shape
carat
color
clarity

Sorry, another which diamond to choose question...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mandas

Rough_Rock
I am struggling with a final decision for my center stone on a 3 stone white gold trellis anniversary ring. It will be set with two round sapphires. After seeing a few EGL/Israel J''s at my local jewerly store I was a bit surprised by the yellow tint I saw from the sides. So, I am trying to decide if I should stick with the J since JA''s gemologist says it faces up "100% white" or play it safe on color and go for the F. The most important factor for me is sparkle/brilliance and size. My Ering of 11 years in a princess H that is about a 1/4 ct set in yellow gold. I love it for it''s sentimental charm, but this time I want size and brillance. Any thoughts, guidance, opinions are much appreciated.

Here is the J: www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?find=1&cid=130&item=1111994

Here is the F: www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?find=1&cid=130&item=1124220

I have Ideal Scopes on both but had trouble posting them the first time. Here is the link to the other posts with the pictures:

F: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/any-red-flags-or-worries-on-this-ideal-scope.79048/

J: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-with-ideal-scope-image-please.77957/

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
F/si2
1124220%20-%20Idealscope.JPG

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
J/si1
1111994%20-%20Idealscope%20(1).jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
cut wise either is fine, that's not going too be the deciding issue, I do have a preference too the longer lgf% on the F but its minor, but the J gets a minor slight angle preference point so its a wash lol
either is fine

Are they both eyeclean? What is the price on both?

mandas

Rough_Rock
Thanks for posting the pictures and for your reply. To answer your questions both are eye clean and they are only $40 apart. So, it comes down to will I notice the J''s possible "warmth" at a side view with a trellis setting or will the sapphires sort of counter it a bit? Will I notice and appreciate the slight difference in size?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
6.67*6.69*4.09 vs 6.42*6.45*3.98 is less than 5% its a wash there too.

Go with the F because if you see a hint of color in the J even from the lighting you may second guess yourself.....

mandas

Rough_Rock
Thanks again strmrdr! One more thing, will the med blue flour. of the J give it any edge over the F or will it really not matter. My biggest concern was that one would sparkle less, but it looks like they measure up closely. Ok, make there is 2 questions. On GOG site when you click on a diamond they often have a chart that (GEMEX Light Performance) that shows brillance, fire and scintillation. Is it possible to get such a report for a non GOG diamond? Have I slipped over the edge in this decision and I should just pick one.

mandas

Rough_Rock

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 7:55:11 AM
Author: mandas
Thanks again strmrdr! One more thing, will the med blue flour. of the J give it any edge over the F or will it really not matter. My biggest concern was that one would sparkle less, but it looks like they measure up closely. Ok, make there is 2 questions. On GOG site when you click on a diamond they often have a chart that (GEMEX Light Performance) that shows brillance, fire and scintillation. Is it possible to get such a report for a non GOG diamond? Have I slipped over the edge in this decision and I should just pick one.
I am not positive, but I think that in order for flour to have a strong affect on the whiteness of a lower-coloured diamond, it's got to be stronger than just medium.

I'd just go with the F.
1.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
med blue flour will have some effect but not enough to bring a J too a F....

As far as I know no one but dealers have the gemex B-scope in the US.
The only appraiser who did passed away a while back and is greatly missed here.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results