shape
carat
color
clarity

The RING is in the building!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mamie

Shiny_Rock
Ahhh! I''m on an LIW high at this very moment!

Short backstory: February 12 I made my final decision on the ring at a local jewelers. Four days later as he was saying goodbye to me (leaving early for work on a Saturday), I spotted the brochure and ring info tucked in the inside of his jacket. So I knew the ring had been purchased that day. I have not asked or even hinted about an engagement from that moment on because I am pretty certain he''s going to propose next weekend on our annual winery trip. And he''s been "sharking" since then (i.e. a shark going underwater circling before the big attack). I haven''t let on that I suspect when and where, but the suspense and impatience has been eating at me for the last five weeks!

A few minutes ago I went into our spare room where he keeps his clothes to pick up something off the floor. I went back in and looked around.

Sitting on top of his dresser in clear sight is a paper bag with a design and the word "Jewelry" on it. I looked inside, and there is a gold box with a ribbon wrapped around it! I feel guilty for opening the bag, but what''s a girl to do when it wasn''t even hidden? : ) He''s making this too easy for me!

I''m going in for my magic mani on Friday -- it''s actually my first even professional mani since I''ve been a chronic nailbiter for ages. Now I just have to plan the perfect outfit and hope the next 8 days y by. It''s happening! AHHH!

Good luck to all the ladies expecting Easter weekend engagements!
9.gif

patient1

Shiny_Rock
eeeee!!! Congrats mamie! I hope your magic mani makes this next week fly by... Take care and keep us posted!
1.gif

mamie

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much for your reply, patient!

Seeing the box last night made this feel REAL. I''ve been going on assumptions (logical as they are), but the physical and tangible object have really made it reality for me.

I must be a glutton for punishment; every time i walk by the spare room I purposefully glance at the bag. Yes, he still hasn''t moved it yet!

I hope I have a lot more to report next week. : )

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh good luck! I''m keeping my fingers crossed for you!!

Sapphire_Cutie

Brilliant_Rock
Good Luck and enjoy your trip no matter what! ::sprinkling dust your way::

honey22

Ideal_Rock
11.gif
He''s deliberately trying to send you insane, they do these things. He made sure he put in somewhere you would find it, just to see how long it would take for you to break down! Do not give into him - pretend you are oblivious, get your nails done and make him work for your hand in marriage lol!!!
27.gif

Sending lots of fairy dust your way!! Fingers crossed for you!!
3.gif

mamie

Shiny_Rock
thanks for the well wishes and fairy dust, all!

honey22, I honestly don''t think he put it there deliberately; he''s just not the sneaky super-secret type of guy (which is a good thing I suppose!) : ) Perhaps he underestimates my intense curiosity.

I was tempted this morning to walk into the room and ask him what was in the bag -- but then again I don''t want to jeopardize it NOT happening next weekend! This is his thing, after all - and I don''t want him to know that I know! I''ll tell him eventually I found it....as in, after the wedding.)

Yesterday we were at the mall, and I asked if we could stop in at Borders. When he asked me what I was looking for, I just replied "oh, nothing in particular." I made a stealth beeline to the wedding planning books, hoping he''d not pay attention and head to the sports books aisle! If he caught on and spotted me in the wedding planning section he didn''t let on. ; )

SIX DAYS! (I hope....for some odd reason the closer it gets the more I try to keep my expectations low. What if it doesn''t happen then?!)

Aww how exciting! I hope it happens that weekend for ya, but it can still be a total surprise.
10.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results