shape
carat
color
clarity

Does this Diamond worth my 50 miles driving and the gas

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rocku

Shiny_Rock
Vendor has two stones in her shop, which is 50 miles round trip.
I am wondering if it is worth the gas to see them in person.
Or should I pull the trigger remotely.
They are priced almost the same and in my rang.
Which one should I pick? Thank you!

.87 H VS1
Cut - excellent
polish - excellent
symmetry - excellent
crown angle - 35.3
depth - 61.5%
pavilion angle - 40.8
table - 56%
.86 G VS2
Cut - excellent
polish - excellent
symmetry - excellent
crown angle - 35.1
depth - 61.5%
pavilion angle - 40.8
table - 56%

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You need to add the diameter measurements. Also, do you care about a price comparison?

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
50 miles is a nice bicycle-ride, I would say. And no waste of gas.

Live long,

rocku

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/7/2008 9:35:03 AM
Author: diamondseeker2006
You need to add the diameter measurements. Also, do you care about a price comparison?
Vendor didn''t give me. but I think giving the carat and depth is the same, they should looks identical, right?
Within these two stones, price is not a factor.

rocku

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/7/2008 9:40:28 AM
Author: Paul-Antwerp
50 miles is a nice bicycle-ride, I would say. And no waste of gas.

Live long,
Sorry, I have bad knees....
7.gif

Do you think they are good stones??

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I had to pick without seeing them, I'd probably pick the G VS2. It gets a slightly better score on the cut advisor. But I do think it is worth a 50 mile drive to go look at them both in different lighting so you can see which you prefer.

These are GIA certs, right?

rocku

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/7/2008 10:08:34 AM
Author: diamondseeker2006
If I had to pick without seeing them, I''d probably pick the G VS2. It gets a slightly better score on the cut advisor. But I do think it is worth a 50 mile drive to go look at them both in different lighting so you can see which you prefer.

These are GIA certs, right?
Thank you,
And yes they are GIA report.
I think the G VS2 stone has good chance being AGS0 to.

Yekutiel

Shiny_Rock
I have customers that take plane rides to view the diamond that they would like to buy. My advice is it is worth the trip. Perhaps you can take the train.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Buy the less costly one and fill up the tank with the difference in the money you saved. JUST JOKING.

It would alwasy be best to examine the diamonds and select the one you prefer. They may look virtually identical to you. At that point, take the less costly one and have a few extra bucks for the return trip home gas money!!!

rocku

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/7/2008 12:34:50 PM
Author: oldminer
Buy the less costly one and fill up the tank with the difference in the money you saved. JUST JOKING.

It would alwasy be best to examine the diamonds and select the one you prefer. They may look virtually identical to you. At that point, take the less costly one and have a few extra bucks for the return trip home gas money!!!
Thank you Dave.
But based on the number that I have so far, does it worth the trip or should I pass on them?
The gas price is so high these days. I feel filling up the tank is as painful as getting an e-ring
23.gif

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is so very tempting to start with the bachelor jokes at this point. From 38 years of marraige to the same woman, I would say that you might as well get used to going the extra mile, or 20, to do the job right the first time. My wife is my friend and my sharpest critic. She is nearly always right, too. It has taken me many years to come to this realization. Maybe you can arrive at this reality sooner than later. Fill er up and take a road trip.

rocku

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/7/2008 10:38:08 AM
Author: Yekutiel
I have customers that take plane rides to view the diamond that they would like to buy. My advice is it is worth the trip. Perhaps you can take the train.
I don''t have my own jet, yet.
7.gif

Just trying to make up my mind on the trip.
Does the stone worth the 50 miles, or I should pass.

Thanks,

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry I don''t get the hesitation. You are spending thousands of dollars on what you hope is a once in a lifetime purchase and $30 of GAS is holding you back from seeing the stones in person? Go see them!

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
50miles ROUND trip? That''s not far! Goooooooo.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2008 2:26:15 PM
Author: choro72
ROUND TRIP! There''s a saying "Penny wise and Pound foolish"... I have to say that this seems to apply here. Wait till you''re planning the wedding and you''re driving all over creation to check out different vendors. I''m warning you now... THAT is going to give you some serious heartburn.
2.gif

rocku

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/7/2008 2:35:10 PM
Author: Gypsy

Date: 3/7/2008 2:26:15 PM
Author: choro72
ROUND TRIP! There''s a saying ''Penny wise and Pound foolish''... I have to say that this seems to apply here. Wait till you''re planning the wedding and you''re driving all over creation to check out different vendors. I''m warning you now... THAT is going to give you some serious heartburn.
2.gif

I will go to the store and take a look if I decide to buy the diamond.
But with ton of time on my side, the question whether these 2 really worth the trip.
Or I can call the vendor and tell her get me a few better ones and I will keep waiting.
I can''t drive 50 miles every other week to her store just to see 2 stones, can''t I?
I guess I will try to ask her to get me 2 more and make a trip next week.
Just want to get it done.

Keep you posted
10.gif

Thanks

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
You have GOT TO BE KIDDING, right??
I''m about to drive almost 6 hours to try on settings that no local jewelers have.
You probably think I''m insane.

rocku

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/7/2008 3:29:46 PM
Author: ButterBean
You have GOT TO BE KIDDING, right??
I''m about to drive almost 6 hours to try on settings that no local jewelers have.
You probably think I''m insane.
You are insane...No...I am just lazy

BTW, I already had a trip and didn''t find anything I like.
So thinking twice for the second trip.
Seems like everybody else on PS think otherwise....

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
I drive more than 50 miles a day, roundtrip, to go to work. And there aren''t even any diamonds there.
9.gif

I say go see them, why not?

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
David Atlas gave you some "priceless" advice.

9.gif

Listen to the smart man......
2.gif

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
why not have them get two more for you to look at...

it can get annoying running back and forth to keep looking....

even i feel that way, and i love diamonds!

rocku

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/7/2008 3:55:11 PM
Author: tberube
I drive more than 50 miles a day, roundtrip, to go to work. And there aren''t even any diamonds there.
9.gif

I say go see them, why not?
I will drive 50 miles for good food
9.gif

But I think twice for diamond...

I already email the vendor and ask for more choices.

NewYorkd.o.c.

Rough_Rock
Just go. I honestly have a hard time believing that you are worried about spending the gas money when you are about to shell out thousands on a diamond and setting.

I spent over an hour getting out to GOG then another 1.5 back home and it took me TWO HOURS to look at TWO diamonds. I think they have a 3 diamond limit in fact.

If you really do not want to make the trip, at least get a scan of the cert so that you have all the other specs.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2008 4:05:54 PM
Author: rocku

I will drive 50 miles for good food
9.gif

But I think twice for diamond...

Don''t let your lady see that!
3.gif

I agree with getting a scan of the actual cert. If she''s got the stones, get the cert and post it. WITHOUT the 50 mile comment in an innocuous thread titled "Should I buy or Should I keep looking" or something like that. lol.

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
Okay, you''re right.
Sorry if we sort of ganged-up on you. Be sure to give us a report after you go.

And to David Atlas: I see why you''ve stayed married for so long.
17.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We didn''t go anywhere when we bought diamonds in the last couple of years. I bought from Good Old Gold and WhiteFlash and they sent the stones directly to me (well, GOG sends it to your home and WF has you pick up the package at the FedEx office). So my suggestion is to just buy from a good online vendor if you have no desire to go look at stones at jewelry stores. It''ll probably save you more than just gas money!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Umm, you are looking for an ering for the love of your life?! You are asking whether she is worth a tank of gas to find her the perfect stone?!
23.gif

Get in the car! Now!!
1.gif

tickintime

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/8/2008 12:31:39 AM
Author: honey22
Umm, you are looking for an ering for the love of your life?! You are asking whether she is worth a tank of gas to find her the perfect stone?!
23.gif

Get in the car! Now!!
1.gif

Sound advice! If my other half ever heard me say anything like this (I wouldn''t dare think it.) I would be umm...dead, buried, and have a highway paved over my body.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2008 12:29:43 PM
Author: tickintime

Date: 3/8/2008 12:31:39 AM
Author: honey22
23.gif

Get in the car! Now!!
1.gif

Sound advice! If my other half ever heard me say anything like this (I wouldn't dare think it.) I would be umm...dead, buried, and have a highway paved over my body.
No offence rocku, but if this was my man asking that question, he would be spending the night in the doggy kennell
38.gif

tickintime - you sound like a smart guy!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results