shape
carat
color
clarity

I know what I''m saving my pennies for.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Just picture this with a green amethyst center stone instead, and a tiny surprise amethyst on each side of the basket! Oh it was sooooo pretty! I saw this at a local jewelers and fell in luv! I asked if I could take a picture, but they wouldn''t allow. Oh well. Their price tag was $650. I don''t know if that''s a fair price or not...but either way I don''t have anywhere near that much to spend on jewels right now. But it''ll definately be in the back of my head for the next coming months. And I''m still watching ebay. Ya just never know what pops up on there!
Well gals, thanks for lettin me share! I was trying to tell DH all about it, but he wasn''t too taken with it....
20.gif

ylwhalo364.jpg

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I''m not sure if I''d go for a ''green amethyst'' myself. I would probably go for a tourmaline or a peridot.

There is actually no such stone as ''green amethyst'', although there is a naturally green quartz called prasiolite, which is very rare apparently. ''Green Amethyst'' is made by artifically heat-treating amethyst or citrine, although I have read somewhere that some have been irradiated.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Hmmmm.....that''s very interesting. Thanks for the info! I know I had seen green quartz which I thought looked very similar. I really like the green "amythyst" color. Its light and almost a pastel color.

iamsoopaman

Rough_Rock
Wait, where are these pictures from? This is almost exactly the ring I want for my gf.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
They were in an old thread on here for ovals w/ halo''s. Of course, looking now, I can''t find it again! Belle had posted several different pictures from a sapphire website. I''ll keep looking and post the link if I can find it

urseberry

Brilliant_Rock
By the look of the setting, I''m guessing the pictures originally came from The Natural Sapphire Company.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Thanks moviez.....very informative! I''d love to find a natural green quartz. Too bad the amethysts are treated.....The specific color of them is something that has some special meaning for me! Thanks again!

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
You might find a similar color/tone in a mint garnet or mint tourmaline, though they may tend to be a little bluer. If you''re looking for a pale green stone, rather than a really saturated green, you could probably save a lot.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
check out mali garnets! some of the greens even have golden sparkles.....but some are ''merely'' green.....

movie zombie

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Lovely! Honey I have some extra pennies if you want mine. That is a great cause! I support it!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2008 3:08:32 AM
Author: door knob solitaire
Lovely! Honey I have some extra pennies if you want mine. That is a great cause! I support it!
Thanks DKS! Your so sweet.
MovieZ - I''m going to check out the mali stones, and see what they have. I would love to find something that hasn''t been treated in any way if I can, but at the same time, that''s not the important factor to me for this specific piece. Thanks so much for all your input!

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
I know I really shouldn''t like green amythest for all of the very good reasons listed above, but it''s so pretty, I keep forgetting.

My bf also likes it, since he likes pale stones. Maybe I won''t tell him about all the marketing hype, and then he''ll buy me one as a present. Then I''ll have to like it, right? I mean, I can''t reject a gift, right? Right?

Sigh...

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
there are many green garnets....untreated. some are a mint green color......... but i''m partial to the mali''s.

movie zombie

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
just my style of ring, sharon!

says green amethyst and i'd assume treated.....but i'd contact gurhan to confirm that. the ring is relatively inexpensive [especially for gurhan] so that's why i'm guessing its treated amethyst. natural green amethyst is so rare but perhaps he does have a supplier. wouldn't know until contacting him though.

movie zombie

eta: not my thread but i so LOVE that carnelian!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I would ask them what the best price they can give you would be. In my experience, B&M jewelers often drop teh price by 1/3 to 1/2 when you say that.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2008 7:29:22 PM
Author: Independent Gal
I would ask them what the best price they can give you would be. In my experience, B&M jewelers often drop teh price by 1/3 to 1/2 when you say that.
They said they would sell it for $440. But I had to buy it that day, otherwise the sale was over....blah blah blah. And if I bought it next week, they didn''t have a certain "special" sale so they could only give it to me for $575, so I better buy it RIGHT NOW! When they start playing games like that with me, it just gets me upset, its like they assume that every blondie that walks through the door is dense enough to fall for that!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Thats a really unique cut. I like it! then I saw that it was 33 carats! Holy cow!
23.gif
Probably get some good finger coverage on that one!!!

milton333

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a really pretty green sapphire from Jeff White that I immediately thought of when I saw that setting.

313071f.jpg

joflier

Ideal_Rock
I forgot about sapphires......I have a pair of pears, but their for earrings and are only about .25ct each. Good thought! DH and I are going to Tucson next week, and we want to spend some time shopping around at the gem and mineral show. See if I can find anything there.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
expect a report when you''re back from Tucson!

btw, i really love your signature tag line.

movie zombie

joflier

Ideal_Rock
lol. Thanx!!!! I''m sure I''ll have some cool things to show when I get back. (I hope)
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results