shape
carat
color
clarity

Any experiences with Joe Escobar in the San Jose area?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beeh

Rough_Rock
I went there today and they had great service and was wondering if their prices are somewhat close to an online retailer such as blue nile.

I was quoted $5,883 for a
1.06 Round VG cut
Color: F
Clarity: SI1
Depth: 61.2
Table 57
Polish Excellent
Sym: Good
Diameter ave: 6.64

They told most of their diamonds they sell at or below rapnet prices but when I checked blue nile their prices seemed to be at least 300 more expensive. I was told the rapnet price was 6,300 per carat.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
welcome!
35.gif

you have everything you need to compare prices here. just plug them thar numbers into the ''pricescope your diamond'' search tool up above and use the results to make your comparison.
if you only found a difference of $300, i would say that is pretty darn good! from what i understand, joe escobar has a very nice store with lots of high end inventory and many attentive and helpful staff members. all of that adds up...it''s called...overhead. you will see a price difference. is it worth it? that''s up to you.

best of luck!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/10/2008 11:35:39 PM
Author: belle
welcome!
35.gif

you have everything you need to compare prices here. just plug them thar numbers into the ''pricescope your diamond'' search tool up above and use the results to make your comparison.
if you only found a difference of $300, i would say that is pretty darn good! from what i understand, joe escobar has a very nice store with lots of high end inventory and many attentive and helpful staff members. all of that adds up...it''s called...overhead. you will see a price difference. is it worth it? that''s up to you.

best of luck!
Ditto! If the mark-up is only $300 and they have a setting you love, then it would be well worth it to me to buy the stone there. If you are not buying a setting there, then I''d recommend buying from one of the PS vendors because you could get top quality at a somewhat better price.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Joe Escobar is a fun place to visit and try on the many different settings as they have a large selection and very helpful staff. You may find something perfect to purchase from them. But the problem I have with any B&M is that they don''t take photos or offer any magnified views of their stones that can be studied. I am sure some people can look at a stone and notice all the details right off but I cannot. I really like the magnified photos, sarin report, Idealscope photos and human eye of a gemologist that the online vendors offer. And most of these places don''t keep a huge inventory of diamonds around.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2008 3:51:30 AM
Author: swingirl
the problem I have with any B&M is that they don''t take photos or offer any magnified views of their stones that can be studied.

Ditto.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results