shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your 8-prong settings

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I still have over a year until I upgrade the setting for my RB, but designing can be such fun!

I love the look of the 8-prong basket setting, with two of the prongs resting at "12 o''clock" and "6 o''clock."

I am thinking something along the lines of Kate''s Walsh''s ring, with micropave on the shank.

Or, like BlingItOn''s new setting, but with 8 prongs.

What do you guys think?

If you can share any pics, either of your own rings, or pics from the internet, that would be great! I was having problems finding pics when I searched.

Also, pics of 6-prong settings with micropave or shared-prong shanks would also be appreciated.

Thanks!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
That sounds gorgeous, Vesper! I dont have any pics, but do you have any to share of the setting you''re thinking of?

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Hi Dani! Attached below are a couple of styles that I like. The first is a solitaire in yellow gold - I would get it in plat, and with probably a micropave shank, but this is the look of the 8-prong style head:

8prongs1.jpg

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Here is one of Kate Walsh''s ering, which gave me the idea. I wish that Neil Lane would set up his web site already so I could just order this same setting!
emsmilep.gif

kw003katewalsh.jpg

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Here is another ring that I love, that belongs to Kellyfish - I would probably go with less engraving work (even though I love it for her ring, I like a slightly less "antiquey" look for myself) but the shape of the basket is great. I also love the fact that a wedding band won''t sit flush with this ring - I prefer it when there''s a space between the ering & wband:

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2008 12:24:55 PM
Author: vespergirl
Here is another ring that I love, that belongs to Kellyfish - I would probably go with less engraving work (even though I love it for her ring, I like a slightly less ''antiquey'' look for myself) but the shape of the basket is great. I also love the fact that a wedding band won''t sit flush with this ring - I prefer it when there''s a space between the ering & wband:
Whoops, forgot to add the picture:

fiona181.jpg

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Here''s one last pic of Ashley Judd''s rings - this is pretty much the look I''m looking for, except with an 8-prong basket. I love the super-thin micropave bands and the way they don''t sit flush. I''d only get it with one wband though:

aj002judd.jpg

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
The reason I was hoping some other people could post pics is because I would probably want to work with either Quest or Leon to develop a design. It would be great to have a variety of pics to choose from ...

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
Mine is an 8-p from S. Stone.......very delicate in real life.

8 pron-ss.jpg

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
oops, wow! I did not know this was already posted!!! Thanks for the props, Vesper!

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
There is some tiny mele (sp?) that is hard to see in the pic. Ari will do whatever you wish with the fine details if you choose S. Stone.....

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2008 12:28:02 PM
Author: vespergirl
Here's one last pic of Ashley Judd's rings - this is pretty much the look I'm looking for, except with an 8-prong basket. I love the super-thin micropave bands and the way they don't sit flush. I'd only get it with one wband though:

I LOVE Ashley Judd's ring, Vespergirl!!!! Its so funny, but after making such a big deal about how my own e-ring never sat flush with anything, once I found a w-band I liked, I just didnt care about the gap anymore! And, now, I actually prefer it!!! I just love non-flush settings....gives some differentiation to the 2 (or three!) rings.

Hmmm.....not sure how much I love the 8 prongs though...I would have to see more pics. I would totally go with Leon to create something like this for you, with his delicate claw prongs to complete the look. That's jmho though, this is your ring we're talkin' about!!!!
2.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Didn''t Leon design Ashely''s ring?

I *love* 8 prong rings (and studs) I can''t wait to see what you decide on!!!!

aeroo

Rough_Rock
This one is really pretty. Here''s the website with 8 different angles of the ring:

http://www.knoxjewelers.biz/index.htm?crn=261&rn=1053&action=show_detail

8prong (Small).jpg

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Vesper Girl
I am new here, I have been lurking for awhile, but since I have an 8 prong solitaire, I thought I would sign up to post pics for you. It doesn''t have any micro pave though. It''s from a B&M (I didn''t discover pricescope until later), and is 0.78, E VS 2, on size 6.5 finger

8 prong solitaire.jpg

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry I don''t know how to do more than one pic per post!

8 prong solitaire 2.jpg

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, this IS the last one!

profile wedding and solitaire.jpg

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
I''m loving these 8 prong settings! Great choice Vespergirl!

Kellyfish and BlingAddict I absolutely love your rings!

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Coati! I was a bit nervous about posting on here with everyone''s stunning bling! Speaking of which I absolutely adore your collection! I''d love to have all those choices of stacking bands, and your oval
30.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2008 4:12:25 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Didn''t Leon design Ashely''s ring?

I *love* 8 prong rings (and studs) I can''t wait to see what you decide on!!!!
I thought Leon made her ring, had read that here before. I love the 8 prong settings, can''t wait to see what you come up with Vesper.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
BlingAttic, your ring and wband are gorgeous, thanks for posting! You should start a thread for your gorgeous wedding set!

Aeroo, thanks for the pic! I really like that one from Knox, too.

It''s going to be a year probably until I do my reset (I want to be VERY SURE about my final decision) but right now I''m really loving the 8-prong look.

Thanks for the great pics! Keep em coming! ;-)

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
Interesting thread...Is it just my perception or does an 8 prong done without alot of prong metal showing to cover up the diamond. Make a stone look larger?

I think they are very pretty....but your right. Difficult to find pics of 8 prong settings..

hairgirl95

Shiny_Rock
I had honestly never seen the 8 prong before. I had only seen 6. Does give added security when you break a prong you are way less likely to lose the stone. Wish I had seen those when I had my round stone. I like them!

happyday

Shiny_Rock
I think 8 prongs are gorgeous!
If your avatar is your stone, the size looks perfect!!!
Good luck!

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the compliment VG! I can''t wait to see what you decide on! I''d love to add light(ish)pink micropave to my band one day.

happy in love

Shiny_Rock
I can't wait any longer! I wanted to post my new setting, but it won't be here for a few more weeks, so here is a pic of it from a website.

hiltacori2504ps.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the first one, the YG eight prong. Only I''d do single prongs. But I like the proportions of them. WF''s eight prong earring settings are some of my favorites.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2008 7:11:03 PM
Author: happy in love
I can''t wait any longer! I wanted to post my new setting, but it won''t be here for a few more weeks, so here is a pic of it from a website.
Oh wow, happy in love, that is BEAUTIFUL! Who makes it? Any links? I love it!
36.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results