shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! My practical side is trying to sway my decision...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mandas

Rough_Rock
With the help of this site, I have chosen a beautiful Ideal J/SI1 1.12 RB with med blue flour. to be the center stone in this setting from James Allen.

http://www.jamesallen.com/products/item_382-1731_build.asp?module=setting

I am upgrading the sapphires and awaiting their arrival. Today I looked again at the same ring with diamond sides and thought maybe it would be more practical for everyday wear. This is going to be a 10 year anniversary ring that I will wear on my right hand. I love the color blue, but I am begining to wonder if I will regret the blue for everyday. I am also concerned that if I switch to diamonds that the J will not look as nice. Any advise would be appreciated.

Here''s the all diamond ring.

http://www.jamesallen.com/products/item_58-1452_build.asp?module=setting

Thanks,
Amanda

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Luckily, jewelry is one of those things that doesn't necessarily have to be practical! A lot of people have sapphires in the rings they wear daily and they don't cause any problems. Personally, I love the blue stones in that setting. I think they really set off the center stone and give the ring a unique look.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
For a right hand ring I think sapphires are gorgeous w/your diamond. I have a friend w/a sapphire right hand ring and she wears it all the time; I love her sapphires just my 2 cents.

san diego searcher

Rough_Rock
I think that diamond and sapphire ring is beautiful. I like it much better than the plain diamond. I''m biased in that I love blue. I wear a diamond and sapphire (cabachon) ring on my right hand frequently (almost every day lately) and I don''t feel it clashes with anything. I say stick with your original decision. In fact, I want that ring now.

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
Amanda, I have a 3 stone wedding ring w/ a diamond center and sapphires on the sides.

When my DH and I were designing it, I did wonder a bit about the blue clashing but quite honestly, now that I have it and have worn it every day for 5 years, I can tell you that I never give it a thought! Once he put it on my finger that night, it was love at first site and I can''t imagine ever looking down and seeing anything different on my finger!

You will love it!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the sapphire sides. Diamonds and blue sapphires are such a classic choice I don''t think that you''ll regret it.

mandas

Rough_Rock
Thank you all so much for restoring my confidence in my original choice!!! Diamond and Sapphires it is!

Amanda
26.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results