shape
carat
color
clarity

What do u think of this 7.3 carat yellow sapphire?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
Hi guys,

my husband just bought me this 7.3ct sapphire online. I know there is some inclusions but I don''t think it will bother me that much, but what I want to know is that what do u think about the luster of this sapphire? This is the only picture I have of it until I get it. There is a 1 week return policy..

7.35ct yellow sapphire.jpg

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Do you have any other photos?

One from the side and one straight down onto the stone would be good.

If you don''t mind my asking, can you give a rough price guide.

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Pandora II, sorry this is the only photo I have of it so far. This stone is only $70.. Do u think it is a good deal?

eac

Shiny_Rock
$70 sounds like it''s TOO good for a sapphire that size! Either it is an unusually good deal, or something is "off." Do you have the stats/information about the stone - whether it is natural or man-made, whether it is color treated or not?

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
At that price, the important things here are:

Do you love this stone?

Do you feel you want to spend money on having the stone set?

From a purely personal point of view, I'm not fussed on the colour. I'm also not a fan of heart shapes (but that's just me). In order to spend money on a setting, I'd want a better coloured, less included stone.

I would send it back, $70 is $70 and for one, there are stones on Richard M.'s site that cost less than $70 that I would MUCH rather have.

However, if my FI had gone and chosen it for me all on his own, at $70 I would love it just for the sentimental value and so as not to put him off buying me bling!

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Threepwood,

I think your hubby is very sweet.. he is probably expressing his affection by purchasing something in a heart shape for you. I think the cost of the gem does not justify the cost of setting so if I were in your shoes, I will not set it. I find that the stone is quite brilliant but the colour is uneven and the inclusions are visible. Since it is something from your hubby and the shape is very nice, how about just keeping it?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2008 9:02:02 PM
Author: Pandora II
At that price, the important things here are:

Do you love this stone?

Do you feel you want to spend money on having the stone set?

From a purely personal point of view, I''m not fussed on the colour. I''m also not a fan of heart shapes (but that''s just me). In order to spend money on a setting, I''d want a better coloured, less included stone.

I would send it back, $70 is $70 and for one, there are stones on Richard M.''s site that cost less than $70 that I would MUCH rather have.

However, if my FI had gone and chosen it for me all on his own, at $70 I would love it just for the sentimental value and so as not to put him off buying me bling!

Well said Pandora!

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the fast respond guys.. Eac, its a natural sapphire and has been heated.. Simplysplendid, Pandora II, my husband does like heart shape for some reason.. This is the 2nd gem he got me that is heart shape. I think I will keep it after all.. I can''t wait to see it in person
1.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m a sucker for heart shaped gems too even though they aren''t the best cut to show them off. If you don''t like it enough to put in jewelry maybe someone can mount it in a prism or something like that where you could display it.

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the suggestion marcyc, I think that 7ct is little small to be display.. My husband actually likes the idea of it loose so I can play with it.. Hahaha.. I might consider mounting it into a ring if it doesnt look that bad.. For now, I will just have to wait to see it in person..
1.gif

nclrgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Aw! Your husband sounds like such a sweetheart!

desertgem

Rough_Rock
I also agree with Pandora''s posting. If you love it, Great! If he loves it, Great! There are many worse ways to spend $70. The seller does have a good record, I am sure you will get what you see. The size is a nice one for a pendant, but the inclusions and possible color zoning might bother me too much on a light colored stone. I like the loose idea myself. For that price you could carry it in your pocket as a reminder stone.

Jim

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m not sure if I''m seeing a clear colour zone across the top of the stone or if''s it a glare. Also, for $70, I''d guess BE treated for a 7 ct sapphire. That said, if you plan to keep it unmounted, it can be fun to play with it once a while, especially since it has sentimental value to you.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
If you like the stone, I''d go ahead and have it mounted in a sterling setting and wear it as a pendant. Your hubby would be able to look at it then!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ll be anxious to hear what you think of the stone when you get it. I have a crystal dish that I keep loose gemstones in just to "play" with but this stone will be special to you so that wouldn''t do. I like the idea of a pendant.

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
marcyc, I will keep you updated once I get it.
1.gif

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the suggestion fly girl.. I will keep that in mind..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results