shape
carat
color
clarity

Help? Melted Plastic Trouble!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Can you guys help my poor brother ? He and SIL hosted a huge New Year''s bash, and some dufus put a plastic cup on a hot burner. It''s melted onto the burner, and now my brother''s trying to figure out how to get the stuff off. Does anyone know any tricks?

The burner is the flat kind (not the coil) which heats up electrically.

Any ideas or suggestions appreciated. I''m sure he''s not the first person to have this happen? ??

33.gif

Thanks!

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
try putting a bag of frozen peas on it for a few minutes, then scrape with a straight edge razor.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, good idea! I''ll suggest that to him.

Any others?

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bummer. I''ve done this more times than I can count. Try turning the burner on to reheat the plastic and then scrape it off with a metal spatula while it''s soft.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I have one of those stays-hot-forever flat electric stoves too. Just last week I opened a cabinet door and a bunch of plastic straws fell onto the still hot stove. Talk about a mess of melted plastic. After finishing swearing, I learned that using a metal spatual while it was still hot got it off. The little bits at the end I got off with a straight razor blade.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Island Dreams...what exactly did you say to the stove?? Or were you talking to yourself? Just wondering if you could provide that ...as it may be therapeutic for Indys Brother....

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Hee, hee, I think I was talking to myself...and my kids who left the straws in a perilous position so they dumped right out (thankfully the kiddies weren''t home to hear my tirade!)

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Ahahaha! My brother has quite the repertoire in the cussing department. So I think he''ll be OK on that one.
2.gif

I''ve passed along the ideas - hot and cold, spatula and razor - and hopefully he''ll manage to get that stuff off. Bro and SIL are always entertaining, like, 100 people and their friends are pretty rowdy, so I''m amazed their house doesn''t sustain more damage than it seems to!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results