shape
carat
color
clarity

Purple & Green wedding colors...ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
So, fiance wants more modern green/white color combo. I, on the other hand, really love purple/lavendar/anything in that family. Can we make it work?

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
Definitely. Purple tulips are purple and green and are gorgeous. I will try to find some pics of a wedding we went to that used purple with green -- a spring wedding in Seattle with tulips everywhere. It was lovely. Might be a good idea to pick a metallic or a third color or just use white as the 3rd color to give you more flexibility.

ETA: sorry i missed the first part about white with green.

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
To show you what I mean, I like this...

purple flowers.jpg

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
this..

purple bouquet1.jpg

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
this

purple bouquet2.jpg

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
Where I think he''d like something more along the lines of this..

green centerpiece1.jpg

crystalheart1

Brilliant_Rock
I wonder if it is a "guy" thing. I was at the flower show with my FI and told him I like the purple, lavender, mix and he said we should add green .

Maybe the purples alone seem too femine to them.. I am also liking the bright green and purple combo.
One question.. do we have to carry our wedding colors over to the invitations?

The invitations I like are black and light brown with bronze. There is a purple and lavender invitation like it too..
Sorry to thread jack...

Can these color ( purple and green ) look funny for a winter wedding ? I would go with dark purple and bright green..

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
It may be a guy thing...

It also doesn''t help that I am slightly colorblind...not that I can''t see colors, but I get mixed up between colors that are really close..like blues and purples in similar hues, or black vs. dark brown clothing (i often have to ask people in stores what color it really is!)

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhhh I love all those flowers

crystalheart1

Brilliant_Rock
I also love the really dark purple and dark red combo..very sexy and dramatic.

It all depends on the look you are going for,, modern, romantic, elegant, dramatic..etc

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE purple tulips! Purple and green were going to be our colors if tulips were in season for our wedding. As much as I love the color combo though, I think if you use too much purple (especially lilac or lavender) and can look overly girly, frilly, or dated. I would keep the purples to the flowers (love all the ones posted) and small accents, and maybe do green and white for the fabrics (dresses, etc).

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those were our colours! Varying shades of greens and purples with ivory. It ended up mostly green in the decorations with us wearing purple with green accents. Green just looked great on the tables and not so hot on us, but the two (or 12 or so shades we had) looked great together!

justwondering

Rough_Rock
green with a few vibrant purple accents would look amazing. I''d be careful with lavender though, as pastels can get tricky with bright greens.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/2/2008 2:52:31 PM
Author: rockzilla
To show you what I mean, I like this...
Oh no, do the flowers not come over when you quote, because I love all of these flowers, well except for the green, green ones, those not so much, but anyway, the flowers in the third post down, that look like hydrangeas, are those hydrangeas or something else? Because I thought I saw something similar recently but they were not hydrangeas . . . they were actually something else? No? Does anyone know what I am talking about? I LOVE flowers!!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is rockzilla''s purple bouquet 2 from above:

What are the deep purple flowers on the farthest right?

rockzillas purplebouquet 2.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a ton of pics, I think. I''ll post them for you soon! Here is a "collared" BM g bouquet (the collar is the greens at the base).

RZ BMbouquet1.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2008 4:51:00 PM
Author: Loves Vintage
This is rockzilla''s purple bouquet 2 from above:

What are the deep purple flowers on the farthest right?
THe blue-y ones that are clustered are hydrangea. If we are talking about the same flowers.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
OMG, Stop the Presses
30.gif

That second picture of the bouquet in the water is exactly what my daughter has been trying to articulate but we haven''t been able to do so. Well, that and she changed her mind a lot.

Gypsy, how much should someone expect to pay for that bouquet??
22.gif

Rockzilla,
I love you so much right now I could squeeze your guts out
9.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2008 2:54:18 PM
this..
purple%20bouquet1.jpg

This one? I can't see what's in there exactly to tell you right off the bat. Let me see if they have it on the knot, and give me a list of flowers that go in it.

Miracles-- what season is your/her wedding? Some of those are season dependent. Especially those tulips (if those are tulipos and I'm seeing them correctly-- the fushia flowers). THe could be peonies as well... they actually look like both... anyway, BOTH are season dependent. If she's in September or October or late August she's gonna be SOL for that EXACT bouquet. Other flowers can be substituted though. The dark DARK purple look like tulips too. This is a late spring bouquet, really.. early summer.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
July 25, 2008 D-day....

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
The grape hyacynth are going to be a problem too. Just about the only things in that bouquet that's COMPLETLY doable out of season are the purple orchids, the iris and the lysianthus (and I can't even SEE the orchids in there). .

Here's an alternate pic of the EXACT same bouquet.

http://weddings.theknot.com/ODB/themes/realweddings/detailview.aspx?id=3691&type=3%2c11&wedding_details=Bridal+Bouquets%2cBridesmaid+Bouquets%2ccenterpieces&colors=purple&flowers=20071003&pageindex=2

Here's the description: a richly colored bouquet including purple dendrobium orchids, purple tulips, lisianthus, grape hyacinths, irises, dark blue viburnum tinus berries, and peacock feathers. The bouquet also included rosemary....

It's gonna depend on flower ability. In season? I'd say 200 max. Out of season. You could pay up to and exceed 400 for that bouquet (the grape hyacinth will cost you an arm and four legs) for the EXACT bouquet.

Here's the link to the first pic:

http://weddings.theknot.com/ODB/themes/realweddings/detailview.aspx?id=3695&type=3%2c11&wedding_details=Bridal+Bouquets%2cBridesmaid+Bouquets%2ccenterpieces&colors=purple&flowers=20071003&pageindex=2

Miracles Bridal Bouquet1.jpg

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
My wedding is mid-August in SoCal - any suggestions for specific flowers?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2008 6:06:36 PM
My wedding is mid-August in SoCal - any suggestions for specific flowers?

There are quite a few flowers available to you then. But some of the soft fragrant purples aren't. Liliacs, hyacinth, grape hyacinth are all out... some tulips will likely cost you a LOT at that time too.

Hydrangeas, geen and white and purple are fabulous. As long as you are early to mid august, you can probably still get GORGEOUS white peonies. There are a lot of flowers available. Just keep posting pics of looks you want, if you find one that REALLY speaks to you, then we'll start checking flower availability.

Roses, orchids are available year round. You could go eggplant callas and purple cymbidiums for some really beautiful purples. I'd keep those contained to you bouquet though unless you have a REALLY healthy flower budget, or a REALLY small wedding. Or best, a combo of both.
2.gif

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Purple is my most favorite color in the whole world, so DH didn''t even bother arguing when I announced that would be our primary wedding color too.
2.gif
For bouquets and corsages, I did shades of purple with touches of deep red, but I think green works really nicely with purple too. For centerpieces, I actually went with all white flowers (hydrangeas on some tables, calla lillies/tulips on others) against a deep red/purple tablecloth, because I thought it looked nicer with the ballroom decor. So that might be a compromise your FI would be okay with... you get the bouquets you want, he gets more say over the centerpieces.

My bouquet, for reference:

EphFlowers1a.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2008 6:05:12 PM
Author: Gypsy
The grape hyacynth are going to be a problem too. Just about the only things in that bouquet that''s COMPLETLY doable out of season are the purple orchids, the iris and the lysianthus (and I can''t even SEE the orchids in there). .

Here''s an alternate pic of the EXACT same bouquet.

http://weddings.theknot.com/ODB/themes/realweddings/detailview.aspx?id=3691&type=3%2c11&wedding_details=Bridal+Bouquets%2cBridesmaid+Bouquets%2ccenterpieces&colors=purple&flowers=20071003&pageindex=2

Here''s the description: a richly colored bouquet including purple dendrobium orchids, purple tulips, lisianthus, grape hyacinths, irises, dark blue viburnum tinus berries, and peacock feathers. The bouquet also included rosemary....

It''s gonna depend on flower ability. In season? I''d say 200 max. Out of season. You could pay up to and exceed 400 for that bouquet (the grape hyacinth will cost you an arm and four legs) for the EXACT bouquet.

Here''s the link to the first pic:

http://weddings.theknot.com/ODB/themes/realweddings/detailview.aspx?id=3695&type=3%2c11&wedding_details=Bridal+Bouquets%2cBridesmaid+Bouquets%2ccenterpieces&colors=purple&flowers=20071003&pageindex=2
Gonna have to revise that to a SPRING bouquet. Period. Even early summer you may not be able to get those grape hyacinth. And they are EVERYWHERE in that bouquet.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2008 6:16:35 PM
Author: ephemery1
Purple is my most favorite color in the whole world, so DH didn't even bother arguing when I announced that would be our primary wedding color too.
2.gif
For bouquets and corsages, I did shades of purple with touches of deep red, but I think green works really nicely with purple too. For centerpieces, I actually went with all white flowers (hydrangeas on some tables, calla lillies/tulips on others) against a deep red/purple tablecloth, because I thought it looked nicer with the ballroom decor. So that might be a compromise your FI would be okay with... you get the bouquets you want, he gets more say over the centerpieces.

Ephemery, when was your wedding date hon? You've got the grape hyacynth and some tulips in there. Plus some lovely purple callas? I have always loved your bouquet. And some anemones too...

Spring wedding?

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
And not the best shot of the centerpieces, but the only one I''ve got downloaded right now. HTH!
1.gif

EphHotelFlowers1.gif

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/2/2008 6:17:31 PM

Purple is my most favorite color in the whole world, so DH didn''t even bother arguing when I announced that would be our primary wedding color too.
2.gif

Ephemery, when was your wedding date hon? You''ve got the grape hyacynth and some tulips in there. Plus some lovely purple callas? I have always loved your bouquet.
May 5th on the East Coast (Philly)... I gave my florist free reign to do her thing (just told her the colors I wanted, and specified no roses/carnations/etc) and she did a great job. You are sweet... that''s a high compliment coming from the reigning flower queen of PS!
9.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Gypsy!!
35.gif

I am going to google Hyacinth, since I haven''t a clue. I think bride has finally chosen to do what ephemery1 did and use mainly ivory in the centerpieces and most of her deep reddish purple for the bouquet. We are getting closer and closer to making definative choices.
36.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2008 6:20:30 PM

Date: 4/2/2008 6:17:31 PM

Purple is my most favorite color in the whole world, so DH didn't even bother arguing when I announced that would be our primary wedding color too.
2.gif

Ephemery, when was your wedding date hon? You've got the grape hyacynth and some tulips in there. Plus some lovely purple callas? I have always loved your bouquet.
May 5th on the East Coast (Philly)... I gave my florist free reign to do her thing (just told her the colors I wanted, and specified no roses/carnations/etc) and she did a great job. You are sweet... that's a high compliment coming from the reigning flower queen of PS!
9.gif
Spiring. or SUPER early summer. I thought so.

LOL at the reigning flower comment. Your florist did a fabulous job. Beautful!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results