shape
carat
color
clarity

Crooked martini settings??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
let me start off by saying that i''ve joined the ACA martini studs club and it was a pleasure working with WF.

i was very excited to see my new sparklies...however, upon examination of the studs, i noticed that the heads of the studs are crooked/tilted (not linear/aligned with the posts). so, all you martini stud owners out there, are the heads of your studs tilted and not straight too? i''m wondering if the settings (i got the handmade ones) are supposed to be like that or if something went wrong during the setting process. i''ve sent an email to my rep at WF informing her of my concerns but i wanted to see if any fellow club members notice anything weird with their settings.

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
here''s a picture of what i''m talking about...

crooked1.jpg

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Well, I definitely don''t think they''re supposed to be like that. Once WF gets your email, I''m sure they will take care of it. Are they both tilted like that?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
One of mine is slightly, not sure if it''s as much as yours. I just decided to live with it, rather than send it back.

Let us know what they say.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
*they* (whoever they is) that handmade isn't always perfect, but, i'd want them to be eyeclean straight but i am also one of the very picky one's here. i'm sure WF would fix it for you if it's bothering you.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i''m kinda thinking that''s a risk with ''handmade''. i also tried the ''handmade'' studs and mine were both crooked. i also found the posts to be extremely uncomfortable (they were bigger than the regular posts). if the crooked bothers you, i would suggest getting the regular stock setting. i am much, much happier with the stock setting. i found that handmade was not for me.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2008 9:50:03 AM
Author: belle
i''m kinda thinking that''s a risk with ''handmade''. i also tried the ''handmade'' studs and mine were both crooked. i also found the posts to be extremely uncomfortable (they were bigger than the regular posts). if the crooked bothers you, i would suggest getting the regular stock setting. i am much, much happier with the stock setting. i found that handmade was not for me.
Really? I didn''t notice anything with the size of the post....

35.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2008 9:55:36 AM
Author: Ellen

35.gif
no, not really.... i made that part up for dramatic effect.
11.gif

yes, of course really! again, i am guessing that was part of the ''handmade''. maybe not all of them have noticeably bigger posts but mine sure did. i put the earrings on and could not figure out why my ears were BURNING. my first thought was that i suddenly became allergic to wg. i took them out and put my old earrings in.....nothing. i tried the new handmade martini''s again and....BURN. i did notice that they were harder to put in my ear, so i started really examining the post and it *seemed* bigger. of course i didn''t want to trust my eyes (they already told me the settings were crooked too!
37.gif
) so i tried to figure out a way to ''measure'' that small diameter. being the crafty (literally) person that i am, i had some clay leftover from a project that i used to make an impression of the post holes. low and behold.....the impressions of the handmade settings were noticeably bigger.
39.gif
wf confirmed it when i sent them back. i can''t remember the exact difference but it was enough. i definitely didn''t want to stretch my piercings for them!

35.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2008 10:14:45 AM

Date: 4/2/2008 9:55:36 AM
Author: Ellen

35.gif
no, not really.... i made that part up for dramatic effect.
11.gif

35.gif
lol.gif
slap4.gif

Well it does sound like yours were too big. Maybe they were a fluke. Or maybe I already stretched my piercings out with the previous screwbacks I had.
11.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Interesting! And we always think of ''handmade'' as better. Maybe not then, in this case.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is, at most, a minor screw up in quality control. It is very fixable. Too bad it happened, but it can quickly be made right. Hhandmade is not any sort of excuse for made crooked. It is minor, but you have taken the prefect picture to show what is wrong. I am sure they will correct it.

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for the replies, everyone. they are both tilted like that. one more than the other but it''s obvious with both. one of the stones looks like it''s set reeaally close to the setting--the cutlet almost looks like it''s touching the metal but there may be a teeny bit of a space (a hair maybe...or half). with the other stud i can see some air between the cutlet and setting. i''m going to talk to WF today.

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Sugarplum, those absolutely aren''t right, and we want to make them right for you. You should have a reply from Vera with a label in your inbox to get them back to us at our expense to rectify this promptly for you.

Let me know what else we can do to help.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I need to see more photos of the martini settings. Your''s kinda curve up around the stone but all the other 3 prongs I''ve seen have been quite straight prongs. I like them! Good luck getting the settings fixed.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a set of non-handmade martinis, that were straight when I received them, but once I''ve worn them to sleep in, and basically do everything in, one of the studs has very slightly bent over time.

I''ve only had them reset about a year, so it could just be that the post is too long, and when/if you sleep on them, it cause some torque to the setting?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have the handmade martini settings by WF and mine are straight. I''m sure they''ll fix them quickly for you.

DiamondGirlHH

Shiny_Rock
I think also depends on the metal and the size of the diamonds because where the post connects to the diamond setting is a very small area so easy to bend if not careful. I guess handmade pieces have more room for an error but not an excuse for a quality control before delivering to the customer.

It''s an easy fix so they should not have an issue correcting it for you.

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/2/2008 4:51:03 PM
Author: Allison D.
Sugarplum, those absolutely aren''t right, and we want to make them right for you. You should have a reply from Vera with a label in your inbox to get them back to us at our expense to rectify this promptly for you.

Let me know what else we can do to help.
thanks alj. i had emailed katie last night and received a call from vera first thing this morning. i have no doubts that WF will effectively and efficiently resolve the issues with my studs and jackets (did i mention i joined the jacket club at the same time? sorry PSers, no eye candy til i get them back).

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
just wanted to give a quick update and thank the WF team for their efforts and excellent customer service. WF corrected all the issues with my earrings. i had to send them back twice to get everything fixed and squared away but WF was very apologetic and made sure i was happy with the final product.

there''s no doubt that WF is a favorite on this forum but they definitely work to earn and maintain their reputation. kudos to WF!

dutchflowers

Rough_Rock
Glad to hear everything worked out. Do you have more photos? Can''t wait to see them!
21.gif

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
here''s a pic of the fixed product. the post seems a little shorter than the original but i guess that''ll prevent them from poking.

straight2.JPG

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
That looks beautiful! Would love to see a shot with the jackets, too.

Jen

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Thank you! They are lovely earrings. I hope you enjoy them.

Jen

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look beautiful! I''m glad that WF got them all fixed up for you.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/24/2008 2:10:27 PM
Author: Addy
They look beautiful! I''m glad that WF got them all fixed up for you.
Ditto.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results