shape
carat
color
clarity

Who wants to help me find a setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello to you all
35.gif
!
I am looking to reset my pear in a white gold setting. Currently it is set in a simple solitaire, 14K yellow gold. Yesterday my jeweler rhodium plated it for me (I took it in to have the prongs tightened, and he is so nice and did all the work for free)...he told me to wear it around for a bit and if I liked it white, we can reset it. I already know that this is what I want to do. My pear looked so yellow in the YG setting and it is just amazing how bright and white she looks now
30.gif
!

So my question is this...does anyone here know where I can find an inexpensive solitaire setting? I say inexpensive, but I really mean a temp like setting...since I cannot promise DH that this will be the final reset
2.gif
!

sera

Ideal_Rock
What difference are you looking for in a temp setting than what you have now? I''m kind of confused... couldn''t you keep it in the setting it is in now until you find the setting? Or would that be years down the road so you want something different now?

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The setting it is in now is yellow gold (rhodium plated), I want it to be white gold. I am not sure if the setting will be temporary or not, so that is why I am looking for the best price on a plain solitaire setting...maybe even some engraving, but no other diamonds.

I could keep it in the setting that I have it in, but I am sure the rhodium plating will not last all that long.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Diamond*Dana, I''m sorry I don''t have a good suggestions for a setting but I wanted to ask you a question so I thought I would thread-jack here for asecond... sorry, I hope you don''t mind!

I am thinking of getting a 3mm milgrain wedding band and noticed yours on the plain band lovers site an dI love it! Is that from e-weddingbands.com? Are you happy with the quality? Is yours the regular or the confort fit?

Thanks so much!!

DD

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/29/2008 6:01:10 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
Diamond*Dana, I''m sorry I don''t have a good suggestions for a setting but I wanted to ask you a question so I thought I would thread-jack here for asecond... sorry, I hope you don''t mind!

I am thinking of getting a 3mm milgrain wedding band and noticed yours on the plain band lovers site an dI love it! Is that from e-weddingbands.com? Are you happy with the quality? Is yours the regular or the confort fit?

Thanks so much!!

DD
Lol, that is ok
2.gif

I did not get mine at e-weddingbands, but I have purchased from them in the past and I was happy with the quality. That band was purchased from http://www.fredmeyerjewelers.com/Products/EngagementWedding-FMJ/EW_ShopByCategory-FMJ/EW_SBC_Ladies-FMJ/EW_SBC_L_WeddingRings-FMJ/EW_SBC_L_WR_YellowGold-FMJ/EW_SBC_L_WR_YG_WithoutDiamonds-FMJ/63057.aspx...I am not sure why the WG is not pictured. I think that I paid $100 for mine, and it is the 3mm one. It is not comfort fit, but it is very comfortable. And yes, I am happy with the quality!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamond dana, any of the Pricescope vendors would be able to get what you are looking for. most aren''t going to have pics on their sites b/c it sounds what you are looking for is more of a stock settings and if you need one for a pear they''d probably have to order it anyway. Just pick a vendor or two call or email and tell them what you are wanting and they should be able to help you.

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/29/2008 2:21:06 PM
Author:Diamond*Dana
Hello to you all
35.gif
!

I am looking to reset my pear in a white gold setting. Currently it is set in a simple solitaire, 14K yellow gold. Yesterday my jeweler rhodium plated it for me (I took it in to have the prongs tightened, and he is so nice and did all the work for free)...he told me to wear it around for a bit and if I liked it white, we can reset it. I already know that this is what I want to do. My pear looked so yellow in the YG setting and it is just amazing how bright and white she looks now
30.gif
!

So my question is this...does anyone here know where I can find an inexpensive solitaire setting? I say inexpensive, but I really mean a temp like setting...since I cannot promise DH that this will be the final reset
2.gif
!

OK I am confused, currently it''s in a yellow gold setting and you had it rhodium plated and now it''s white. Yes??

So why do you need to another inexpensive setting? WG has to be rhodium plated also.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Krisvrn...WG does need to be rhodium plated, yes...but it will not wear off as fast as the plated YG. The plated YG ring was just a trial run to see if I wanted to reset it in the WG, but the jeweler even said that it will only last a couple weeks or so. I have had good luck with my WG pieces and have not had to redip them too often, maybe this will last a bit longer that the norm but it is only going to be a temporary solution if I want it to be WG.

Mrssalvo...thanks for the suggestion. Yes, I am basically looking for a stock setting, maybe a cathedral but nothing too fancy. I don''t want to spend too much because I feel guilty spending it on me! I know that I should get over that...I have 3 kids and I probably deserve it with what they put me through, lol.

There was a post a few weeks ago (can''t remember who it was by) that linked to a website that carried some pretty engraved settings...I cannot remember who it was or what website it was
32.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results