shape
carat
color
clarity

My productive month!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hello ladies!

Well since getting engaged on Christmas eve, I have been a busy little bee!!! I have my venue, officiant, photographer, and florist booked, AND got a dress!

First...the venue
Fox Hollow in Long Island, New York. My wedding is on December 27, 2008. My room is called the Winter Garden Pavilion. here is a pic of the room.

50628[1].jpg

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
another view

35585[1].jpg

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
another
(behind this dancefloor is a large wrap around bar. to the right of the dancefloor is a large fireplace) My wedding will be in the evening.

35584[1].gif

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
now..the dress. Badgely Mischka''s Ginger
I ordered a sample from bridecouture.com. I saved almost $3000 off retail price! I am in love with the dress!!!

BadgleyMischka10263large.jpg

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
DMB I just went to a friend''s wedding there this past September. It was amazing. Your venue is gorgeous, I''m so excited for you! My friend''s DJ was phenomenal btw- honestly the best wedding DJ I''ve ever heard. Let me know if you need a DJ, I can ask her for his name.

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
My bouquet will look like this
30.gif

bouquet beautiful.jpg

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/14/2008 9:45:05 PM
Author: sap483
DMB I just went to a friend''s wedding there this past September. It was amazing. Your venue is gorgeous, I''m so excited for you! My friend''s DJ was phenomenal btw- honestly the best wedding DJ I''ve ever heard. Let me know if you need a DJ, I can ask her for his name.
Sap,
So glad to hear a good review of the Fox Hollow! I''d def love the name of your friend''s dj, that''s the next thing on my list!
1.gif

BTW, how did you find the food?

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
DMB, the food was really good. They had so much food at the cocktail hour (an overwhelming amount) that to be honest I wasn't very hungry at dinner. It was really good though. The waitstaff was very professional too. I didn't like the cake- I'm not sure if it was provided by the venue or a separate baker, but it was very dry and not very good. I'll be sure to get the name of the DJ for you. Both your dress and bouquet are beautiful btw.

beesknees

Rough_Rock
Wow DMBsGirl, I literally got goosebumps when I saw the first picture of the venue. It''s absolutely amazing! And congrats on the dress. It''s beautiful and what a bargain. The flowers are also gorgeous. I''ve never thought about all white flowers for the bouquet. You are so far ahead of me, we got engaged on the same day, and I don''t even have anything planned yet and the wedding is in November...
32.gif

Congrats again!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow!! Your venue is to die for-really really gorgeous. I love your dress-thanks for that link-I''ve just bookmarked it. I feel so lazy in comparison-all I have is the venue, the shoes and the ring. I have to ring the priest later today. Congrats on getting so much done.

hazel_eyes

Shiny_Rock
Wow, unbelievable venue. Very impressive. And your dress is fantastic. All the best with the rest of the planning!

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
I feel more like a slacker everyday. Thanks, DMB.

Everything that you have thus far looks amazing. Congratulations on being productive!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Everything looks amazing. Good job!

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
DMB, have you decided on what your centerpieces will look like?

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
you are super bride DMB! I was also looking into Fox Hollow because it looks so pretty! I never actually made the trip to visit them, so I will just have to live vicariously through your experience. How many people are you planning to have?

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/15/2008 11:08:36 AM
Author: sap483
DMB, have you decided on what your centerpieces will look like?
I will have high centerpieces on a spiral silver base with votives along the spiral. The flowers will be similar colors to my bouquet, white, cream and pink/champagne roses and also some hydrangeas (i will post a pic when i get my sample done). My bridesmaids will have latte colored dresses and bouquets of black magic roses (deep dark red)

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/15/2008 11:13:42 AM
Author: CrownJewel
you are super bride DMB! I was also looking into Fox Hollow because it looks so pretty! I never actually made the trip to visit them, so I will just have to live vicariously through your experience. How many people are you planning to have?
max 135, although i''d prefer around 120. (hoping for lots of no''s!) my minimum is 110.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results