shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me with the engagement ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/12/2008 4:03:40 AM
Author: Gypsy
IF it''s done by Leon, I''d LOVE and ADORE that halo. However, a three stone with pears (also with the setting and tsavs sourced by Leon as he has access to LOVELY colored stones, a great eye, and the NICEST three stones settings I''ve ever seen) is also lovely, though for me, a little less daring. It''s the ''safer'' choice, but the halo is by far the more arresting. If it were me? I''d want the halo. Unless you get a gorgeous oval .70 diamond (which would face up close to a .9 round brilliant) then I''d do half moon sides and throw the lot over for that. I LOVE oval and half moon three stones, and ovals give you so much bang for the buck.

Definitely in the tsav camp over here.
Ditto... that green halo by Leon is one of my favorites... also stunning would be tsav sides in his rb/pear ring. I LOVE green with gold accents... it looks absolutely amazing! Even if it were just the prongs/basket/bezel around pear tsav sides... that yellow would look gorgeous!

If I had a gemstone ering, it wouldn''t bother me that it didn''t "match" everything I wore.

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
35.gif
Take her shopping and have her try on rings to see what she *really* likes on her own hand, absorb her preference and then go for it. It could make a world of difference in your choice.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Here are some very bad photos of the e-ring I did for my FSIL:

It''s a 1.51ct rb with 0.35ct emerald pear side stones.

DSCN1058.jpg

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock

DSCN1056.jpg

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Gosh, that was big!

One thing I would say is if you are going for a UK jeweller, either get Wink to source the tsavs for you - or get the jeweller to call Palagems to get the stones.

There are tsavorites and TSAVORITES!

Sorry the photos were so appallingly bad! The diamond is seriously amazing in real life.

DSCN1047.jpg

sbb1979

Rough_Rock
Well...........I just collected the ring from the jeweller. Think they''ve done a great job!

It is an F colour .71ct GIA Excellent cut, VS1 clarity, very good symetry round brilliant with two 0.4 ct pear shaped Tsavs on the sides - I''m very happy with it - I hope the girlfriend is too!

Please excuse the photos, but I''ll try to get some better ones. Am due to propose on the 29th Feb, so will get some photos that aren''t on my finger!

Anyway, thanks for all of your help on this.

angle1.jpg

sbb1979

Rough_Rock
Not the best camera, and not straight, but you get the idea!

flat1.jpg

sbb1979

Rough_Rock
Excuse my finger - couldn't get it over the knuckle - and didn't want to be stuck with it on my finger at work all day - its not a look I like on myself!

Everything looks so yellow in this office! The diamond is actually a lovely F colour - very sparkly and white.

sbfinger1.jpg

sbb1979

Rough_Rock
Anyway, I''m glad to be able to show people - I''m not going to show it to many people in real life until the big day because I don''t want word to get back to the girlfriend.

Hope you all like it.

Thanks again for the help.

S

sbtop2.jpg

This_Is_Amore

Rough_Rock
Ooooooh- beautiful! I tend to be more of a white gold, blue sapphire-type gal myself, but THAT gorgeous ring makes an excellent case for looking at yellow gold, green stone pieces!

You did a great job!
36.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, very pretty.

I love that look - and the tsavs look lovely.

Can''t wait to see photos in less yellowish light!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow! It's gorgeous!! Congrats!

sbb1979

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone - as I say, I am very pleased with it - its taking all of my willpower not to give her the ring now though!

Anyway, I''ll try to get out in the lovely sun that we''re having here in London at the moment and take some natural light photos.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Even with the yellow light you can tell the ring is a winner :)

Looks sparklie and beautiful congratulations and good luck with the proposal :)

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
very pretty!! im sure shes going to love it!!

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful job! I can''t wait to hear her response!!!! Best wishes!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aaaahhh!! It''s GORGEOUS!!!
30.gif
That green is to DIE for, what a fabulous job you''ve done! I bet you''re busting to give it to her!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
How wonderful! I cant wait for handshots! Best wishes, too.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations...the ring turned out just beautifully!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results