look DELICIOUS!!!!!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2008 6:33:37 PM
Author: Linda W
Belle,

OMG, those malted milk and pink lemonade cupcakes look DELICIOUS!!!!!!!
Belle, I totally have to agree, you wonderful baker you, and they are so beautiful too
3.gif
Love your granite also!!
9.gif

Lorelei, whoo hooo, you little baking machine. hehe
18.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto Skippy, my girlfriend has almost that same color granite.

Linda

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2008 6:53:08 PM
Author: Linda W
Ditto Skippy, my girlfriend has almost that same color granite.

Linda
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
belle your cupcakes look crazy good. those pink lemonade look so cute. so you said that you thought they would be too sweet, but they weren''t? Do you have the recipe...i''d love to try them!! maybe with more of a vanilla cuppie and the pink lemonade frosting or something might be fun. or reverse.

lorelei, how did the snickerdoodles come out?? my visitor loved them and said they were yummy. and my neighbors who have been sampling the whole time said that these were my best batch so far!! and that her husband (who doesn''t like sweets) ate TWO. that is seriously high praise, i was beaming.

freke, how about i just be your cupcake sampler? i mean you need one of those right?

i picked up my first cupcake book the other night at the store...crazy for cupcakes. also i got a 4.98 special on ''americna bake sale'' recipes with a ton of fabulous baking recipes for charity. and i placed an order last nite on amazon for 3 more books (vegan cupcakes take over the world; king arthur''s baking companion; and the sweet melissa baking book)...all three came highly recommended from baking and cupcake bloggers. they shipped today, i am so excited.

anyway that''s my cupcake/baking update for now. my fab visitor and i have been doing a ton of fun stuff, carmel today and la fondue tonite...and then SF tomorrow meeting some girlfriends and then ''cupcake crawling'' to two bakeries in SF. and we visited a bakery yesterday and got a ''peanut butter cupcake''...which we have yet to sample!! so much dessert, so little time!!

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
i love this thread! mara your mint chocolate cupcakes looked divine...and belle...I NEED THAT PINK LEMONAIDE RECIPE!!!!

this thread should have been up this summer when i was preggers and baking cupcakes like a mad woman! Not so much anymore. I just dont have the energy to mess up my kitchen on a regular basis...its kinda sad, sushi for dinner happens several times a week, because between the homemade baby food and formula making i dont have any energy to clean the counters after baking. so keep posting pics here and who knows...i will either start baking again or head to sprinkles!

The martha stewart show- i saw part of this at the Dr''s office. they had these meyer lemon cupcakes that were hollowed out with an apple corer. they looked heavenly! The lady was from a new cupcake bakery in santa monica. i swear i live way too close to all these bakeries!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
*nuts* (anyone have an emoticon of a smiley kicking and screaming?)
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/5/2008 5:06:39 AM
Author: monarch64
*nuts* (anyone have an emoticon of a smiley kicking and screaming?)
9.gif
gaah.gif
tantrum.gif
boohoo1.gif

There you go Monnie!

Mara, the cakes turned out really well, but I would use a little less flour next time. I used the amounts specified and the cakes were great, but I would prefer them to be a little more moist, so I need to do some fiddling to get them right.

But they are vanishing rapidly!
hehe23.gif
Glad your visitor loved them!
bat%20eyes3.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bless you, Lorelei. And thank you. Fffff you freaking cupcakers are about to make my head explode with envy!!!!

face16.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
OK, so after following this thread for the last couple weeks, I had to jump on the cupcake train. Last night I made red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting--16 big ones and 24 little ones. They came out pretty tasty--I''m terrible at remembering to take pictures, but I''ll try to get a snapshot so I can stick it up on this thread (although they''re nowhere near as pretty as some of the ones people have posted--I need to take a cake decorating class!)

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Had to share a photo of my tasty little carrot cupcake treats! They''re sweet and yummy and oh-so-cute, but are they ever time-consuming!
2.gif

ellas_cakes.JPG

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/5/2008 11:21:19 AM
Author: ladypirate
OK, so after following this thread for the last couple weeks, I had to jump on the cupcake train. Last night I made red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting--16 big ones and 24 little ones. They came out pretty tasty--I''m terrible at remembering to take pictures, but I''ll try to get a snapshot so I can stick it up on this thread (although they''re nowhere near as pretty as some of the ones people have posted--I need to take a cake decorating class!)
Good for you LP!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
You know with the decorating, I always think the simplest designs look the best!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/5/2008 11:23:44 AM
Author: ellaila
Had to share a photo of my tasty little carrot cupcake treats! They''re sweet and yummy and oh-so-cute, but are they ever time-consuming!
2.gif
Before I left my house, I had to comment on your gorgeous twins Ellaila!!!! What darling darling beautiful baby''s!!!
30.gif
Love their cupcake onsies. hehe
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
cute kiddies ela...!

so i tried the peanut butter cuppie last nite, WAY too rich and peanut buttery chocolatey. could be that i just had a huge dinner with fondue chocolate dessert before and wasn''t in the mood, but i was like WOW this is crazy rich.

the red velvet, seriously what are these SUPPOSED to taste like ? they are moist and dense but it''s so hard to actually pinpoint a ''flavor'' from them.

the banana is still my fave thus far from these two places. we are going to SF today to hit up 2 cupcakeries so we''ll see what else we find hehee.

ladyp, post pictures! and lorelei, interesting but i followed the recipe this time and did what it said re: snickerdoodles and the cakes were SO out of control puffy...i think that 1 tblsp baking powder HAS to be wrong. and yes i felt like a little too much flour too. so next time much less bp and maybe a little less flour. mine were still very moist but they puffed up so crazy i had a lot of spillage whereas last week i didn''t have that problem at all.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh and fisher...yep those choco ones are the ones i was making when I got the text re TTot! too funny huh!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/5/2008 12:24:44 PM
Author: Mara
cute kiddies ela...!

so i tried the peanut butter cuppie last nite, WAY too rich and peanut buttery chocolatey. could be that i just had a huge dinner with fondue chocolate dessert before and wasn''t in the mood, but i was like WOW this is crazy rich.

the red velvet, seriously what are these SUPPOSED to taste like ? they are moist and dense but it''s so hard to actually pinpoint a ''flavor'' from them.

the banana is still my fave thus far from these two places. we are going to SF today to hit up 2 cupcakeries so we''ll see what else we find hehee.

ladyp, post pictures! and lorelei, interesting but i followed the recipe this time and did what it said re: snickerdoodles and the cakes were SO out of control puffy...i think that 1 tblsp baking powder HAS to be wrong. and yes i felt like a little too much flour too. so next time much less bp and maybe a little less flour. mine were still very moist but they puffed up so crazy i had a lot of spillage whereas last week i didn''t have that problem at all.
I thought that was a heck of a lot of BP too, so I used one tsp. I think it may have been the flour making them a little more dense, so I will cut back a little more next time. But they were still yummo!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results