shape
carat
color
clarity

Sparkalicious'' new Simon G engagement ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw, congratulations on your engagement! Your ring is beautiful!

lotsofsparkle

Shiny_Rock
Congrats Sparkalicious! We are diamond twins! I loved your story and your ring is beautiful!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Wow! How exciting! Thanks for all the great comments everyone! I think it is so fantastic that you have all taken the time to read that monster of a post and to share my happiness and excitement with me!

Thanks again, bee*
35.gif

Lorelei -
Thank you! Fab AND stunning ... Wow!
36.gif

DandiAndi -- Thanks for sharing in my excitement! Woohoooooooo!!!!! indeed!
9.gif
So glad you like it!

MrsS - What a great compliment! Thanks for stopping by to share!
35.gif
It was a sweet proposal. I never did have a "perfect" proposal scenario planned out, however, if there was one to be had ... this was IT for me!
28.gif
I just felt so special. It was truly fabulous. I''m waiting with bated breath to see your completed DK beauty. I know you are going to take some amazing pics to share with us!

Honey22 - Thanks!!!!
4.gif
Glad you like my new pretty! About time ... tell me about it!
20.gif
Worth the wait though ... for sure! I know someone else who should be getting their ring pretty shortly ...
27.gif
Right? Huh, huh?

Sapphire Cutie - Thank you so much! I''m touched that you took the time to read our story and to comment. It was worth the wait. I''m so happy! I certainly intend on wearing this bad boy in happiness and health ... in fact ... I have been so sick for the past week or so and I can tell you I felt a lot better after my fiance slid that ring on my finger. Miraculous, really.
25.gif

designchica

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! very sparkly!
36.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sparks!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! 14 years???!!!! Gosh, you deserve that beautiful ring!!!!!! It is gorgeous!
30.gif
And I love the proposal letter...what a treasure! (If it was me, I''d take it and have a color copy made to keep with me and put the original in a safety deposit box!)

louisvgirl

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement. 14 years wow...you so deserve it..he seems like a very special guy with a special letter....I loved it!....... you must be on cloud nine....

Your ring in beautiful.....Congrats!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it!
30.gif
Yippee!
36.gif
It is beautful and original and stunning! Perfect proposal, perfect ring, how great!

What type of band will you wear with it? It could stand on its own for sure.

I have another question though, one woman to another, tell me: how did you not jump on him and demand the ring as soon as you knew he had it? I think I would have lasted about 2 seconds before I went mental.
26.gif
Unless I missed something, you waited almost 4 months knowing the ring was in his hot little hands... or am I wrong? How did you last?? And please don't say, "I waited 14 years what's 4 more months??" The difference is that for the last four months he had that amazing ring and you had to wait to put it on your hand and prance around with it! (I would prance, I don't know about you, but that ring deserves a little prancing IMHO. Try it, I bet it will feel just right. You know you want to.)

DD

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Ellen - Thank you! The profile IS scrumptious, isn''t it?!!
18.gif
My goodness, what a great idea about framing the letter. I will definitely look into that and make sure it is special glass. I would love to be able to share this letter with any children that we may have. It just does such a great job of actually capturing and encapsulating one special moment in time for us. Thanks for the suggestion!! I was thinking of laminating it but I really didn''t want to ruin it in anyway.

777_Ldy - Thank you so much!!
36.gif
I''m so glad you think the ring is beautiful and appreciate the congrats! I cannot wait to see that beauty you are cooking up with WF. It looks like it is going to be divine!
30.gif

Maisie - Much appreciated! Thanks for sending congrats for us. It''s just so exciting to have so many people be interested and happy for us. I''ve been excited about "us" and this time in our lives but it is just so uplifting to come onto PS as well and have such great community support and people taking time to admire my ring and wish us well. Thanks again!

Michelle - You''re so great! Thanks for the kind words and for taking the time to drop me a line. I was beside myself with excitement posting these pics and the story to share with everyone. It makes it all worth it when people actually stop to pay attention. Thanks! Now ... since the ring is all in order ... does this mean I should still moving forward with a tsav?
31.gif

Ahappygirl - I love your name. Too cute! Thank you, kindly!
35.gif
I think that we actually do make a wonderful pair. His strengths are my weaknesses etc and quite honestly ... he''s just amazing so I''m very lucky ... He''s cute too! so that doesn''t hurt.
25.gif

Marcyc - My WWT friend ... I''m so happy you liked our little story. It was nothing elaborate (thank goodness) but it was really special and just perfect to me! Thanks for the congrats!

luckynumber7 - I could hear those magic words forever! We were contemplating going a little bigger with a 1.5 ct center stone but that was really pushing the budget considering we wanted to stay within the D - F range and VS range. I think it''s okay that we didn''t though b/c the size is really good ... for now.
27.gif
Never know when DSS will sneak up and bite you in the wallet, though, right?
31.gif
The setting is really unique. That''s just the way I wanted it. I didn''t want to have an engagement ring that looked like everyone else''s ... I didn''t want one that looked like it belonged in a Circus freakshow either so I think we stumbled upon the perfect compromise.
9.gif
It really has all the elements, which I found that I loved in several different types of settings. I love the split shank and the channel bridge of diamonds and love a detailed crown and prongs. Thanks for the 2 x congrats and the great compliments!
36.gif

Eaglesgal - The ring may be fantabulous but your kitty is just TOO adorable. What a sweetie! Thanks so much taking a look! I do have a wonderful man and I''m SUPER happy! I just don''t know if it gets much better than this.
4.gif

SanDiegoLady - Thank you so much! I''m so glad you like it. The detail work is just so delicate in real life. I was just taking a look at the pictures again ... if you can imagine that
20.gif
and I can''t believe how "big" the details look and how well the camera picks them up. In real life, the milgraining, for example, is so fine and well done that it is a subtle detail and doesn''t jump out at you like it does in the pictures. Thanks again for stopping in to share some praise.
35.gif

Dani - Thank you! I am SOO happy for us as well! It touches me that you read the story and enjoyed it. Thank you for that! I feel as though I really shared a piece of "us" with everyone so it''s nice that that was not lost to those who took the time to read. You are always so encouraging and supportive. I always am hopeful that you will respond to my posts .... I appreciate it and am so grateful for your compliments ... Thanks again!
36.gif

Canuk-gal - Thanks for the WOW AND the congrats!
30.gif
Made my day!

Mamie - My e-date twin! Congrats on your engagement as well!
36.gif
It really does feel surreal. I am just overflowing with emotion! Can you believe that I didn''t cry when he was proposing yet ... as of yesterday ... the smallest thing can set me off! This is going to be a looooong wedding planning process if I keep up with those shenanigans!

Skippy - I''m so happy you stopped in! It just wouldn''t have been the same without your stamp of approval. I''m glad you loved it. Thank you!!

Gummybear - I''m so overwhelmed. It''s amazing how great everyone has been. Why, thank you very much for reading the story and I''m glad you enjoyed it! I intend on having that letter forever! It is a treasure.

Lauren - Thank you very much! YES! It was well worth the wait ... Now, I have a bone to pick with you. I spent my afternoon looking at your gorgeous Italy pictures and pretending I was there. I sent my fiance the link to your thread and said ... "Guess where we are going!" .... It looks as though you had a fantastic time w/ your hubby!
36.gif
Glad you enjoyed it!

Linda - I love the GAWWWWWWGEOUS! ... Actually, I think I will steal it when my friends ask me about what my ring looks like ... I will tell them just that ...
9.gif

What a great compliment ... It''s fantastic that you think it looks beautiful on my hand. I''m still getting used to it and sometimes think ... hmmm nice ring ... then I remember ... IT''s MINE!
9.gif
1.gif
9.gif

Mike - We are blessed ... THANK you!
4.gif
You know what ... I don''t know about what needs to be done if we need to replate the white gold given that there is the yellow gold accent detail ... If I find out, I will be sure to let you know! Good question!

Jenn5504 - The profile showcasing the full view of the diamond is EXACTLY what made me swoon about this setting. I love that you love that was well! It is incredible to finally get to wear it. It has been finished since December and only got to see the setting by itself and the diamond by itself but never together ... I''m really pleased with how they turned out to look together!

ImpatientOne - Thanks so much!
35.gif
Your ring is one of my favorites. It is just so beautiful so I am honored that you think that my ring is gorgeous as well. Thanks!

Akmiss - You aren''t kidding ... Good things do appear to come to those who wait. Unfortunately for me, I''m really impatient most of the time. I''m certainly glad I wasn''t this time.
25.gif
Thanks for reading the story. I know it was super long! I didn''t realize how long until I was actually finished and had posted it!
6.gif

Violet3 - You almost cried! Don''t do that b/c you wouldn''t be doing it alone. I''ve turned into a weeping fool. I''ve got to find the "OFF" button. It''s horrible!
39.gif
You know what ... I too "secretly" love the fact that I was in my jammies as well. It kind of makes it more "fun" or at least more "real life". Thank you so much for reading and for the wonderful congrats!

Legacygirl - Yum, indeed! I love it! I know you know how that feels given that you just got your very own beautiful sparkly to wear!
36.gif
Thank you very much. I''m so glad you think that it is pretty!
1.gif

Pixley - A fellow Canadian!
35.gif
Thanks for the congrats! I love the WHOA! Wish you could see it in person. It really just looks incredible. Thanks for the great compliments. I really appreciate it!

Coati - I know, huh! He made me wait.
29.gif
I was paranoid that people would think I was lying when it took forever for him to actually give it to me!
20.gif
When my diamond collection grows up, it wants to be just like yours! This ring is a step in the right direction ... A baby step, but a step all the same!
25.gif

Yay! You love my ring! That is no small praise ... thank you! Yes, the yellow gold is great for exactly that reason ... it matches all my other jewelry. I''m still surprised that it really doesn''t stand out that much though. Now, I will have to point out to people ... No, no, I don''t clash ... Look right here, there is yellow gold detail in this ring! ... You think I''m kidding?! I''ll do it. Watch me.
38.gif
25.gif

I LOVE the happy dance! Thank you and yes, that does look eerily similar to me.
I''m glad I could solve the mystery for you!

Tacori E-ring - Thank you very much! I appreciate it. I just love your new avatar pic as well. Your baby is precious.
30.gif

Isis~Goddess - Finger coverage! If those aren''t magical words of beauty!! ... yes, I''m really happy that for a not huge stone, it really looks like a great size on my finger. I love the GAD ZUKES! That''s exactly how I felt. Thanks for the compliments and I''m so glad you like my new sparkly!
36.gif
36.gif

Sera - I know how much you love Simon G so I''m so glad you can appreciate the yellow gold detailing. Thanks for reading our story and for the praise. Like you, I was debating whether or not to go with one of the pink gold settings but I decided to stick with the yellow gold since it matches all my other jewelry. Maybe a pink gold accented Simon G ring can be left for later on ... a right hand ring, maybe??
31.gif

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! Thank you for sharing your story and your sparkley ring pics.
1.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
"I want to spend the rest of my life with you, marry you, love you and do all that I can to take care of you and make you happy. You just need to say yes and allow me to try. I love you."

So beautiful!!! Yes, that is definitely a proposal of marriage. No doubt about it. Tell your FI he did well. Congratulations to both of you, and good luck with the rest of your lives!!
35.gif

Oh, and the ring!!! That is beautiful, too! Wear it in good health.
1.gif

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
congratulations! what a gorgeous ring, and what detailing! beautiful
36.gif

seahorsegurl

Rough_Rock
Congratulations! And, I love the subtle two tone look with all of the details...

mskatee

Rough_Rock
Your story was so touching it almost made me cry! Your ring is beautiful! Congrats!!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Diamond*Dana - Thank you so much!! I know it''s not your style yet you were also so supportive when I was contemplating whether or not we had made the right choice with this setting. Thanks so much for that. It was appreciated!

lotsofsparkle - Diamond twins! Is there anything better? Double the fun! So glad you were so kind as to read the story and that you loved it. Thank you!

Designchica - Congratulations to you as well ... I left a note for you in your thread as well. LOVELY ring! I love that cushion!
30.gif

Diamondseeker - Thank you! I''m so glad you like the ring.
14 years! I know!
20.gif
Want to hear something even worse ... we''ve been long distance that ENTIRE time!
Actually, in all honesty, it really doesn''t feel so long. We met when we were younger and we both had a lot of life to live. We both accomplished personal goals, graduate school etc and now that that is all taken care of ... it''s the perfect time to forge ahead and start making our family and building our life together ... in the SAME place.
Thanks for the suggestion about color copying the letter. That''s a great idea! Ellen made a great suggestion too so I''m not sure which I will go through with. I think that maybe a combo of the the two. Maybe I will make a color copy and frame it and then place the original in a safe deposit box?? I really would be horrified if anything happened to it!
23.gif

louisvgirl - I am on cloud nine. Thanks so much for the kind words and the congrats. He is a very special guy. I''m going to have to take it easy on the praise though ... it might start going to his head. He''s been checking out this thread and I think he is pretty impressed with himself.
20.gif
25.gif

Dreamer_dachsie - Beautiful, original AND stunning. WOW!
9.gif
Thanks DD! What great compliments!
36.gif
Thank you for reading our story!

GREAT QUESTION about the band!
33.gif
I was going to ask you guys about what type of band to wear with it. I know that it could stand on its own but I REALLY WANT a band to wear with it. I was thinking a thinner eternity type band?? * Do you have any ideas?* I welcome any suggestions you would like to share.

Okay ... one woman to another. How did I not jump on him and demand the ring?! Well I think that passive aggressiveness had a lot to do with curbing my strong violent urges.
27.gif

Actually, my jeweler has been fantastic. We picked out the diamond in October or November, I think and then the setting was ready in December. While I was waiting for my setting, our jeweler, Mary from Gemological Trading Corp in Seattle (FAB, by the way) encouraged me to take advantage of my visitation rights and come and play with my diamond. When my setting came in, I got to see it as well but I never got to see them together until this past weekend when he proposed.

It has been really hard waiting, however, the anticipation has been fun. I know that Mary had the ring for the majority of the time and he just picked it up last week, I believe so it''s not like he had it around the house, which, funnily enough, I think would have driven me NUTS!
With regards to the prancing ... You have no idea, sister. You better believe I did a special little happy dance prance. My fiance just shook his head because, knowing me so well, he expected no less. Poor guy, I wonder if he is regretting what he has now officially signed himself up for!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2008 10:45:33 PM
Author: Sparkalicious
Dreamer_dachsie - Beautiful, original AND stunning. WOW!
9.gif
Thanks DD! What great compliments!
36.gif
Thank you for reading our story!

GREAT QUESTION about the band!
33.gif
I was going to ask you guys about what type of band to wear with it. I know that it could stand on its own but I REALLY WANT a band to wear with it. I was thinking a thinner eternity type band?? * Do you have any ideas?* I welcome any suggestions you would like to share.

Okay ... one woman to another. How did I not jump on him and demand the ring?! Well I think that passive aggressiveness had a lot to do with curbing my strong violent urges.
27.gif

Actually, my jeweler has been fantastic. We picked out the diamond in October or November, I think and then the setting was ready in December. While I was waiting for my setting, our jeweler, Mary from Gemological Trading Corp in Seattle (FAB, by the way) encouraged me to take advantage of my visitation rights and come and play with my diamond. When my setting came in, I got to see it as well but I never got to see them together until this past weekend when he proposed.

It has been really hard waiting, however, the anticipation has been fun. I know that Mary had the ring for the majority of the time and he just picked it up last week, I believe so it''s not like he had it around the house, which, funnily enough, I think would have driven me NUTS!
With regards to the prancing ... You have no idea, sister. You better believe I did a special little happy dance prance. My fiance just shook his head because, knowing me so well, he expected no less. Poor guy, I wonder if he is regretting what he has now officially signed himself up for!
Ideas... If it were me, I would get one of those super-duper thin pave bands I think, Beverly K has some that are like 1.3mm. Maybe that isn''t substantial enough? So Maybe 2mm? But I think I would do something dainty so that it really contrasts with the thicker shank of the e-ring. You''d have to play around with proportions. I saw somewhere on here a person with a 4mm e-ring and a 1.5mm pave band and it looked awesome... maybe you can try for something the same width as the rows of pave that go down the sides of your ring? That would be cool...

OK, so I get the picture about the delay. Here''s another question... why did he wait so long? Just curious... my hubby planned to take me out to dinner and do something romantic and then got too excited and ran up the stairs and proposed while I was still in bed. He couldn''t wait! Was your FI.AN.CE enjoying tormenting you? (haha you have a Fianceee...I always said it like Elaine in that episode where they went to a party and the woman kept saying, "Where is my fianceee, my poor fianceee! My poor baby!" and then Elaine said, "Maybe the dingos ate your baby" with an aussie accent. You should try it, people will look at you funny but that is ok, just flash you ring and blind them) My hubby really really likes to torment me, it is a little pervese actually.

And here is a thread-jack... do you live in Vancouver? I grew up there until after undergrad when I moved out east for grad school... did you do grad school too? Thought I read that.

DD

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
You are MOST welcome, Miss Rocks. I should say, thank you for reading and appreciating the story and ring pics.

Fly Girl - Love the new avatar pic. That pendant is fabulous ... I forgot to mention in your thread that the yellow gold looks so sumptuous with the stones. It''s lovely!
Okay, okay ... so you''re quicker on the uptake than I am.
25.gif
Does it help that it was late and I was taken by surprise?
41.gif
I have told my FI that he did AMAZING!
36.gif
36.gif
Thank you SO much for the well wishes and compliments. I''m touched.
12.gif

Mimzy - I love your new avatar pic as well. How cute!! You always have great avatar pics.
I''m so glad that you think that my ring is gorgeous!! Thanks for the congrats!!

Seahorsegurl - Thank you very much! I appreciate it and am pleased that you can apreciate the two tone. The detail in the VC rings you like is pretty incredible as well.
9.gif

Mskatee - Nice to see you again. Please ... NO crying.
21.gif
I do have to agree though ... it was a touching moment. I wish everyone that same type of moment of sheer glee when it comes to their proposal. Glad you like the ring too!
35.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2008 11:33:25 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
Ideas... If it were me, I would get one of those super-duper thin pave bands I think, Beverly K has some that are like 1.3mm. Maybe that isn''t substantial enough? So Maybe 2mm? But I think I would do something dainty so that it really contrasts with the thicker shank of the e-ring. You''d have to play around with proportions. I saw somewhere on here a person with a 4mm e-ring and a 1.5mm pave band and it looked awesome... maybe you can try for something the same width as the rows of pave that go down the sides of your ring? That would be cool...

OK, so I get the picture about the delay. Here''s another question... why did he wait so long? Just curious... my hubby planned to take me out to dinner and do something romantic and then got too excited and ran up the stairs and proposed while I was still in bed. He couldn''t wait! Was your FI.AN.CE enjoying tormenting you? (haha you have a Fianceee...I always said it like Elaine in that episode where they went to a party and the woman kept saying, ''Where is my fianceee, my poor fianceee! My poor baby!'' and then Elaine said, ''Maybe the dingos ate your baby'' with an aussie accent. You should try it, people will look at you funny but that is ok, just flash you ring and blind them) My hubby really really likes to torment me, it is a little pervese actually.

And here is a thread-jack... do you live in Vancouver? I grew up there until after undergrad when I moved out east for grad school... did you do grad school too? Thought I read that.

DD
Ok DD - You are SERIOUSLY cracking me up tonight. I''m glad that you "got" that I have a sense of humor. Sometimes that is so hard to relay via font.
3.gif
You are too funny and I am loving it!

I like your idea about the thin band. I''m still unsure though. I''m going to need to see pictures and try things on. I am at a total loss b/c I have such problems actually "visualizing" what 1.4 mm will look like vs 2mm, right? I''m not as talented as you with drawing things to scale on my finger etc ... didn''t you do that recently? It made me laugh too.

Ooooh! I do like that idea about the width being the same as the channel in the middle ... my only concerns with that is that I was hoping to get a band with round brilliants and not princesses and don''t know if this will throw off the "balance" between the two rings if the band "channel" is made up of a different shape stone than the ring "channel"??? Do you understand? Also, I was thinking that maybe I would get ... 2 wedding bands?? Both kind of thin to wear on either side of the ring? Then again, I haven''t actually "seen" what that might look like so I''m not sure. Agh! Now that I have this diamond thing down, I have to try and figure out how to master settings! Does it ever end?
25.gif

You know what, there might be some merit to your theory. Maybe he was tormenting me ... he does enjoy doing that A LOT. Should I be concerned???
emotion-40.gif
Actually, I don''t think he was ... He is super patient and laid back ... polar opposite to me! He was waiting for the perfect timing and wanted to make sure it was just right! I think that he would have proposed over Christmas, however, my cousin was just engaged and he didn''t feel it was right to rain on her parade. I totally respect but am not sure why he waited SO long. I know that he did NOT want to do it on Valentine''s Day and last year he had promised me that he was going to do it BY March of this year ... Well, conveniently for him, there was a concert with a musician I really like, on March 29 ... What better time to ask, as far as he was concerned, right? He knew that I would be dressed up and excited and it would be a good day and right before the "deadline" so I would be on pins and needles. I''ve been bothering him for months and giving him a hard time but I knew that he was just taking the time he needed to "NAIL" it. My jeweler was quite horrible after she knew he was all over it ... She cut me off completely and wouldn''t give me any details! Now if I have any beef ... It''s with her! Where''s the sisterly love??
25.gif

Yes, I do live in Vancouver! I know you used to as well. My bf lives in Seattle so I''m not sure how much longer I will be living in Vancouver but ... we''ll see. I did go to grad school but I obtained my degree online so that I could still work full time. Wow! That was a crazy time ... Who''s wacked out idea was that?! Was that tough or what? It was tons of fun though and I''m glad I did it and it is over. Now I''m actually considering doing the GIA Graduate Gemologist program. I have started by taking the Diamond Essentials course and it is great.

BTW -- Don''t think I''m not going to try the ''dingo stole my baby'' fianceeee thing. My colleagues already think I''m crazy with my jewelry obsession. Why not encourage it?
27.gif

Thanks for helping me out with band ideas. If you have any pics or any more suggestions, please keep them coming ... I really want to jump on this and get it figured out but I''m going to need some help since I''m totally clueless about how to "match" something to this ... I think I might ask Simon G as well and see if they can suggest something. Aha! Moments of brilliance ... they are few and far between but they are sparkly when they do make an appearance.
9.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!! And don''t call your hands huge, because I''m a size 8, too haha!! Congratulations!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Sparks! It''s gorgeous and I love the setting-very detailed and unique. The prongs look great-I love prongs like that-I''m not sure what the name is but I know Demelza has a ring with similar prongs.

And I also LOVE the idea of two thin bands on either side for wedding bands. I''m thinking they should be the same size as the two outer bands of the e-ring...YUM! Congratulations!

Gemma12

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Sparkalicious, I am super late to this thread but just wanted to say GORGEOUS ring-I love the filigree. What a lovely story of your proposal!

Congratulations and wear it in good health!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Thanks SarahLovesJS! You know what, despite their size, my fingers really aren''t gargantuan, as one would think from my description so I feel you about the size 8 ... doesn''t necessarily mean that they are huge. I''m actually having issues with how swollen mine are right now, which is a whole other story!
20.gif

Thing2of2 - Thank you very much! Hmm ... I did not know that. I will have to go searching for Demelza''s ring and check out her prongs. I''m so glad you like the ring!!
36.gif
Again, with my Setting Choice Feedback thread, you were quite supportive and I appreciate that so I''m happy that you actually got to see pics of the real thing.
Another vote for 2 thin bands .. Yay! Why do I feel like I''m getting myself into deeper and deeper trouble.
27.gif

Gemma12 - No ... not late at all. I hope the party is just starting!
21.gif
I love the filigree as well. Thank you!! It''s one of my favorite details about the setting. I''m really happy with the proposal as well and appreciate you taking the time to read it and share in my excitement. Thanks!
35.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!
emotion-19.gif

Sacha, I am SO HAPPY for you! I knew he was going to do it this weekend!
36.gif

What a sweet proposal and beautiful ring!!
30.gif

It looks STUNNING on your hand!! I bet you are glowing!!!

CONGRATS! CONGRATS! CONGRATS!!
36.gif
36.gif

I wish you guys all the best, you deserve it!!

Ok, I''m going to go gush more in the DH thread we have going!
2.gif

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2008 11:51:14 PM
Author: Sparkalicious

Date: 4/1/2008 11:33:25 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
Ideas... If it were me, I would get one of those super-duper thin pave bands I think, Beverly K has some that are like 1.3mm. Maybe that isn't substantial enough? So Maybe 2mm? But I think I would do something dainty so that it really contrasts with the thicker shank of the e-ring. You'd have to play around with proportions. I saw somewhere on here a person with a 4mm e-ring and a 1.5mm pave band and it looked awesome... maybe you can try for something the same width as the rows of pave that go down the sides of your ring? That would be cool...

OK, so I get the picture about the delay. Here's another question... why did he wait so long? Just curious... my hubby planned to take me out to dinner and do something romantic and then got too excited and ran up the stairs and proposed while I was still in bed. He couldn't wait! Was your FI.AN.CE enjoying tormenting you? (haha you have a Fianceee...I always said it like Elaine in that episode where they went to a party and the woman kept saying, 'Where is my fianceee, my poor fianceee! My poor baby!' and then Elaine said, 'Maybe the dingos ate your baby' with an aussie accent. You should try it, people will look at you funny but that is ok, just flash you ring and blind them) My hubby really really likes to torment me, it is a little pervese actually.

DD
Ok DD - You are SERIOUSLY cracking me up tonight. I'm glad that you 'got' that I have a sense of humor. Sometimes that is so hard to relay via font.
3.gif
You are too funny and I am loving it!

I like your idea about the thin band. I'm still unsure though. I'm going to need to see pictures and try things on. I am at a total loss b/c I have such problems actually 'visualizing' what 1.4 mm will look like vs 2mm, right? I'm not as talented as you with drawing things to scale on my finger etc ... didn't you do that recently? It made me laugh too.

I sure did do that and it helped me a lot, though little papers don't really look like the real thing. It did help sell me on the 3-stone idea in the future b/c I wil lnever be able to afford the finger coverage I want with one stone. But a 1.5 center with .50 sides would be divine! You will just have to go try on rings to get an idea of what you really want. How areful!
2.gif

Ooooh! I do like that idea about the width being the same as the channel in the middle ... my only concerns with that is that I was hoping to get a band with round brilliants and not princesses and don't know if this will throw off the 'balance' between the two rings if the band 'channel' is made up of a different shape stone than the ring 'channel'??? Do you understand? Also, I was thinking that maybe I would get ... 2 wedding bands?? Both kind of thin to wear on either side of the ring? Then again, I haven't actually 'seen' what that might look like so I'm not sure. Agh! Now that I have this diamond thing down, I have to try and figure out how to master settings! Does it ever end?
25.gif

No I don't htink it ends, not once you have the disease know as PSitis. Two bands could work but I wonder if it would be too wide on your finger? The only way to know is to try.

You know what, there might be some merit to your theory. Maybe he was tormenting me ... he does enjoy doing that A LOT. Should I be concerned???
emotion-40.gif
Actually, I don't think he was ... He is super patient and laid back ... polar opposite to me! He was waiting for the perfect timing and wanted to make sure it was just right! I think that he would have proposed over Christmas, however, my cousin was just engaged and he didn't feel it was right to rain on her parade. I totally respect but am not sure why he waited SO long. I know that he did NOT want to do it on Valentine's Day and last year he had promised me that he was going to do it BY March of this year ... Well, conveniently for him, there was a concert with a musician I really like, on March 29 ... What better time to ask, as far as he was concerned, right? He knew that I would be dressed up and excited and it would be a good day and right before the 'deadline' so I would be on pins and needles. I've been bothering him for months and giving him a hard time but I knew that he was just taking the time he needed to 'NAIL' it. My jeweler was quite horrible after she knew he was all over it ... She cut me off completely and wouldn't give me any details! Now if I have any beef ... It's with her! Where's the sisterly love??
25.gif

I wound't worry about the tormenting thig! haha... DH loves to do that and he is a very sweet man... but he likes to see me fake angry, I think he hopes the passion will cause me to get carried away and wrestle him to the ground... that doesn't usually happen, but he holds out hope. I guess your FI was just waiting for the right moment, I can see not wanting to do it too close to another couple, it would steal their thunder and water down your own glory, so to speak.

Yes, I do live in Vancouver! I know you used to as well. My bf lives in Seattle so I'm not sure how much longer I will be living in Vancouver but ... we'll see. I did go to grad school but I obtained my degree online so that I could still work full time. Wow! That was a crazy time ... Who's wacked out idea was that?! Was that tough or what? It was tons of fun though and I'm glad I did it and it is over. Now I'm actually considering doing the GIA Graduate Gemologist program. I have started by taking the Diamond Essentials course and it is great.

Crazy times, but exciting times it sounds like! There's a few people on here who I think started their GIA classes after becoming obsessed. It crossed my mind but I just finished 10 years of post-secondary education last year and I think I am DONE!! But learning about diamonds... that could draw me back!

BTW -- Don't think I'm not going to try the 'dingo stole my baby' fianceeee thing. My colleagues already think I'm crazy with my jewelry obsession. Why not encourage it?
27.gif

Thanks for helping me out with band ideas. If you have any pics or any more suggestions, please keep them coming ... I really want to jump on this and get it figured out but I'm going to need some help since I'm totally clueless about how to 'match' something to this ... I think I might ask Simon G as well and see if they can suggest something. Aha! Moments of brilliance ... they are few and far between but they are sparkly when they do make an appearance.
9.gif
Be sure to take pictures of your friends faces when you try the Fianceeeeee line!

Keep prancing, and post more pictures!

DD

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Spark, I am so very happy for you! I have been laying low lately, but I happened to see this and I know you had been hoping it would happen last weekend, and it made me smile to know that your wish had come true.

Your proposal story was so very sweet...it brought a tear to my eye and it couldn''t have happened to a sweeter gal here on PS!

The ring is gorgeous, too, and it looks fantastically HUGE on your hand!
31.gif

Congratulations, and I hope you and your new FI.AN.CE.
9.gif
have many *more* years of happiness together.

Hugs and and all the best to you!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Oh Angel! Your post made me do a SUPER happy dance!
emotion-19.gif
Thanks for being SO excited for me and I''m so pleased that you love my ring.
36.gif
Oh my gosh! My face hurts from smiling so big when I saw your post!
9.gif
I love sharing my ring with my friends and family but it is so incredible being able to share it with great PS friends like you.

DD - 1.5 centre with .50 sides??
23.gif
Nice!
Thanks for the suggestions! You are right ... Poor little me will have to drag my butt to the jeweler to play, or, um "try on" some different widths/types of bands.
I also think that you might be right about the two bands. I''m not trying to make a knuckle ring here. I''ll have to make sure that they are super thin if I do go with 2.

Don''t know about taking pics of my crazy friends and coworkers and faces but I will most definitely be back to post more pictures of the bling!

Harleigh - Thank YOU! I know you''ve been lying low and I''ve been missing you. I love how you were following up and were hoping for me. How sweet is that?!!
I''m really happy and feel incredibly blessed. If the story brought a tear to your eye ... can you imagine how I felt. I was like
23.gif
... "Wait a second, buddy!! This is not how this is supposed to go down ... I was supposed to be on to you!" I was speechless. No tears but I think it was on Monday or Tuesday, I was totally teary thinking back on it and how wonderful it was.
Fantastically huge?! A big WOOHOO to that, sister! Thanks.
Thanks also for the wishes of happiness. I just have to let my FI.AN.CE.
9.gif
know how sweet you gals have been.
I hope that you''re wedding planning is coming along nicely and that you are getting a chance to take it easy and feel better. It''s hard to be stressed out AND sick.

Venice

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful story, lovely ring and gorgeous diamond with excellent stats. Thank you for sharing. Congratulations!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to say congrats again, m''dear, and that you have a gorgeous ring! So so beautiful!
36.gif

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay, Sparky!!! You''re Engaged!! What a wonderful proposal!! What a sweet letter! I''m so happy for you both! Your ring is simply gorgeous!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I remember when you were just a newbie . . .
2.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Venice - You are welcome! It was my pleasure to share ... thank you for reading and I''m glad you enjoyed our story and the pics. Thanks also for commenting on the diamonds stats ... Let''s just say I got a little neurotic with my "requirements" for the diamond. I''m *positive* that I was not an easy customer to deal with all the time, however, I couldn''t be happier with the diamond we eventually selected. I''m glad you think it is beautiful too!

Gwendolyn - Thank you, m''dear! I''m flattered that you likey! I''m sure that sooner than later I will be drooling over your MM beauty!

Loves Vintage - My fellow split shank lover, PS noobie friend ... Nice to see you.
35.gif
We did start out together, didn''t we?! Thanks for remembering me and visiting me on this thread to offer congrats and compliments. I''m touched. Glad you think the ring is gorgeous. We worked hard to find the perfect one! I know you know how that is! I''ll see you over in BWW. Hopefully, I''ll be able to keep following your story and see some lovely pics of you guys on your special day when you elope.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Since I haven''t been able to take any new pics, I''ll post some of the setting and diamond before it was set ... when I was still just dreaming about wearing it.

Enjoy ... I hope to take some new and better pics for those who are interested in seeing more over the weekend.
1.gif

SparkRing 4.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results