shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m a two pair-of-shoes bride already. Is this a bad start?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
I always thought I was one of those people who knew exactly what I wanted. I thought, I will never be a two or three dress bride, when I saw the thread posted on here. Now I am starting to doubt myself. How do you really know when the dress is the one? I think it is very possible to have more than one "perfect" dress. I am definetly going to have to cut myself off from even looking after I make the dress purchase to avoid temptation.
11.gif

I got a pair of Manolo silver Sedaraby''s just two weeks ago. Already I changed my mind and am getting another pair of Manolo''s, a silver strappy sandal with round jewels across the toes. I decided the strappy style is more sexy and that''s the mood I am in, at least for this week.
31.gif

I only wore the Sedarby''s around the house, but I still ended up with small scuffs and water spots (must have stepped on a wet spot in the kitchen). I highly doubt the store will take them back. So now I am listing them for sale. So sad to see them go, but can''t justify to FI keeping them.
8.gif
Especially after I was making a big deal to FI about us needing to really make every last penny count to meet our saving requirements for the perfect wedding.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2008 1:46:19 AM
Author:Missrocks
I always thought I was one of those people who knew exactly what I wanted. I thought, I will never be a two or three dress bride, when I saw the thread posted on here. Now I am starting to doubt myself. How do you really know when the dress is the one? I think it is very possible to have more than one ''perfect'' dress. I am definetly going to have to cut myself off from even looking after I make the dress purchase to avoid temptation.
11.gif

I got a pair of Manolo silver Sedaraby''s just two weeks ago. Already I changed my mind and am getting another pair of Manolo''s, a silver strappy sandal with round jewels across the toes. I decided the strappy style is more sexy and that''s the mood I am in, at least for this week.
31.gif

I only wore the Sedarby''s around the house, but I still ended up with small scuffs and water spots (must have stepped on a wet spot in the kitchen). I highly doubt the store will take them back. So now I am listing them for sale. So sad to see them go, but can''t justify to FI keeping them.
8.gif
Especially after I was making a big deal to FI about us needing to really make every last penny count to meet our saving requirements for the perfect wedding.

Hmm. Well, as a three dress bride with only one pair of shoes. Only time will tell.

BUT... no impulse shopping. That''s a bit of what got me into trouble. I keep getting great deals and forgetting MsSalvo''s by line. It''s only a deal if you get EXACTLY what you want. EXACTLY.

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/4/2008 2:08:07 AM
Author: Gypsy

I always thought I was one of those people who knew exactly what I wanted. I thought, I will never be a two or three dress bride, when I saw the thread posted on here. Now I am starting to doubt myself. How do you really know when the dress is the one? I think it is very possible to have more than one ''perfect'' dress. I am definetly going to have to cut myself off from even looking after I make the dress purchase to avoid temptation.
11.gif

31.gif

8.gif

Hmm. Well, as a three dress bride with only one pair of shoes. Only time will tell.

BUT... no impulse shopping. That''s a bit of what got me into trouble. I keep getting great deals and forgetting MsSalvo''s by line. It''s only a deal if you get EXACTLY what you want. EXACTLY.
Those are words to live by.

I wonder what is record number of dresses for a bride. Like are there really ten dress brides? Maybe...
At least you haven''t had to change your shoes...Yet...

I''m not so much of an impulse shopper as "if I don''t get it now, then later it might be gone, and then I would wish I had never even seen it!!" Yes, a couple of purchases I didn''t make, say like three years ago, still haunt me. Remebering the regret...Thats what gets me in trouble more than anything!
Like those Sederaby''s. I just had to get them before they were gone. I kept thinking, I shouldn''t even wear them around the house. But I couldn''t stop. And next thing I know there are these little scuff marks on the bottom. Well, hopefully, since they are hard to come by, I will be able to sell them and not lose money.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Eh...I had two pair of shoes...but they weren''t Manolos (I wish they had been!)...I bought a perfectly fabulous pair of dept. store sequined sandals for $100 and another $40 pair from the place I worked for so I could have one pair to get muddy if needed since we had an outdoor ceremony and didn''t use a runner. I ended up not even using the $40 pair, I keep looking for them around the house so I can give them away or sell them but they''ve sadly disappeared. sniff...they were a really beautiful pair of Capparos, satin and beaded pointy toe, ankle strap...I ACTUALLY MISS THEM!
38.gif

Go for two pairs or more...footwear is just as important as undergarments, imo. but maybe you don''t have to buy Manolo''s for both uses? Just a thought!
35.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2008 2:20:00 AM
Author: Missrocks

I always thought I was one of those people who knew exactly what I wanted. I thought, I will never be a two or three dress bride, when I saw the thread posted on here. Now I am starting to doubt myself. How do you really know when the dress is the one? I think it is very possible to have more than one 'perfect' dress. I am definetly going to have to cut myself off from even looking after I make the dress purchase to avoid temptation.
11.gif

I got a pair of Manolo silver Sedaraby's just two weeks ago. Already I changed my mind and am getting another pair of Manolo's, a silver strappy sandal with round jewels across the toes. I decided the strappy style is more sexy and that's the mood I am in, at least for this week.
31.gif

I only wore the Sedarby's around the house, but I still ended up with small scuffs and water spots (must have stepped on a wet spot in the kitchen). I highly doubt the store will take them back. So now I am listing them for sale. So sad to see them go, but can't justify to FI keeping them.
8.gif

BUT... no impulse shopping. That's a bit of what got me into trouble. I keep getting great deals and forgetting MsSalvo's by line. It's only a deal if you get EXACTLY what you want. EXACTLY.

I wonder what is record number of dresses for a bride. Like are there really ten dress brides? Maybe...
At least you haven't had to change your shoes...Yet...

I'm not so much of an impulse shopper as 'if I don't get it now, then later it might be gone, and then I would wish I had never even seen it!!' Yes, a couple of purchases I didn't make, say like three years ago, still haunt me. Remebering the regret...Thats what gets me in trouble more than anything!
Like those Sederaby's. I just had to get them before they were gone. I kept thinking, I shouldn't even wear them around the house. But I couldn't stop. And next thing I know there are these little scuff marks on the bottom. Well, hopefully, since they are hard to come by, I will be able to sell them and not lose money.
Yet is the operative term. My dress isn't easily hemmed so, while I THINK these will work perfectly, if comes down to a different pair of shoes or hemming the gown (actually hemming isn't right, it would have to be pulled up from the waist)... I'd get a different pair of shoes. Of course, I paid less than 20 for my dyeables on sale so that's easy for me to say. Hope you have better luck with selling your shoes than I've had with the Rivini.

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/4/2008 2:24:47 AM
Author: monarch64
Eh...I had two pair of shoes...but they weren''t Manolos (I wish they had been!)...I bought a perfectly fabulous pair of dept. store sequined sandals for $100 and another $40 pair from the place I worked for so I could have one pair to get muddy if needed since we had an outdoor ceremony and didn''t use a runner. I ended up not even using the $40 pair, I keep looking for them around the house so I can give them away or sell them but they''ve sadly disappeared. sniff...they were a really beautiful pair of Capparos, satin and beaded pointy toe, ankle strap...I ACTUALLY MISS THEM!
38.gif

Go for two pairs or more...footwear is just as important as undergarments, imo. but maybe you don''t have to buy Manolo''s for both uses? Just a thought!
35.gif

Funny you mention that... Because I was thinking of getting a pair of cheap wedges if we do decide to get married on the pacific terrace (ie. spongey grass). So I definetly can''t have three pair of shoes in this whole ordeal. How utterly selfish of me that would be
11.gif
FI will NOT be ok, if the old pair of Manolo''s is not gone within weeks of the new ones arriving. The new ones arrive tomorrow...tick, tock, tick, tock...

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/4/2008 2:30:49 AM

Date: 3/4/2008 2:20:00 AM

11.gif

31.gif

8.gif

At least you haven''t had to change your shoes...Yet...

I''m not so much of an impulse shopper as ''if I don''t get it now, then later it might be gone, and then I would wish I had never even seen it!!'' Yes, a couple of purchases I didn''t make, say like three years ago, still haunt me. Remebering the regret...Thats what gets me in trouble more than anything!
Like those Sederaby''s. I just had to get them before they were gone. I kept thinking, I shouldn''t even wear them around the house. But I couldn''t stop. And next thing I know there are these little scuff marks on the bottom. Well, hopefully, since they are hard to come by, I will be able to sell them and not lose money.
Yet is the operative term. My dress isn''t easily hemmed so, while I THINK these will work perfectly, if comes down to a different pair of shoes or hemming the gown (actually hemming isn''t right, it would have to be pulled up from the waist)... I''d get a different pair of shoes. Of course, I paid less than 20 for my dyeables on sale so that''s easy for me to say. Hope you have better luck with selling your shoes than I''ve had with the Rivini.
Thanks!

Good luck with selling your Rivini.
1.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Heehee, MissRocks, you''re my kinda gal. A girl can NEVER have too many pair of shoes! But let''s assume your FI does not understand that...the trunk of your car is always a good hiding spot, as is your parent''s house, etc. Oop! Did I just say that? Shame on me!!!
emembarrassed.gif
9.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey, I''m willing to be a good sport. the trunk of MY car or MY house are also available.

I can''t guarantee that they won''t be worn around the house if they are stored here... but HEY, your FI won''t see them.

And I will!
11.gif

Tell him it could be worse. He could be staring at a Rivini for months on end. And the Christos before that.
emembarrassed.gif

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/4/2008 2:45:04 AM
Author: monarch64
Heehee, MissRocks, you''re my kinda gal. A girl can NEVER have too many pair of shoes! But let''s assume your FI does not understand that...the trunk of your car is always a good hiding spot, as is your parent''s house, etc. Oop! Did I just say that? Shame on me!!!
emembarrassed.gif
9.gif
I had actually considered that...
9.gif
Too bad he is very observative and I wouldn''t be able to wear them without him noticing.
22.gif

Maybe if I can sell them I''ll use the money to get that pair of black Christian Louboutin platforms that look similar to another pair I own. I could probably pull that off without him noticing that I actually have a NEW pair of shoes..
11.gif

Rachie

Shiny_Rock
Hmmm...where are you selling said shoes? My FI may kill me but I could do the whole hide them in the trunk thing and he would be none the wiser!
2.gif

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/4/2008 2:50:39 AM
Hey, I''m willing to be a good sport. the trunk of MY car or MY house are also available.

I can''t guarantee that they won''t be worn around the house if they are stored here... but HEY, your FI won''t see them.

And I will!
11.gif

Tell him it could be worse. He could be staring at a Rivini for months on end. And the Christos before that.
emembarrassed.gif

Such a thoughtful PS friend!
9.gif

You must have a really understanding FI. I couldn''t imagine telling mine was getting a second, or yet a third dress. When I "look" like I''m trying to be thrifty and save money, I seem to accumulate "points" with him. And all the sudden he might bring up getting me my diamond studs w/ pave'' borders as an early wedding gift again.
9.gif

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/4/2008 3:02:02 AM
Author: Rachie
Hmmm...where are you selling said shoes? My FI may kill me but I could do the whole hide them in the trunk thing and he would be none the wiser!
2.gif

Wow, a lot of people seem to have trunk hiding spots- I guess this is a safe place. I need to get a car with a bigger trunk!
I posted them on craigslist already in SF bay area. Unfortunetly, I''m not e-bay savy enough.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t know WHY they never figure out the trunk thing...maybe they are just too complacent to actually go and check it out? Also, if they DO figure it out, you ladies MUST embark on a brand-new hiding experience...meaning the bottom of their closets or anywhere else they don''t bother to clean themselves or look for useful info about us. LOL!
9.gif

SuLi

Shiny_Rock
I defintely know the feeling. I can't even decide on a final dress, even if I have still have plenty of time to shop around. And, I can't even wrap my mind around shopping for shoes yet.

I'm sorry that your Sedarsy shoes didn't work out -- they really are exquisite! I think the key is simply to stop looking, which I know is very hard. Good luck to you!

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
There is no shame in loving other Manolos! You know I love me some Sedarabys, but girl, it''s hard not to crave the sandals. Tell us which ones you''re getting!!! And definitely post them tomorrow.

PS-I prefer hiding things in one of my empty suitcases in the closet...nice and close!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooh that''s a pity that you have to choose between them. Which ones are you buying for the wedding? Would love to see pics. If you buy enough pairs of Manolos, your bf will just get used to them-I''m living proof of that! He actually asks me to wear them now when we go out.

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Scarlett and Bee*

I will definetly post pics, when I get them on Wedsnesday.
1.gif
The Sedaraby's just were a bit too "formal"? work lack of better wording. I couldn't find a picture of the silver Prisca sandals anywhere, or I would post them now. I can't wait until tomorrow!

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
This is the dress that is looking to be "the one". The bust area has silvery beading- hard to see in the picture. I think the Manolo silver sandals will be perfect. More shoe pics to come tomorrow.

1234romonoktrunkshow.jpg

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
beautiful dress-I love the back of it.

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Bee*!
It was super comfortable and soft too.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Two pairs of Manolos? Sounds like a GOOD start to me.
9.gif

Seriously though, I would try to take them back. If you haven't worn them outside, you may well just get your money back.

ETA: Great dress! I only wish I could pull that off. But those horrid Double Dollies won't let me.
38.gif

largirl

Shiny_Rock
GORGEOUS dress. I can''t wait to see a pic of you in it!

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/4/2008 4:09:40 PM
Author: largirl
Thanks!

Oh, I guess I''ll post the pic I have now, even though it isn''t great and makes the dress look yellow, even though it is diamond white, and the hips/ butt aren''t pinned properly in this picture (no, my butt is really not that "flat"). So don''t judge. But, its the best we could do in the ten seconds we we left alone.
2.gif
When I try it on again, I will have to position the straps the way it is shown on the runway, and see which I like better.

1234romonastyleps1.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2008 4:22:54 PM

Date: 3/4/2008 4:09:40 PM
Author: largirl
Thanks!

Oh, I guess I''ll post the pic I have now, even though it isn''t great and makes the dress look yellow, even though it is diamond white, and the hips/ butt aren''t pinned properly in this picture (no, my butt is really not that ''flat''). So don''t judge. But, its the best we could do in the ten seconds we we left alone.
2.gif
When I try it on again, I will have to position the straps the way it is shown on the runway, and see which I like better.

WOW. WOW. WOW. That looks like a dream on you! SO perfect. You are right, that IS THE DRESS for you. Seriously stunning (even without the but thing pinned right).

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Gypsy!

Whew! I was almost afraid to post the pic for fear of hearing less than positive reviews. I''ve started to realize that wedding dresses are decided by "committee". But the good news is that my dad ACTUALLY raved about it, and trust me, he never makes a big out of anything, other than a random "that''s nice" comment.

I really felt amazing in it and just loved the way it shows off my back. I originally wasn''t even considering a veil, but I just love the way it "softened" the whole look.

gtn

Brilliant_Rock
missrocks since you haven''t worn the shoes outside, I think you might be able to return them. Try doing that before you eat the cost of selling them on craiglist. (BTW, I took a look at your listing and they don''t look bad. The heel is in really good condition)

If you could afford it, keep both. Wear the new pair as a "surprise" on your wedding day. If you really love those shoes (and why wouldn''t you?) you will be able to wear them both.

As for the dress, you look stunning in it. You found the one.

Also

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
You look gorgeous! I really love your dress! I''m a five shoe bride myself, so I have no advice for you there but I wanted to chime in and say how purrtttty your dress is.

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/4/2008 6:37:52 PM
Author: gtn
missrocks since you haven't worn the shoes outside, I think you might be able to return them. Try doing that before you eat the cost of selling them on craiglist. (BTW, I took a look at your listing and they don't look bad. The heel is in really good condition)

If you could afford it, keep both. Wear the new pair as a 'surprise' on your wedding day. If you really love those shoes (and why wouldn't you?) you will be able to wear them both.

As for the dress, you look stunning in it. You found the one.

Also
Thanks for the imput. Hmmm.. a couple of people have said they don't look that bad. Maybe I am just over-reacting. The only prob. is a got them shipped from NY, so I wouldn't want to try and ship them back unless I got a for-sure return approval over the phone. I may need to work on that.

I would love to keep both, but my thinking is there are other things I might rather have for the money. And I'm so glad I'm getting approval for the dress.
1.gif

Zoe~ I am starting to see how the whole five shoe thing can happen...
2.gif
And thanks for the compliments!

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
Missrocks that dress is AMAZING! Perfect for your beach wedding!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results