shape
carat
color
clarity

Please show me halo profiles!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I definitely know what I want the top of my future ering to look like, but not really the side...at all!Please show me yours and give me ideas!

Mine will be for a cushion, but for learning purposes, all stones will work. Thanks!!

Here''s the top:

overstock545.JPG

BlackIsland

Shiny_Rock
Is this the type of profile shot you are looking for? The centre stone in this ring is 1.38

side shot 1234.jpg

BlackIsland

Shiny_Rock
Here is what the top looks like, with the halo - ugh, looks kind of grubby in this shot - but it gives you an idea of what it looks like from the top.

top shot 1234.jpg

nycgirl

Rough_Rock
Here is mine-i know how hard it is finding a profile you like-i was so picky!

se_ring.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s mine.........

cmsflyring003.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And from the side.....

cmsflyring024.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Layla%20Halo%20side%201.JPG

I love mine. It''s got a heart (culet is the V of the heart) and allows for a flush fit band and the wires are fluid. And the prongs look like they are made out of the wires.

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
...Pave''d profile of basket style crown.

0profileviewicture 222 [].jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2008 9:22:07 PM
Author: Gypsy

I love mine. It''s got a heart (culet is the V of the heart) and allows for a flush fit band and the wires are fluid. And the prongs look like they are made out of the wires.
Wow! sorry for the slight threadjack, but gypsy, wow! I lurve that profile, did you design it yourself? the heart is so elegant and original ..who made your setting?

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Thanks all for replying! This is becoming the hardest part!

Do I tilt it? How many degrees? Because I don''t want it to look like a box from the side, but also want it to be flush with a wb like Gypsy''s. Oh the agony of having to look at ring after ring...
10.gif

2danes

Shiny_Rock
"agony" that''s funny.
I don''t have a halo YET, but I''m planning on one soon.
From my "looking" experience, I''ve found that I like when the diamond is held slightly up,
so that the halo doesn''t take away from the stone.

Here is my dream setting. My actual stone is much smaller than the one pictured.
(I just posted this in Rocky Talky)

Attachments

• danside11.gif
    4.7 KB · Views: 1,178

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s mine. Not very sexy though!
15.gif

nebeonhand-9.JPG

sera

Ideal_Rock
This will be similar in view to my Maytal Hannah halo (I have a change or two to it). The side of the halo will be engraved. I had originally wanted pave, but that would cause it to be higher set; I want it to be set as low as possible.

maytal_3ct.princess_sideview.JPG

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
The best profile pic I have of my Ritani is the one Bill @ Pearlmans took for me. But I doubt this is what you''re looking for...

after-all.JPG

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
top view

ycring24433.jpg

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock

sideview334.jpg

j0s1e267

Rough_Rock
custom white diamond micropave setting
10.gif

Bling Profile.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
my rings not done yet, still in the process of being remade in my size, but here''s the pic pearlmans took which is better than any of mine;

dkpearlmanspic.jpg

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a side view of mine.

kvl0325.jpg

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
hey miss j0s1e267 i hope you plan on giving us more pictures!! lol your ring looks amazing

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
heres my halos profile

myhaloprofile.JPG

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
and heres the top veiw asscher= 2.15ct

sorry for the bad lighting

topviewhalo.JPG

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
I hope this works!!

src="https://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/files/neweringsidepic.JPG">

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh, I am so loving all of these beautiful halos!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2008 5:15:48 AM
Author: arjunajane

I love mine. It's got a heart (culet is the V of the heart) and allows for a flush fit band and the wires are fluid. And the prongs look like they are made out of the wires.
Wow! sorry for the slight threadjack, but gypsy, wow! I lurve that profile, did you design it yourself? the heart is so elegant and original ..who made your setting?

THANK YOU! I did design the wires and the halo and wanted something "fluid"-- that's the exact word I used. But the heart.... I didn't realize the heart thing until Jcrow pointed it out from the picture above. It was a happy accident. Ocean Pearlman, Wink's custom designer designed it for me. She a very lovely person, and I'm very happy with my setting. My favorite part of it is the side view, because the heart is like my secret.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2008 1:01:38 PM
Author: sunnyd
Thanks all for replying! This is becoming the hardest part!

Do I tilt it? How many degrees? Because I don''t want it to look like a box from the side, but also want it to be flush with a wb like Gypsy''s. Oh the agony of having to look at ring after ring...
10.gif

My halo is tilted 20 degrees.

2danes

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/25/2008 10:44:09 PM
Author: Diamond*Dana
Oooh, I am so loving all of these beautiful halos!

Seriously!
I am SO wishing I could get started with mine!!!
Agony!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2008 12:32:46 AM

Date: 3/25/2008 5:15:48 AM
Author: arjunajane

THANK YOU! I did design the wires and the halo and wanted something ''fluid''-- that''s the exact word I used. But the heart.... I didn''t realize the heart thing until Jcrow pointed it out from the picture above. It was a happy accident. Ocean Pearlman, Wink''s custom designer designed it for me. She a very lovely person, and I''m very happy with my setting. My favorite part of it is the side view, because the heart is like my secret.
Are you for real? You designed it yourself?
36.gif
Its beautiful, I saw the pic of the top view you posted elsewhere - (sunnyd my apologies once again for the threadjack!)
Its a perfect design gypsy you should be very proud - I love the contrast of the smooth wires with the diamiond halo, very...sophisticated! And how fantastic that the heart was an "accident by design"
9.gif

Ok, thats enough gushing...I will definately have to ask you the details when I get around to doing my own halo..can you link me to your smtr thread? gorgeous!

SunnyD, do you have any favourites yet for your design?

SuLi

Shiny_Rock
Here''s mine...the top part of the ring is in my avatar.

suliprofile.JPG

MP

Shiny_Rock
Here is mine. It's a Mark T from ERD custom piece. I helped design it and it's a one off piece from him. The center stone is a 1.55 cushion brilliant.

In terms of trying to find the right design to suit your needs you need to come up with what's important to you. Do you want a delicate look? Do you want the e-ring to sit flush with the wedding band? What's your price range for a center diamond (this will most likely determine whether or not you go with a single or double halo)?

123456C.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results