shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Here is Princess Margaret wearing the Poltimore Tiara as a necklace. The tiara on her head with the diamond fan motif was given to her by the Queen Mother.

margaretpoltimoreasnecklace.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
And just to prove how one piece of jewelry leads you to another and you can really start to wander endlessly through the halls of royal jewels...

Here is Queen Elizabeth (the Queen Mum) and King George VI in 1928. She is wearing the dimaond fan motif tiara bandeau style.

1928QueenMum&KingGeorgeVI.jpg

emeraldeyes

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 7:22:08 PM
Author: LadyAmythyst69
Emeraldeyes -

Do you have any photos of Queen Mary wearing the Teck Circle Necklace? I couldn''t find any in my files.

Has the Queen ever worn it? Or The late Queen Mum?

I have an insane desire to see the Teck Circle Necklace united with the Vladimir Tiara. (I say in sane because all those circles would probably look insane together - but nonetheless I''d love to see it done. :) )
It''s hard to see, but QEQM is wearing the necklace as a tiara in this picture.

I trolled through my Queen Mary pics and was unable to find one of her wearing the piece in either form. I believe it went from Queen Mary''s possession to QEQM to Princess Margaret, and now hopefully from Princess Margaret back into the royal vaults under the palace. The combo with the Vlad tiara would certainly be a sight, but may cause dizziness! lol...

attheballet.jpg

emeraldeyes

Shiny_Rock
Another version of the Poltimore as a necklace. Personally I''ve always preferred it in tiara form. It just doesn''t do it for me with all those bits and pieces dangling from that skinny diamond necklace.

necklacepoltimore.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 7:58:41 PM
Author: emeraldeyes
Another version of the Poltimore as a necklace. Personally I''ve always preferred it in tiara form. It just doesn''t do it for me with all those bits and pieces dangling from that skinny diamond necklace.
Yeah - me neither. It looks like a tiara that got flattened.
38.gif

emeraldeyes

Shiny_Rock
The lotus flower tiara, set with diamonds and pearls is made in the Egyptian taste and was said to have been designed by William Davies of E. Wolff & Co., who were suppliers to Garrard and a number of other famous retailers.

(From the photo caption in Tiaras: A History of Splendour by Geoffrey Munn.)

The description in the text of the same book:

"One of the prettiest of Queen Elizabeth''s tiaras, which she has now given to Princess Margaret, was Egyptian in inspiration, arranged as a band of stylized lotus flowers and overreaching arches, with the graduated pinnacles surmounted by a single pearl..."

Princess Margaret loaned this tiara to her son''s bride, The Honourable Miss Serena Stanhope, to wear on her wedding day.

papyrusmotif.jpg

emeraldeyes

Shiny_Rock
And here''s a pic..

AADS001671.jpg

emeraldeyes

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 8:08:40 PM

Yeah - me neither. It looks like a tiara that got flattened.
38.gif

Like it got sat on accidentally or something...lol...that would not feel good!!! Can you say 'proctologist'????

emeraldeyes

Shiny_Rock
I found this close-up of the family order of King Carl VXI Gustaf of Sweden.
I think it was surfgirl who was after more ''family order'' pics?

16sb1.jpg

emeraldeyes

Shiny_Rock
Crown Princess Victoria looking sparkling at a formal event - a Nobel gala I think.

prbluedress.jpg

emeraldeyes

Shiny_Rock
I think this one is from the official website of the Swedish monarchy.

HKH-Kronprinsessanwebbstor.jpg

emeraldeyes

Shiny_Rock
Princess Madeleine of Sweden - who makes grown men cry...

PrMadweb2.jpg

emeraldeyes

Shiny_Rock
Queen Silvia wearing the nine prong tiara.

42-16719426.jpg

emeraldeyes

Shiny_Rock
Just the tiara. Really lovely IMO, but it is a fender - although not as monstrous as the Braganza!

prswnine.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 8:51:23 PM
Crown Princess Victoria looking sparkling at a formal event - a Nobel gala I think.
This is why she drives me crazy sometimes - she looks so gorgeous when she wants to! Not that she doesn''t look good most of the time but if you didn''t know her you''d never pick her out for a Princess. I think it''s just her personal style. She probably doesn''t wish to stand out at informal events & occasions etc. I think she is every bit as good looking as Madeline but Victoria seems very happy to let Madeline play the role of the more traditional Princess prototype (lookswise). I think of Victoria as more of an intellectual and slightly a tomboy. Great character traits (I''m an intellectual tomboy too.
9.gif
) But I do like a bit more glitter on my Princesses.
1.gif

emeraldeyes

Shiny_Rock
The cut steel tiara.

steelsweden.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 8:41:43 PM
I found this close-up of the family order of King Carl VXI Gustaf of Sweden.
I think it was surfgirl who was after more ''family order'' pics?
It''s probably just the picture giving this effect - but I swear that looks more like an iron on photo than a painting. I wonder what type of paint they use and who actually does the work....

emeraldeyes

Shiny_Rock
I was thinking the same thing - that particular pic makes the thing look pretty chintzy.

And I agree about CP Victoria. She dresses up really well, but maybe since she knows she''s going to be Queen one day she doesn''t want to go overboard? Who knows how these princesses think sometimes. If I had access to the Swedish jewels, you can bet I would be glittering from breakfast till midnight and beyond.
26.gif

emeraldeyes

Shiny_Rock
Queen Silvia wearing the mega-huge Braganza tiara.

attachment3.jpg

emeraldeyes

Shiny_Rock
Must weigh a ton!

Braganca.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 8:10:43 PM
The lotus flower tiara, set with diamonds and pearls is made in the Egyptian taste and was said to have been designed by William Davies of E. Wolff & Co., who were suppliers to Garrard and a number of other famous retailers.

(From the photo caption in Tiaras: A History of Splendour by Geoffrey Munn.)

The description in the text of the same book:

''One of the prettiest of Queen Elizabeth''s tiaras, which she has now given to Princess Margaret, was Egyptian in inspiration, arranged as a band of stylized lotus flowers and overreaching arches, with the graduated pinnacles surmounted by a single pearl...''

Princess Margaret loaned this tiara to her son''s bride, The Honourable Miss Serena Stanhope, to wear on her wedding day.
I finally got this book today!

I swear I remember reports saying that the tiara Serena wore was from the Stanhope family - which it clearly is not. Wouldn''t be the first time the papers got it wrong though...

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 9:40:39 PM
The cut steel tiara.
I love the design on this one. It would look great as two separate pieces as well. The base as a bandeau type tiara and the top part would look even more organic alone.

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 9:47:10 PM
Queen Silvia wearing the mega-huge Braganza tiara.
Yeah - that tiara is a force of nature! She doesn''t wear it that often these days I think. I''m sure you''d have to take two tylenol before you even put it on.
1.gif

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 9:36:46 PM
Just the tiara. Really lovely IMO, but it is a fender - although not as monstrous as the Braganza!
I like this tiara too. Although it does look like it could stand up to a beating! What is the time period? It looks art deco to me....but I think it has been around longer than that??

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the Emerald Demi-Parure that Queen Silvia of Sweden is wearing in the above pic. I don''t know much about the history of the individual pieces in the Bernadotte collection but it sure is a fabulous one!!

EmeraldDemiparure1.jpg

emeraldeyes

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 9:49:26 PM

I finally got this book today!

I swear I remember reports saying that the tiara Serena wore was from the Stanhope family - which it clearly is not. Wouldn''t be the first time the papers got it wrong though...
Lady A, you will be enjoying that book for years to come! I am not ashamed to say that it changed it my life! It was one of the first big jewel book purchases that I made, and from that point on, I was lost. Ever since, there has been a book wishlist that is constantly being added to, every title that I actually buy is replaced by at least two more that I want. Alas, such is the life of a joolie.

As far as the ning prong tiara and its time period, you know I''m really not sure. I think it was a wedding present to someone in the early 20th century - maybe when Louise and Gustav married??? I''m no expert on the provenance of the Swedish jewels.
33.gif

emeraldeyes

Shiny_Rock
The Connaught diamond tiara. Came into the collection when Princess Margaret of Connaught married into the family. The entire tiara can be taken off the frame to be worn as a necklace. Princess Madeleine often wears only the drops suspended on a chain.

connaughtyell.jpg

emeraldeyes

Shiny_Rock
Nobel 2000. Sorry but I absolutely detest that Cycloptic aquamarine bandeau/tiara/thing.

nobel2000je5.jpg

emeraldeyes

Shiny_Rock
Nobel 2005.

nobel20051tl9.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results